• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Jarnet87

I sat Sammy Watkins for Kenny Britt. Ended up having a good day, but I think Kenny can do the same. Luck stunk it up today but put on some stats to get me 16 and Gore's day was saved by the receiving TD.

RBH

It might.. but they are still making it a point to get him at least a couple touches a game. Hill is too good to sit on the sidelines. Plus.. it's not impossible for Maclin to have a setback during the game.

We've seen that Hill can do a lot and attack you in different ways.. Andy won't leave him on the bench to rot in my opinion

.........my hesitant ass decided to play Ginn instead of Hill. :|

Thankfully, I have Le'Veon Bell on my team.

t-ramp

Looks like I'll be up at least 50 points going into week two of my first-round playoff matchup.

Streaming defenses has worked out great lately. I have Atlanta going this week, and used Pittsburgh when they racked up 24 a couple weeks ago...

I hope I can win one of these years. I try the hardest lol.

Well they pulled Matty Ice. I have Martin still playing and I'm up 9 with Baldwin, Ingram, and Austin still playing for him.

And then it'll be Edelman and OBJ vs James White and K. Aiken.

Normally I would be comfortable but who knows what'll happen.

Tom Nook

FUCK YOU SEAHAWKS DEF!!!

I always hate you real life but NOW really hate you in fantasy!

Shit! The Falcons DEF was right there in front of me but didn't picked them up...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Unless ODB has a record breaking game and the Patriots shit the bed Im out of the league I care about....

iGWFwQp.gif

gonna win in my work league but who cares :/

UberTag

This has been the absolute craziest Week 14 for fantasy that I can recall.
The No Quitters GAF cash league might lose all four of its top seeds in the first round of the fantasy playoffs.
I need 16.75 points out of OBJ and Bailey tonight to stay alive. By no means am I resting easy.
Would be dead already if I didn't have an 11th hour epiphany and bench Ingram.

In a 12 team standard $1K cash league with my buddies. I'm down 81.70 to 84.60. He's got Dez and Edelman to play, I've got New England D/ST and either Malcom Mitchell or Rashad Jennings at my flex. Still don't know who to go with...

bigkrev

ZERO points from Pryor
1 point from Ingram
2 points from Crabtree
3 points from Walker
7 points from Brees

It's only because Grahm Gano had 17 points that I even managed to crack 50 points this week

It's really fun to lose week 1 of the playoffs in such a disasterous way!

This has been the absolute craziest Week 14 for fantasy that I can recall.
The No Quitters GAF cash league might lose all four of its top seeds in the first round of the fantasy playoffs.
I need 16.75 points out of OBJ and Bailey tonight to stay alive. By no means am I resting easy.
Would be dead already if I didn't have an 11th hour epiphany and bench Ingram.
You are almost there Uber.. I believe in you

UberTag

You are almost there Uber.. I believe in you
That long TD was enough. Improved to 5-0 lifetime in the all-important Money Week match-ups. I backed in to this one but I'll take it.

(Watch a scoring correction completely screw me now that I've said that.)

Congrats on your likely win in the Shirtless League quarter-finals, btw.
That receiving triumvirate of Taylor, Tyler and Tyreek does good work.

That long TD was enough. Improved to 5-0 lifetime in the all-important Money Week match-ups. I backed in to this one but I'll take it.

(Watch a scoring correction completely screw me now that I've said that.)

Congrats on your likely win in the Shirtless League quarter-finals, btw.
That receiving triumvirate of Taylor, Tyler and Tyreek does good work.
Thank you Uber..

I don't know who I want to play next week.. I was hoping it wouldn't be Dutch.. now I'm hoping I don't matchup with Kave or Larry..

bigkrev

Dez Bryant scored -1 points tonight.
If you went into this game with a tie and now have a loss, I feel awful for you and you should post your team

Jarnet87

Zeke looked on pace to do a lot better before that 2nd half shit show. Still like my chances up 11 vs Gostkowski, Ravens have allowed the fewest amount of points to kickers this year

NateDrake

I'm glad I swapped out Kelvin B. for Taylor Gabriel this morning. Have a 70pt lead going into tomorrow against an opponent with Pats Defense, Edelman, Blount, and Hogan. I have Steve Smith Sr. going for my team.

