• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

I have Beckham as my #1 WR and Landry probably #2.

I will either play Crabtree or Benjamin as Flex. Should I bench Benjamin and see how he does as he shouldn't play the full game tmrw and go with Crabtree cause it's safer?
Definitely. Going against the Broncos is reason enough to bench him: the conditioning issues is just the icing on the cake

jfkgoblue

Do I start Kelvin tomorrow against Denver? My gut says to sit him.
I have him on the bench on my team for a couple of reasons:

First game back after sitting all of last year
He's playing the Broncos

Of course, I have Deandre Hopkins and Kennan Allen as my WR, with Jeremy Maclin in my flex, so I'm not hurting right now at WR, even took Devin Funchess as a late pick to hedge my bets on Benjamin a little.

Thomas Rawls or Chris Ivory?

Pete Carroll announced Christine Michael the starter for SEA. Seems like Rawls isnt 100% from last season's injury yet.

Id go with Ivory this week. Hes a proven short yardage TD threat in the red zone and I honestly think he will carry the load for the Jags over Yeldon this year eventually.

jfkgoblue

Pete Carroll announced Christine Michael the starter for SEA. Seems like Rawls isnt 100% from last season's injury yet.

Id go with Ivory this week. Hes a proven short yardage TD threat in the red zone and I honestly think he will carry the load for the Jags over Yeldon this year eventually.
Ivory has a bad matchup this week though

I have him on the bench on my team for a couple of reasons:

First game back after sitting all of last year
He's playing the Broncos
yeah he's pretty risky it being his first game back against the Broncos. I think he's boom or bust. If you're not prepared to eat a goose egg in that spot, I would sit him.

At the same time, it is a possibility he gets a few redzone targets or shots deep. He's still 6'5 and a matchup nightmare

Ivory has a bad matchup this week though

Agreed GB was stout against the run last year, but I still think Ivory is the better pick this week.

Rawls only had a few carries in 1 preseason game and will have his carries limited by the coaching staff. Id roll the dice on Chris Ivory banging in a short yardage TD then Rawls doing anything on his handful of carries.

VoxPop

Not sure what to think of my teams, feel free to leave me some feedback

12 man .5 PPR Auction said:
QSYU9no.png

12 man said:

12 man said:

phanphare

Banned

I think his snaps are limited tonight. I'd sit him personally if you have another option to plug in. haven't been that impressed with how he looks so far but maybe I'm just an overcritical panthers fan. I think this is funchess's year personally.

Right now I have Tyrod Taylor in over P. Rivers. Drafted Rivers first but my gut is telling me he'll have a bad game against KC..good call?

Also, My flex right now is Tyler Lockett with Sproles, Snead, Sanu, and Tajae Sharpe as alternatives. Should I stick with Lockett?

ColdPizza

Banned
I think I may have been not been aggressive enough in my keeper auction draft last night for the WR position...so I switched up gears and grabbed Michael Thomas (NO), Josh Doctson (WSH), and Sterling Shepard (NYG) and hoping one of more of them hit it big for keeper purposes next year.

Other than that my only other notable WR is Cobb.

wbsmcs

I have Dalton as my QB but going up against the Jets is a scary matchup. Worth it to drop him for someone like Dak or RG3? Or am I just overthinking things here?

jfkgoblue

Right now I have Tyrod Taylor in over P. Rivers. Drafted Rivers first but my gut is telling me he'll have a bad game against KC..good call?

Also, My flex right now is Tyler Lockett with Sproles, Snead, Sanu, and Tajae Sharpe as alternatives. Should I stick with Lockett?
Kc gave up a lot of passing yards last year, I'd go with Rivers

gutshot

Can't decide who to start in my RB2 spot.

LeGarrette Blount, @ ARI
Danny Woodhead, @ KC
Matt Jones, vs PIT
Charles Sims, @ ATL

FantasyPros has them all fairly even.

Pepiope

10 team league 1 pt PPR

How'd I do?

