• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

2014 Andrew Luck pretended to carry my team and then promptly shit the bed in the Week 16 Championship game by getting negative points when he decided to curl up into a fetal position and die against the Cowboys. What a bitch move.

AHAHA, I totally forgot about that. Why bring up old wounds? He was my qb that year too :(

Edit: I was thinking of a different game....totally read over the Cowboys.

Ah, yeah, that Jax game. He fumbled like 4 times and totally made me lose one of my games...

DKehoe

Good luck to you and I hope through Fantasy Football you can earn a better understanding for American Football and maybe even enjoy watching it.

I don't have any advice at the moment but I just wanted to share this story with you. You know Daniel Radcliffe right? He's the dude who played Harry Potter and he's English obviously. He stayed in New York for a little while because he was acting in a play. He took an interest in football because the crew he worked with loved it. But it wasn't until he started playing fantasy football with the crew that his interest turned into love and then obsession. As for this year, I don't know if he was successful but I read that he wanted to draft Todd Gurley if he could. I did get Gurley so I hope my boy Harry was right about Gurley lol .

Yeh, I'm thinking that having a fantasy team will help me get emotionally invested in games while I'm learning about it. I don't really have a connection to any of the teams, other than watching that documentary series about the Cardinals, so having players that I want to do well should really help me get more engaged with the games.

natjjohn

Final main draft. 12 team, half PPR, 6point pass TDs. Must start 1 RB/WR/TE, but rest 3 spots are flex.

Different draft style. Bid for draft spots and draft from that spot every round. Was picking 8th every round. Think came out very solid though weak at TE. But week 1 match up for him is good to get some points.

QBs: Eli and Jameis Winston
RBs. Ezekiel Elliott, LeSean McCoy, Latavious Murray, Duke Johnson, Charles Sims, Alfred Morris
WRs: Keenan Allen, Julian Edelman, Josh Gordon
TE: Jesse James
PK: Catanzaro
DEFs: Seahawks and Jets D

It's a high scoring DST league. The jets d pick was pure luxury but saw an opportunity to have minimally teens and optimally 20s from DST every week.

Yikes did you really waste the #9 pick on cam Newton in a PPR league? Lol you better hope others made worse decisions than you

QB stats are favored a bit more in this league. I probably should've taken a better WR at 9, but not having a great QB for the past couple of years swayed my choice.

Here's how my draft shook out. Yahoo graded me an A-

S347ziM.png

QB stats are favored a bit more in this league. I probably should've taken a better WR at 9, but not having a great QB for the past couple of years swayed my choice.

Here's how my draft shook out. Yahoo graded me an A-

You are not helping your cause with drafting a DEF in the 7th round, and then you even add a backup DEF in the 11th. There were plenty of talent and sleepers in the skill positions at those points that could've bolstered your poor WR depth. Backup TE is also superfluous. Of course, that's how the Yahoo autodraft drafts, so no big surprise on the A- rating.

You are not helping your cause with drafting a DEF in the 7th round, and then you even add a backup DEF in the 11th. There were plenty of talent and sleepers in the skill positions at those points that could've bolstered your poor WR depth. Backup TE is also superfluous. Of course, that's how the Yahoo autodraft drafts, so no big surprise on the A- rating.

Looks like he's in a 16 man league, so he definitely needed both of those. Streaming absolutely isn't an option in that deep of a league. Not gonna say getting Cam in the 1st was a great idea, but the rest isn't as bad as you make it sound (although I wouldn't suggest getting a DEF that early either)

For reference, here's the best of who's left in the wire in my 16 man league:
QB: Goff, McCown
WR: Wright, Perriman, Strong
RB: Hillman, Bell, Bradshaw
TE: Gillmore, Donnell
DEF: Washington, Miami, Cleveland

He made some rookie mistakes, but he's not last place bound or anything

Mr Clutch

Since it looks like J. Charles is out Week 1, I moved my Flex (JStewart) to RB2. Now, who should i start at Flex? Currently I have Marvin Jones in the spot. On my bench I have Sanu, Sproles, and T Sharpe.

Standard League btw.