Taco Bell league I got Mitchell going against Blount and it's nearly tied. RiP me

Other Two leagues

First one my team blasted a 140+ week with everyone scoring at least 15
The another league I already won but need help to get into playoffs. Need someone else to lose in order to get in due to my tie.

Tom Nook

Even with SEA Def giving me -3pts...... I'm only down 8pts with Brady and Mitchell left. Those guys can do it, right?

No way Brady alone only will get under 8pts........

bigkrev

Even with SEA Def giving me -3pts...... I'm only down 8pts with Brady and Mitchell left. Those guys can do it, right?

No way Brady alone only will get under 8pts........

Brees and Ben got under 7 points, and depending on your scoring system Russ may have scored as few as 3 points (4pt TD 2pt INT).

ENJOY YOUR DAY

Up 27 thanks to that OBJ TD. Feel a lot better going into Monday.

Edelman vs Aiken and James White.

I just need a decent game from Edelman (1pt PPR) and I SHOULD be winning.

Watch Aiken have a monster game and NE fights back through White hahahaha.

The same team I started two weeks ago that got 159 points got me 74 yesterday and I'm out. The guy I played only had 84 too so it hurts, especially since this is the only week all season that my team went under 100pts at all. I guess that's just fantasy for you. Thanks to everyone here for the advice this season and good luck!

TylerD

Lost Gordon and Moncrief and still won against the best record in the league thanks to Miami DST and Eifert. Not playoffs yet but I just bumped myself up a couple of seeds in the playoff and really improved my first round matchup.

Still happy that I have that 1 waiver!

phanphare

Banned
welp, it was a shit week but I'm still living

scored 75 which was enough to do it. opponent scored 59.5. thank you latavius and graham gano for carrying my team and thank you big ben for sucking ass.

somehow managed to get ahead by .2 with gostkowski left

Normally i'd say it's not a problem but he's had a 0 point game this season AND pretty much everyone shit the bed this week so who knows how it'll end up

Since I am an owner of Melvin Gordon and playoffs start for me next week

Should I pick up Kenneth Farrow or someone else?

I still have Mark Ingram on my bench and I have Jordan Howard in my lineup still..

Should I look at picking up Hightower, Montgomery, or Jalen Richard?

I still have Mark Ingram on my bench and I have Jordan Howard in my lineup still..

I think Montgomery or farrow would be the best out of those choices. Montgomery if you can play as RB, he has highest ceiling but is really boom or bust.

Wads

Banned
I made top 4 in both leagues. One I have zeke(bye) and the other I have bell. In my bell league, I would have won without him. Feeling good about taking home at least one league championship.

somehow made it into playoffs(ours start week 15) and my first opponent is...

the zeke/bell/gordon owner(well not gordon anymore anyway)

so basically

fml

i hope someone (other than him) picks up farrow(i'll be putting in a claim but I doubt i'll get him)

TylerD

In a similar position with Gordon but I have Hyde and Ingram as well. Thinking I'm going Hyde vs ATL and Howard vs GB and using my 1 waiver on Sammy Watkins V CLE to replace Moncrief in my starting WRs. I also have Britt, Cooper, and Beckham.

I'm entertaining playing Britt over Cooper because he's been more consistent and is soaking up targets from Goff. But Rams are playing Seattle and Oakland may be playing a Bosa-less Chargers D.

Decisions!

Powell is available too if I want him.

Jarnet87

This is the week I finally play Watkins over Britt.

For anyone who has Gordon there are some reports that Hillman could see more snaps, so starting Farrow could be a nightmare.

TylerD

My opponent has a bunch of bad DST match ups (3 players on his roster have top 15 in points allowed match ups) and he has Forte. So, I have to take Powell with my waiver 1 to block him right? He is waiver 5.

Everyweek i'm going to ask this but sorry in advance.

Matty Ice or Captain Kirk?
Same boat. I have Ryan in for now but I'm worried.

I'm afraid Atlanta will run the ball at will, Ryan will have no reason to throw and the game will be over by the 3rd quarter.

Also Cousins vs the awful Panthers pass defense is tempting. Most of the analysts I follow have both Ryan and Cousins in the top 5 this week, hopefully there isn't a wrong answer and both perform well.

Top Bottom