Rivers
Ingram
Bernard
OBJ
Evans
Reed
Cobb
Eagles D week by week basis
Gano

Bn:
Kelvin Benjamin
Ertz
Josh Gordon
Michael
Abdullah
Winston
James White

Winston against ATL or Rivers against KC?

phanphare

Banned
Can't decide who to start in my RB2 spot.

LeGarrette Blount, @ ARI
Danny Woodhead, @ KC
Matt Jones, vs PIT
Charles Sims, @ ATL

FantasyPros has them all fairly even.

I think blount is the easy pick to cross off the list. I'd probably go with matt jones tbh, as long as he's healthy.

10 team league 1 pt PPR

How'd I do?

Rivers
Ingram
Bernard
OBJ
Evans
Reed
Cobb
Eagles D week by week basis
Gano

Bn:
Kelvin Benjamin
Ertz
Josh Gordon
Michael
Abdullah
Winston
James White

Winston against ATL or Rivers against KC?

Winston. SD has struggled as of late at Arrowhead. That, and the Falcons have a far worse defense than the Chiefs.

Tom Nook

Anybody start the rookies just for the hell of it?

One of the leagues I'm starting:

Prescott QB
Zeke RB
and
C Coleman WR

jay23

10 team ppr auction

Wanted the best 2 WRs so I just went for it, this is how my team turned out.

Matt Ryan, Matthew Stafford
Jamal Charles
Arian Foster
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham Jr
Zach Miller
Amari Cooper

Bench
Matt Jones
Theo Riddick
Derrick Henry
Christine Michael
James Starks
Markus Wheaton

Drafted a bunch of rbs hoping one will pan out.

How did I do?

10 team ppr auction

Jamal Charles
Arian Foster
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham Jr
Zach Miller
Amari Cooper

Bench
Matt Jones
Theo Riddick
Derrick Henry
Christine Michael
James Starks
Markus Wheaton

How did I do?

You did pretty well for having blown the majority of your budget on the two top fantasy assets. You should ride C Mike for this week, and Matt Jones can fill the role until Jamaal Charles gets right. Amari Cooper as a WR3/flex is sick. Play the wire on TE and QB and you should be set.

jfkgoblue

10 team ppr auction

Jamal Charles
Arian Foster
Antonio Brown
Odell Beckham Jr
Zach Miller
Amari Cooper

Bench
Matt Jones
Theo Riddick
Derrick Henry
Christine Michael
James Starks
Markus Wheaton

How did I do?
Word is that Michael is gonna get a lot of carries week 1, he may be better than Arian foster

McBryBry

First year playing fantasy so I don't know how well this is gonna go but give me opinions!

10 Team Standard, 8th Pick Snake Draft
AP's Daycare
QB: Tyrod Taylor
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Marshall, Randall Cobb
RB: Adrian Peterson, Latavius Murray
TE: Zach Ertz
FLEX: RB Jeremy Langford
Bench: WR Michael Floyd, RB Frank Gore, RB Giovani Bernard, WR Torrey Smith, QB Jameis Winston
K: Chandler Catanzaro
DEF: New England

I'm down a bench player right now. Have waivers set to get Dion Lewis on my IR and Ted Ginn Jr on bench. This team I'm pretty damn confident in, just not sure who I want my flex to be this week and which QB to start since they both have good matchups.

10 Team Standard, 9th Pick Snake Draft
MakeAntonioGateAgain
QB: Russell Wilson
WR: Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins, Eric Decker
RB: Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill
TE: Antonio Gates
Bench: RB Rashad Jennings, WR Larry Fitzgerald, RB Ameer Abdullah, RB Isaiah Crowell, WR Tajae Sharpe (sleeper of the year), WR Kamar Aiken
IR: RB Dion Lewis
K: Stephen Gostkowski
DEF: Kansas City

On this one, Wilson is a no brainer all season. I'm also pretty confident in my WR lineup. Gates might get hurt and need replaced down the line, but Gostkowski makes up for the lack of TE scoring. My only real concern is my RB's. Even then, it isn't a concern over who I have but over who to start.

Repost for new page, still not sure what to do with my FLEX on team 1 and my RB's on 2..