Tom Nook

10 team, NFL Standard, non ppr

RB
Gore vs DET
or
Steward vs DEN

WR/FLEX
Landry vs SEA
or
M Jones vs IND

I bold the ones I'm starting but any feedback is appreciated.

10 team, NFL Standard, non ppr

RB
Gore vs DET
or
Steward vs DEN

WR/FLEX
Landry vs SEA
or
M Jones vs IND

I bold the ones I'm starting but any feedback is appreciated.

I'd say Gore (mainly because I don't trust Steward, anyone against the Denver defense, or anyone playing a Thursday night game)

I'd also go with Jones based on them playing a weak defense without their best player, and Jones looks like he's gonna be awesome this year. Although your WR situation could go either way and no one would argue against you

Since it looks like J. Charles is out Week 1, I moved my Flex (JStewart) to RB2. Now, who should i start at Flex? Currently I have Marvin Jones in the spot. On my bench I have Sanu, Sproles, and T Sharpe.

Standard League btw.

I'd stick with Jones. He's a red zone target, so he has a better chance of scoring. Sharpe would be my second choice, but I may have bought into the hype

Mr Clutch

I'd say Gore (mainly because I don't trust Steward, anyone against the Denver defense, or anyone playing a Thursday night game)

I'd also go with Jones based on them playing a weak defense without their best player, and Jones looks like he's gonna be awesome this year. Not to mention Seattle...

I'd stick with Jones. He's a red zone target, so he has a better chance of scoring. Sharpe would be my second choice, but I may have bought into the hype

Thanks!

Looks like he's in a 16 man league, so he definitely needed both of those. Streaming absolutely isn't an option in that deep of a league. Not gonna say getting Cam in the 1st was a great idea, but the rest isn't as bad as you make it sound (although I wouldn't suggest getting a DEF that early either)

For reference, here's the best of who's left in the wire in my 16 man league:
QB: Goff, McCown
WR: Wright, Perriman, Strong
RB: Hillman, Bell, Bradshaw
TE: Gillmore, Donnell
DEF: Washington, Miami, Cleveland

He made some rookie mistakes, but he's not last place bound or anything

You're totally right, didn't notice the league size which explains a lot. Still, you gotta roll out a better WR4 than Jermaine Kearse in PPR.

Anyways, you seem to giving great advice. RB2 question: Jeremy Hill vs Jets or roll the dice on Christine Michael vs Dolphins?

ZeroDivide

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like a solid team. I'd go CJ Anderson over Blount. Also, see if you can pick up CJ's handcuff, Devontae Booker. He might just be sitting on the waiver wire. He could be really valuable this year, especially if CJ struggles or gets hurt.

Devante Parker may be a bust. He's constantly injured. When healthy, the guy is really good though. Dorsett should hopefully have a great year with a healthy Luck and no Andre Johnson.

Thanks for the advice! Parker was a bit of a gamble considering I came in halfway into the draft, and my draft spot was #7. I found it surprising that the first 3 picks were WR, but with the league leaning pass heavy, I was debating going the usual RB stack route vs. WR. Being late to the draft kinda decided things for me =\. So here's my starting lineup going into Thursday:

QB - Andrew Luck IND
RB - Ezekiel Elliott DAL
RB - Doug Martin TB
WR - Allen Robinson JAC
WR - John Brown ARI
TE - Delanie Walker TEN
FLEX - C.J. Anderson DEN
FLEX - Matt Forte NYJ
K - Stephen Gostkowski NE
DEF - Seattle Seahawks

Bench:
Christine Michael SEA-RB 
LeGarrette Blount NE-RB 
James Starks GB-RB 
DeVante Parker MIA-WR 
Mohamed Sanu ATL-WR 
Phillip Dorsett IND-WR 
Chris Hogan NE-WR 

I usually like to wait the first couple of weeks before waiver diving, especially since I'm 4th on the wire.

Gah.. I drafted Rawls.. but now worried about Christine Michael..

Do I drop Derrick Henry and pick up Michael as insurance? I was hoping Henry would be useful down the road..

You're totally right, didn't notice the league size which explains a lot. Still, you gotta roll out a better WR4 than Jermaine Kearse in PPR.

