• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-2017 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT| Villanova has no fans so this is their thread

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
There's a Duke game tonight so this thread is back.

Sounds like Amile is playing.

2nd game all season we have everybody able to play. Maybe not fully "healthy", but at least able to go out on the court. Let's hope it stays that way.

Solid win for UK. Without Fox playing a majority of the game I felt our offense was more cohesive. May have been since Cal was basically calling every play.

That and other players were more active since there wasn't any ISOs for Fox.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I guess this team really is just soft now that Grayson has been neutered. I'll take our team from the beginning of the season over this mess any day.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I definitely feel that this is the worst freshmen class since 2006, of course we didn't know that until a year later. I really don't care who on the team stays because they are all garbage.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Same root issue, no point guard play.

PG play is basically everything in college.

DIdn't 2013 have the Harrison twins tho? I thought they were pgs, or were they combos? No PG certainly hurts, but if you have a smart and talented enough player, you can suffice with a converted SG or combo guard like Duke did with Scheyer in 2010.
These freshmen are completely overrated and there's no alpha dog upperclassman like Cook in 2015 to get them in line. Tatum actually is what everyone thinks Austin Rivers is and Giles is losing millions every night unless he's coming back.
Isn't there another Plumlee somewhere?

RIP Grayson's finger.
C2vYzglW8AAx62i.jpg

iamblades

DIdn't 2013 have the Harrison twins tho? I thought they were pgs, or were they combos? No PG certainly hurts, but if you have a smart and talented enough player, you can suffice with a converted SG or combo guard like Duke did with Scheyer in 2010.
These freshmen are completely overrated and there's no alpha dog upperclassman like Cook in 2015 to get them in line. Tatum actually is what everyone thinks Austin Rivers is and Giles is losing millions every night unless he's coming back.
Isn't there another Plumlee somewhere?

Nope, they came in the next year.

2013 Ryan Harrow was our 'best' PG option, and he wasn't able to handle the responsibility.

Most of the year we were stuck with Julius Mays and Jarrod Polson running the team, and Archie Goodwin running into the other team. lol

Proelite

Hey UK fans, care to trade Tatum AND Kennard for ONE of your Briscoe, Monk or Fox?

Edit: Add to the package Allen + Giles too.

iamblades

Hey UK fans, care to trade Tatum AND Kennard for ONE of your Briscoe, Monk or Fox?

Nah, we're cool.

Besides we need both Monk and Briscoe because one of them is almost guaranteed to have a shit game every other game it seems.

I'm waiting for the game where all 3 of them play at peak levels and we go super saiyan on a team.

Proelite

Nah, we're cool.

Besides we need both Monk and Briscoe because one of them is almost guaranteed to have a shit game every other game it seems.

I'm waiting for the game where all 3 of them play at peak levels and we go super saiyan on a team.

Teams starting 3 players 6'3" and shorter haven't won a title in like decades.

Tatum + Kennard at 6'9 and 6'7 are just what you need.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
This is not quite what I was expecting in this half 0_0

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So maybe getting Bolden active in the game is one of the keys to success here. I feel Matt and Amile playing well on both ends has long been established.

Maybe better shot attempts from Tatum and Kennard....and less of them

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So maybe getting Bolden active in the game is one of the keys to success here. I feel Matt and Amile playing well on both ends has long been established.

Maybe better shot attempts from Tatum and Kennard....and less of them

Luke should be taking more shots. His offensive efficiency numbers are insane.

Tatum can take as many shots as he wants as long as they're at the rim, or wide-open catch-and-shoots. When he slashes to the basket, good things happen. Loved his passing touch in that area.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Luke should be taking more shots. His offensive efficiency numbers are insane.

Tatum can take as many shots as he wants as long as they're at the rim, or wide-open catch-and-shoots. When he slashes to the basket, good things happen. Loved his passing touch in that area.

I don't think he Allen and Tatum play well together (on court at the same time) because all 3 take a high volume of shots. Since inside play has been negligible, the defense can simply crash the boards if the shot misses, and thats a lot of what happened in the losses to Louisville and FSU.
The defense also sucked and all three of them are terrible at defense, especially Tatum and Kennard.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think he Allen and Tatum play well together (on court at the same time) because all 3 take a high volume of shots. Since inside play has been negligible, the defense can simply crash the boards if the shot misses, and thats a lot of what happened in the losses to Louisville and FSU.
The defense also sucked and all three of them are terrible at defense, especially Tatum and Kennard.

I didn't really draw any of that from your 1st post, but yes I agree with all of that. Those 3 can't be on the court at the same time.

So who starts, now?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I didn't really draw any of that from your 1st post, but yes I agree with all of that. Those 3 can't be on the court at the same time.

So who starts, now?

So I think you split up Amile and Matt depending on matchups for defense and leadership maybe, and rotate Bolden, Giles and Jeter at the 4/5 if Giles can play D. GA and Frank can run point so alternate them. Pair Frank with Luke and Allen with Tatum maybe. I don't know. I think Allen is the most capable and most likely to benefit if he changes his style to a more traditional pass first pg

Proelite

Luke Kennard is not 6'7 lol.

He is listed as 6'6 but the coaching staff had said 6'7 on multiple occasions. They do tend to exaggerate the height though.

On the subject of Luke, I don't think he is quick enough to defend at the 2 and 1. He needs mostly play the 3. Tatum should play 15 min a game at the 4 and 10 min a game at the 3.

clav

Is this the year when Northwestern finally enters NCAA tournament for the first time in school history?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Man this is embarrassing. Can't manage to put together a full game of defense. This is like the reverse of the 2012 game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
How is Duke this bad? Is it all the lack of point guard and lack of a good on ball defender?

Everything that could go wrong with this team has gone wrong. The players just don't mesh well on court, injuries have set back the freshmen severely, Capel is in over his head because its not like he took a good complete team and ruined it. He took a team that had no idea how to play defense, can't run an offense other than jack up threes and he can't find a way to fix it.

There is no way to fix this. This season is done. Let the kids who are just auditioning for the NBA leave, whoever wants to transfer let them, and then start anew with someone who can run an offense.

Tatum is garbage tier

He's worse than Austin Rivers. Check that, he's worse than Austin Rivers' reputation. He is a total me player thats simply auditioning for the NBA. I don't think Kennard is much better to be honest. This team cannot support 3 jack em joes in Allen, Kennard and Tatum. Good thing is two of them should be gone after this season.

Tatum's fine. I wish he'd be around for another year or three, but his role is a scorer, but he just didn't finish well after getting to the rim.

Duke's problem is they have a lot of scorers but not a single distributor. Duke got away with it in 2010, but this team probably isn't going to be so lucky.

Actually, in losing at home to NC State, I'm pretty sure they're automatically relegated to the CBI.

RR30

Allen should have left for the NBA last year when it was a weak draft. Now he's going to have to come back when he's broken mentally. Tatum only cares about himself and Jackson isn't a point. Giles is a long ways away still. Kennard is great but he's not a point either. Just a bad roster makeup. Not easy to plug in freshman and become a great team.

Top Bottom