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Well I finally drafted for my ppr 12 team 4 keeper league

Kept:
Tyrod Taylor
Antonio Brown
Danny Woodhead
Travis Kelce

Drafted:
Kirk Cousins
Lesean McCoy
Demarco Murray
Gio Bernard
Bilal Powell
John Brown
Travis Benjamin
Corey Coleman
Willie Snead
Jared Cook

came out of my draft really disappointed...luckily FF is more about playing the ww/fa and pure luck... now week 1, due to match ups I'm probably only playing one of my Keepers (AB)

what do you guys think of my draft?

Kept:
Tyrod Taylor
Antonio Brown
Danny Woodhead
Travis Kelce

Drafted:
Kirk Cousins
Lesean McCoy
Demarco Murray
Gio Bernard
Bilal Powell
John Brown
Travis Benjamin
Corey Coleman
Willie Snead
Jared Cook

came out of my draft really disappointed...luckily FF is more about playing the ww/fa and pure luck... now week 1, due to match ups I'm probably only playing one of my Keepers (AB)

what do you guys think of my draft?
Why aren't you starting Kelce? And something seems off about it for a 12 man league team. It's like your WR2/RB2 situation is worse than it should be for a league that size

Repost for new page, still not sure what to do with my FLEX on team 1 and my RB's on 2..

Okay...

Team 1: Langford sounds fine to me, starting RB, he is going to get work and that's more than you can say about some other teams. Week 1 is a huge crapshoot.

Team 2: I don't see a flex spot here? Miller and Hill are good week 1 RB starts, and if you had a flex I think this is Jenning's week to shine since he's not hurt and the Giants are going to beat up on the Cowboys.

Personally I feel way better starting Fitzgerald than Decker but that's me.

So your starting roster is, in theory (not knowing how many starter slots you have)

QB: Cousins
WR: Brown, Benjamin
RB: McCoy, Murray
TE: Kelce
Flex: John Brown, if he can play this week, else Gio

BN: RB-Woodhead
BN: QB-Taylor
BN: WR-Coleman
BN: TE-Cook
BN: WR-Snead
BN: RB-Powell

It's not a great draft. But you have valid 1s at starter positions so that's a solid take. I agree that WR2 is a big weakness for you, but you have plenty of ammo to see how Week 1 goes. Personally I think maybe half your bench is droppable for Week 2, but if you're lucky some of those lottery tickets will hit. Else really think Cook/Coleman/Snead may be replaceable.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Why aren't you starting Kelce? And something seems off about it for a 12 man league team. It's like your WR2/RB2 situation is worse than it should be for a league that size

Not starting Kelce, due to his match up. over two games SD kept him to only 8 catches and 64 yards. Seems like Jared Cook has has more of an upside and similar floor with rodgers this week. At least thats what i'm thinking.

Also, the player pool REALLY gets depleted when 48 of the top players are automatically removed from it due to everyone keeping 4 each. so when you think about it in theory our first round picks are really where non keeper leagues are picking around the 4th/5th round. granted it doesn't work exactly like that, but yeah my point is there's not as much talent as you would expect.

Still though, I Know I could have drafted a bit stronger, in some rounds.

So your starting roster is, in theory (not knowing how many starter slots you have)

WR: Brown, Benjamin
TE: Kelce
Flex: John Brown, if he can play this week, else Gio

BN: WR-Coleman
BN: TE-Cook
BN: WR-Snead

It's not a great draft. But you have valid 1s at starter positions so that's a solid take. I agree that WR2 is a big weakness for you, but you have plenty of ammo to see how Week 1 goes. Personally I think maybe half your bench is droppable for Week 2, but if you're lucky some of those lottery tickets will hit. Else really think Cook/Coleman/Snead may be replaceable.

we play one more WR, than you guessed. so my starters for this week are:

WR: Brown, Brown, Snead
TE: Cook ( matchup worries me against SD, who were great against him last two games)
Flex: Coleman

BN: WR-Bernard
BN: TE-Kelce (T. Benjamin worries me against KC, who were 2nd in QB rating allowed last season)
BN: WR-T. benjamin (worries me against KC, who were 2nd in QB rating allowed last season)

As you can guess, i'm banking on like 1/2 guys hitting out of my WR2/3s - was so sad once the draft was over though. I dont think I landed anyone that was on my personal cheat sheet / notes

feel free chime in with any advice though. thanks for the tips on dropping those players too!