Anyways, you seem to giving great advice. RB2 question: Jeremy Hill vs Jets or roll the dice on Christine Michael vs Dolphins?
Yeah his bench situation is pretty dire, but he's just gonna have to hope he knocks one of the later picks outta the park (sounds about normal for a 16 man league lol)

And that's a tough one... Honestly, I'd gamble on Michael. You're likely not gonna have another chance to use him once Rawls returns, so might as well get a use out of him. If you wanna play it safe though, feel free to pick Hill

Do I drop Derrick Henry and pick up Michael as insurance? I was hoping Henry would be useful down the road..

At the least, you'd be protecting your earlier pick (Rawls) by getting Michael. I'd say go for Michael, but see if you have someone else you can possibly drop

ZeroDivide

Unconfirmed Member
10 team PPR, 2nd pick

wJ5azaY.png

Running backs are a little thin. Should I dump Ebron or McKinnon for Forsett? He's still available on waivers. There's slim pickins left :(

Personally I would, since Forsett is at least a starter for Baltimore, although a weak one at that. I think he has higher upside than Ebron.

UberTag

Unless you're in an 8-team league, I wouldn't drop Henry just yet. Hell, you should drop your kicker and grab Michael if you're that concerned (and you probably should be - for this week, at least). Both Greg the Leg and Phil Dawson should be available on the wire for you to pluck for the late Monday night game to complete your lineup.

Knox

Someone in my league overreacted and dropped Rawls. I'm currently dropping DeAngelo Williams for the waiver claim, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off dropping Woodhead, R. Jennings, or Abdullah.

Looks like CAR is going to be careful with Kelvin Benjamin's snap count, which concerns me. He's in one of my 2 flex spots and I'm thinking about taking him out. Just picked up Christine Michael and am thinking about slotting him in KB's spot.

Other options: Ameer Abdullah, Willie Snead, or Torrie Smith.

PPR 10-team. Should I roll with Michael?

UberTag

PPR 10-team. Should I roll with Michael?
Roll with Michael.

Someone in my league overreacted and dropped Rawls. I'm currently dropping DeAngelo Williams for the waiver claim, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off dropping Woodhead, R. Jennings, or Abdullah.
Don't drop DeAngelo while he can give you Top 10 RB numbers during Bell's suspension.
Drop Woodhead if you're in a Standard league or Jennings if you're in a PPR league.

I'd drop Abdullah, keep Williams for his couple of useful weeks!

Unless you're in an 8-team league, I wouldn't drop Henry just yet. Hell, you should drop your kicker and grab Michael if you're that concerned (and you probably should be - for this week, at least). Both Greg the Leg and Phil Dawson should be available on the wire for you to pluck for the late Monday night game to complete your lineup.

Small benches, 10-team competitive league.

My bench is:

Thomas Rawls
Emmanuel Sanders
Derrick Henry
Jeremy Langford

Two RB's in use are Doug Martin & Spencer Ware. I don't need Michael this week, just afraid if he runs away with the job down the road.. My kicker is Gostkowski, I'm sure someone would snag him :)

phanphare

Banned
2014 Andrew Luck pretended to carry my team and then promptly shit the bed in the Week 16 Championship game by getting negative points when he decided to curl up into a fetal position and die against the Cowboys. What a bitch move.

yeah that sucked. I lost by 8 points. a starting QB got less than 8 points.

Tom Nook

I'd also go with Jones based on them playing a weak defense without their best player, and Jones looks like he's gonna be awesome this year. Although your WR situation could go either way and no one would argue against you

Thanks.

I going with Jones over Landry. SEA D looks like a monster.

I'll play along. 12 teams 1 player keeper league 0.25 PPR. 1 IDP.
12th pick since I won it all last season.
1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 1 W/R 1 DEF 1 K 1 IDP

(12) Todd Gurley K (LA - RB)
(24) Le'Veon Bell (Pit - RB)
(25) LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)
(48) Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
(49) Jeremy Maclin (KC - WR)
(72) Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
(73) Duke Johnson Jr. (Cle - RB)
(96) Michael Crabtree (Oak - WR)
(97) Kirk Cousins (Was - QB)
(120) Terrance West (Bal - RB)
(121) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)
(144) Kansas City (KC - DEF)
(145) Devin Funchess (Car - WR)
(168) Virgil Green (Den - TE)
(169) Chris Boswell (Pit - K)
(192) Reshad Jones (Mia - S)

Gurley was my keeper. Had Leveon on my team last season as well and had no problem having him back on the squad. Not sure why I have Virgil. I'm a fan of his but with Witten I don't feel like I really need him. I may just use Green as an add/drop later once byes start coming into place.

Roll with Michael.

Thank you, sir. Just made the change. If Carolina was playing someone besides Denver I'd probably stay with KB since it's PPR but that matchup is too ugly to ignore. Hoping he gets back to something resembling his rookie season (minus the too many drops).

Would be great if Michael could steal the starting job from Rawls, but that seems unlikely.

McBryBry

First year playing fantasy so I don't know how well this is gonna go but give me opinions!

10 Team Standard, 8th Pick Snake Draft
AP's Daycare
QB: Tyrod Taylor
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb
RB: Adrian Peterson, Latavius Murray
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEX: RB Jeremy Langford
Bench: WR Michael Floyd, RB Frank Gore, RB Giovani Bernard, WR Torrey Smith, QB Jameis Winston
K: Chandler Catanzaro
DEF: New England

I'm down a bench player right now. Have waivers set to get Dion Lewis on my IR and Ted Ginn Jr on bench. This team I'm pretty damn confident in, just not sure who I want my flex to be this week and which QB to start since they both have good matchups.

10 Team Standard, 9th Pick Snake Draft
MakeAntonioGateAgain
QB: Russell Wilson
WR: Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Eric Decker
RB: Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill
TE: Antonio Gates
Bench: RB Rashad Jennings, WR Larry Fitzgerald, RB Ameer Abdullah, RB Isaiah Crowell, WR Tajae Sharpe (sleeper of the year), WR Kamar Aiken
IR: RB Dion Lewis
K: Stephen Gostkowski
DEF: Kansas City

On this one, Wilson is a no brainer all season. I'm also pretty confident in my WR lineup. Gates might get hurt and need replaced down the line, but Gostkowski makes up for the lack of TE scoring. My only real concern is my RB's. Even then, it isn't a concern over who I have but over who to start.

Other rbs: Zeke, c. Anderson, ware, d. Henry, cj spilled.

14 teams.

Other guy has Charles, d. murray and bell so he's hurting for rb depth.

I think ESPN's RB projections are broken at the moment:

Gurley getting 39 points
Lamar Miller getting 35 points
Devonta Freeman getting 32 points
AP getting 36 points
Demarco Murray and Gore getting 26 points

They have my opponents RBs basically beating my team on their own, and that's my money league team with Brown, Hopkins, and A. Robinson as my receivers.

I think ESPN's RB projections are broken at the moment:

Gurley getting 39 points
Lamar Miller getting 35 points
Devonta Freeman getting 32 points
AP getting 36 points
Demarco Murray and Gore getting 26 points

They have my opponents RBs basically beating my team on their own, and that's my money league team with Brown, Hopkins, and A. Robinson as my receivers.
You already checked your league settings to make sure it isn't one point per carry, correct?

I'm in a 0.5 point per carry league, and top tier running backs are projected to have around 25 points this week, so I can see those numbers if it was a full point

necrosis

To those concerned about the Thomas Rawls situation: unless his injury seriously set him back, there is virtually no chance of him losing the starting job. Michael is solid and nice to have on the roster, but odds are he's only listed ahead of Rawls this week due to injury concerns.

Make no mistake -- Rawls is a fucking monster. He was averaging 5.6 YPC prior to going down and piled up 830 yards on 147 touches.

GatorBait

I need someone to flex in week 1 in place of Jamaal Charles. It's a 0.5 PPR league. Thoughts on these guys?:

Charles Sims
Mohamed Sanu
Tajae Sharp

Sims seems the safest, but maybe Sharp has the most darkhorse upside?

You already checked your league settings to make sure it isn't one point per carry, correct?

I'm in a 0.5 point per carry league, and top tier running backs are projected to have around 25 points this week, so I can see those numbers if it was a full point

Aw shit. I had no idea that was a thing in our league. No wonder why all the top RBs were gone so quickly and WRs dropped. I'm doomed.

natjjohn

Aw shit. I had no idea that was a thing in our league. No wonder why all the top RBs were gone so quickly and WRs dropped. I'm doomed.