McBryBry

Okay...

Team 1: Langford sounds fine to me, starting RB, he is going to get work and that's more than you can say about some other teams. Week 1 is a huge crapshoot.

Team 2: I don't see a flex spot here? Miller and Hill are good week 1 RB starts, and if you had a flex I think this is Jenning's week to shine since he's not hurt and the Giants are going to beat up on the Cowboys.

Personally I feel way better starting Fitzgerald than Decker but that's me.

There is no flex spot on team 2, just trying to decide who my RB2 will be since I'm confident in Miller.

On Team 1, Langford was who I was leaning towards until I realized he's up against Houston while Gore is up against Detroit. Then my head started to doubt the decision

Not starting Kelce, due to his match up. over two games SD kept him to only 8 catches and 64 yards. Seems like Jared Cook has has more of an upside and similar floor with rodgers this week. At least thats what i'm thinking.

Be my guest, but I always start my studs week 1. Maybe the Chargers defense is good? Maybe they suck? Maybe Rodgers continues to use his other TE or only throws to his receivers? I think Cook's upside, is like 25 yards and a TD, personally.

feel free chime in with any advice though. thanks for the tips on dropping those players too![/QUOTE]

No reason to drop anyone until Week 1 gives you an idea of where the wind is pointing, but I would just say unless you see good signs of progress don't be afraid to drop guys. People who miss the boat on waiver studs each year are the ones who hang onto their lottery tickets too long.

So my WRs are boss. PPR league.

Unfortunately I didn't draft any RBs until late.

Sitting on D. Murray, Matt Jones, James White, and Chris Ivory. None of them are great but I have a sneaky feeling about White in PPR.

It's getting so close now. Final question before tonight's game. Should I start Kelvin Benjamin or John Brown as my flex? I do also have Funchess but I'm going to take a wait and see approach with him as the year goes on.

I really want to start KB because I do think the Panthers will have a good night offensively and he'll play a role in that. Or the Broncos D will remain dominant. On the other hand I like John Brown, but their are a lot of mouths to feed on that Cardinals team and he could be as far down as 4th option.

Tom Nook

It's getting so close now. Final question before tonight's game. Should I start Kelvin Benjamin or John Brown as my flex? I do also have Funchess but I'm going to take a wait and see approach with him as the year goes on.

I really want to start KB because I do think the Panthers will have a good night offensively and he'll play a role in that. Or the Broncos D will remain dominant. On the other hand I like John Brown, but their are a lot of mouths to feed on that Cardinals team and he could be as far down as 4th option.

Both Benjamin and Brown are risky for me. I don't trust Palmer after his playoff game and Benjamin vs that DEN D is scary. I go with KB with this.

RB1/2 = D Martin J Stewart
WR1/2 = A Brown D Baldwin
FLEX 1/2 = A Hurns M Sanu

Bench
M Jones
T Benjamin
K Benjamin

Not sure what to do with both my flex's right now, as I'm hooped with options on the bench at RB. I like Hurns TD potential, and Sanu could look good as well with Julio drawing the double team. Matt Jones seems like a wildcard though considering his shoulder and the fact that its Washington.

Would anyone line it up differently?

Doomsayer

I like my team... but I feel I can upgrade especially at RB, I have a ton of WRs I may need to ship one out. What do you guys think? 10 person snake draft, pick 4.

QB - Eli Manning, Matt Stafford
RB - Eddie Lacey, Matt Jones, Chris Ivory, Jamaal Charles (big risk)
WR - Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Donte Moncrief, Tavon Austin
TE - Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz
K - Roberto Aguayo
DST - Panthers, Rams

[QUOTE='[KoRp]Would anyone line it up differently?[/QUOTE]

I like Jones vs. the Steelers D more than Hurns as a secondary option, but it's not like Hurns can't have a big game. Either is fine.

I like my team... but I feel I can upgrade especially at RB, I have a ton of WRs I may need to ship one out. What do you guys think? 10 person snake draft, pick 4.

I think Charles is fine. You're just getting more of a Le'Veon Bell situation where he could miss some games or just not be 100% until then. If you start a flex I would start WR for awhile, of course. But yes you could deal a WR if needed.

Doomsayer

I think Charles is fine. You're just getting more of a Le'Veon Bell situation where he could miss some games or just not be 100% until then. If you start a flex I would start WR for awhile, of course. But yes you could deal a WR if needed.

I think he will be fine, eventually. I just hope my team can stay afloat until he returns.

Tom Nook

QB - Eli Manning, Matt Stafford
RB - Eddie Lacey, Matt Jones, Chris Ivory, Jamaal Charles (big risk)
WR - Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, Larry Fitzgerald, Donte Moncrief, Tavon Austin
TE - Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz
K - Roberto Aguayo
DST - Panthers, Rams

Bold the ones to keep

jay23

You did pretty well for having blown the majority of your budget on the two top fantasy assets. You should ride C Mike for this week, and Matt Jones can fill the role until Jamaal Charles gets right. Amari Cooper as a WR3/flex is sick. Play the wire on TE and QB and you should be set.

Honestly wasn't even trying to get cooper I got stuck with him after trying to raise his price up. I wanted to use that $22 on bortles + a better RB.

Word is that Michael is gonna get a lot of carries week 1, he may be better than Arian foster

Yea I'll probably start him he has so much potential if he gets the starting job.

hermit7

Had my draft over the weekend, did pretty well I think drafting 8th in a 12 man.

Lamar Miller
Doug Martin
Mike Evans
Brandin Cooks
Donte Moncreif
Tom Brady
Rashad Jennings
Eli Manning

First 8 picks in the draft.

Rounded it off (forget the order)
Justin Forsett
Bengals
Blair Walsh
Markus Wheaton
Martellus Bennett
John Brown

Overall I am pleased with the value I was able to score. Tight end is a weak spot but I think I should be alright. I think this year is quite weak for tight ends overall, and am pretty high on Bennet. Was able to score Forsett in round 11, which is good value for a number 1 rb even if he is in a committee.

So I'm in a 12-person keeper league (drafted 6th in each round), and my lineup is as follows:

QB: D. Carr
RB1: E. Lacy
RB2: M. Jones (10th round keep)
WR1: A. Cooper (4th round keep)
WR2: T.Y Hilton
WR3: J. Maclin (5th round keep)
Flex: E. Decker (7th round keep)
TE: T. Kelce
DST: Chiefs
K: Catanzaro

Bench: QB M. Ryan, WR K. Aiken, WR D. Green-Beckham, TE/Flex A. Gates, TE/Flex C. Walford, RB/Flex B. Powell

I want to improve my RB2, and was offered G. Bernard from the Bengals for Kelce. Would you take that? I tried to offer Gates instead...

wbsmcs

So I'm in a 12-person keeper league (drafted 6th in each round), and my lineup is as follows:

QB: D. Carr
RB1: E. Lacy
RB2: M. Jones (10th round keep)
WR1: A. Cooper (4th round keep)
WR2: T.Y Hilton
WR3: J. Maclin (5th round keep)
Flex: E. Decker (7th round keep)
TE: T. Kelce
DST: Chiefs
K: Catanzaro

Bench: QB M. Ryan, WR K. Aiken, WR D. Green-Beckham, TE/Flex A. Gates, TE/Flex C. Walford, RB/Flex B. Powell

I want to improve my RB2, and was offered G. Bernard from the Bengals for Kelce. Would you take that? I tried to offer Gates instead...

Is this standard or ppr? In standard that may be a bit low for Kelce, but you have Gates and Walford on the bench who are serviceable TEs. I would hold and try to play the WW in the early season. Kelce could break out and I don't see Gio having THAT much upside if Hill stays healthy.

Top Bottom