Always know the rules for your league. Lesson learned but your money sounds like it is toast!

1 or .5 per carry is over the top. In one of my leagues we do .2 per carry which gives an adequate boost to even out backs with WRs while taking the top tier backs that also catch to a little extra elite status.

Yep, it's subtle and can definitely screw you over in the end. I luckily learned my lesson to review the settings after an incident with return yards being in play years ago. I'd suggest aiming to target someone like Hill in a trade after a week or two since he has a tough schedule coming up (or Lacy since he always starts slow)

jfkgoblue

Trying to decide if I should start Eric Ebron over Jimmy Graham Sunday. I think if Ebron plays he will have a good game, but the aliens won't say if he's going to play

1/2 ppr btw

mackaveli

I got my draft starting shortly. Quick question. For NFL.com fantasy can the commissoner pause the draft if there is a problem?

I can't find anything on the site thanks.

And any sleepers (RB) to pick late rounds? I'm in a 14 team league. Non PPR.

Thanks

jfkgoblue

I got my draft starting shortly. Quick question. For NFL.com fantasy can the commissoner pause the draft if there is a problem?

I can't find anything on the site thanks.

And any sleepers (RB) to pick late rounds? I'm in a 14 team league. Non PPR.

Thanks
at 14 teams, pretty much any RB worth anything will be gone early to mid draft, really you are better off just watching the waiver wire and using the pick on a WR or TE sleeper, for someone with decent early games, 1-5 or so RB's are the only "sure thing" barring injury and after the first 15 or so it's pretty slim pickings, I'd say go for the guy in line to get the most carries for his team if you really want a late round RB

In a 0.5ppr I don't know if I should go James White or Frank Gore :
Not the biggest fan of Gore, but I can't believe people are forgetting the hell you're putting yourself thru when dealing with a Patriots RB. I wouldn't even think of starting anyone but MAYBE Blount unless you have no other choice...

Maybe that's just me though

jfkgoblue

lol in a 12 team 1/2 ppr league I managed to pick up lamar miller at the 13th pick of the draft, plus he's playing Chicago week 1.

I was drunk and drafted Brady too high because I forgot about the suspension.

I got my boy E-LI though; I think it'll be fine.

Everything's fine.

FTF

Just finished my 10 team league PPR auction draft...I feel like my team is fairly solid overall, but I don't love it:

Ezekiel Elliott
Devonta Freeman
Rob Gronkowski
Jordan Reed
Jeremy Maclin
Golden Tate
Julian Edelman
Matt Jones
Derek Carr
Michael Crabtree
Tyler Lockett
Jay Ajayi
Chris Ivory
Tyrod Taylor
Stephen Gostkowski
Rams D (since they're playing the niners week 1, I like to almost weekly sub defenses based on matchups)

jfkgoblue

Just finished my 10 team league PPR auction draft...I feel like my team is fairly solid overall, but I don't love it:

Ezekiel Elliott
Devonta Freeman
Rob Gronkowski
Jordan Reed
Jeremy Maclin
Golden Tate
Julian Edelman
Matt Jones
Derek Carr
Michael Crabtree
Tyler Lockett
Jay Ajayi
Chris Ivory
Tyrod Taylor
Stephen Gostkowski
Rams D (since they're playing the niners week 1, I like to almost weekly sub defenses based on matchups)
That's pretty good for ten teams, 2 top 5-6 RBs, top TE, middle tier WR, but when you got Devonte Freeman and Zeke Elliot, you should be golden
Also that's the only way to play defenses,
I was drunk and drafted Brady too high because I forgot about the suspension.

I got my boy E-LI though; I think it'll be fine.

Everything's fine.
Meh QB is pretty much a higher scoring K, the top 10-15 QB's all get roughly the same amount of points

mackaveli

I have Beckham as my #1 WR and Landry probably #2.

I will either play Crabtree or Benjamin as Flex. Should I bench Benjamin and see how he does as he shouldn't play the full game tmrw and go with Crabtree cause it's safer?

Top Bottom