• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

UberTag

I have Crabtree, Kelce, Ware, and Janikowski going tonight. Of course my first playoff game involves basically half my team starting on TNF.

Debating if I should make any moves. Janikowski is really the only one there I can afford to find a suitable replacement for, so I might do that. Should I be scared away from starting any of those other guys, realistically?
Even benching Janikowski seems like a somewhat arbitrary decision. Forbath had 3 field goals last Thursday. Prater had 3 field goals the week before that. Gano the week before that. If there's one position I don't sweat Thursday games much on, it's kicker.

I'm stuck trotting out Ware, Kelce and Carr tonight - the latter in two leagues. Sometimes Thursday matchups can't be helped. I did briefly entertain grabbing Dalton to use against Cleveland instead but I would not at all feel confident doing so given the weather and Green still being on the shelf.

Thoughts on Forsett in Denver? Couldn't get a TB rb and still have Hightower starting.
The Broncos have a shit running schedule for the fantasy playoffs. I grabbed Forsett in the league I own Booker for insurance but I'm not feeling especially great about either of them especially with Denver's passing game hitting the skids.

Even benching Janikowski seems like a somewhat arbitrary decision. Forbath had 3 field goals last Thursday. Prater had 3 field goals the week before that. Gano the week before that. If there's one position I don't sweat Thursday games much on, it's kicker.

I'm stuck trotting out Ware, Kelce and Carr tonight - the latter in two leagues. Sometimes Thursday matchups can't be helped. I did briefly entertain grabbing Dalton to use against Cleveland instead but I would not at all feel confident doing so given the weather and Green still being on the shelf.

Yeah, fair point on kickers. It's mostly the mix of playoffs drama and Thursday night paranoia that's scaring me.

I am hoping you guys can help me with this issue I am dealing with as head commissioner. I gave assistant commissioner powers to a friend in a Yahoo league who help set it up with me.

On Tuesday, he changed the settings to allow trades during the first week of playoffs, and trades are immediate and cannot be vetoed. He traded W. Smallwood for L. Murray with someone who was eliminated from playoffs.

I noticed this and reversed this transaction and revoked his commissioner powers. What is an acceptable punishment for both players? Keep in mind I am also playing him this first week of playoffs. This is our third consecutive year, so it's possible a punishment is delayed until next season.

Shizza

I am hoping you guys can help me with this issue I am dealing with as head commissioner. I gave assistant commissioner powers to a friend in a Yahoo league who help set it up with me.

On Tuesday, he changed the settings to allow trades during the first week of playoffs, and trades are immediate and cannot be vetoed. He traded W. Smallwood for L. Murray with someone who was eliminated from playoffs.

I noticed this and reversed this transaction and revoked his commissioner powers. What is an acceptable punishment for both players? Keep in mind I am also playing him this first week of playoffs. This is our third consecutive year, so it's possible a punishment is delayed until next season.

You could have him lose a draft position - which round would be up to your/the league's discretion.

Really depends on the relationship. Trying to flagrantly change the rules, to me, is an instant forfeit and ban. But generally speaking you have friendships to maintain so it rarely so cut and dry.

bigkrev

If you are playing for money, this is basically him trying to rob you and the members of the league. I couldn't fathom ever playing with this person again, and I would probably have a vote to kick him immediately.

Jarnet87

I have Andy Luck and Jameis. Gonna stick with Luck and not get cute, even though I like the matchup for Jameis.

Also Watkins vs. Kenny Britt. May role with Sammy again considering the amount of targets he receives last week, and Pittsburgh should put up points

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Been riding Derek Carr all year but this week I picked up Winston since he playing the Saints in TB and Carr didnt look that great last time they played KC. Hope this doesnt bite me in the ass.

Shizza

I've got a bit of a tough decision to make today for starting QB.

I have Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, and the waiver wire isn't an option. On any normal week I'd just put in Rodgers and not overthink it, but playoffs, etc.

So Rodgers has been nursing a hamstring, and he's going up against Seattle. However, he has been more or less very consistent this season for points, and his usual floor is at/above Smith's ceiling. Rodgers does have a variety of targets to throw to, and their running game isn't really anything to talk about.

Smith is going against the Raiders, and on Thursday night. It looks like Maclin is back, so that's another option. Smith is also favored (points-wise) by a small margin over Rodgers.

The crux is that my opponent is favored by ~15 points, so I'm worried that potentially playing Smith is a snap decision in an effort to chase points.

Any thoughts?

Maclin returning tonight or Adam thielen?

Maclin wasn't doing anything of note even before the injury, while Thielen was doing good in PPR leagues even with Diggs out. I'd say Thielen

I have Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, and the waiver wire isn't an option. On any normal week I'd just put in Rodgers and not overthink it, but playoffs, etc.

So Rodgers has been nursing a hamstring, and he's going up against Seattle. However, he has been more or less very consistent this season for points, and his usual floor is at/above Smith's ceiling. Rodgers does have a variety of targets to throw to, and their running game isn't really anything to talk about.

Smith is going against the Raiders, and on Thursday night. It looks like Maclin is back, so that's another option. Smith is also favored (points-wise) by a small margin over Rodgers.

The crux is that my opponent is favored by ~15 points, so I'm worried that potentially playing Smith is a snap decision in an effort to chase points.

Any thoughts?
Start Rodgers and stop overthinking it. He did decent against the Seahawks last year (250 yards and 2 TD's, good for like 16-18 points), and that was when they had a running game, Jordy was already gone, AND Seattle wasn't missing one of their best defensive players. Plus they're playing in Green Bay and Seattle isn't as fearsome on the road as at home. Start him, but don't expect him to put up 20+ points. That's still better than starting Alex freaking Smith, who put up only 225 yards and 0 TD's against Oakland THIS year (he didn't even make it to double digits)... Not to mention starting a player on a short week when you have a better option. Plus it's not like the Oakland DEF is Browns level bad (they're middle of the pack). If you're going to even think about benching Rodgers, it better be for someone in a cake matchup

Corran Horn

Any thoughts?
Rodgers rodgers rodgers

If you are really worried about him not playing then pickup a different QB that plays Sunday. Smith has been bad this year, I dont trust him at all even against a bad Raiders Defense

Shizza

Start Rodgers and stop overthinking it. He did decent against the Seahawks last year (250 yards and 2 TD's, good for like 16-18 points), and that was when they had a running game, Jordy was already gone, AND Seattle wasn't missing one of their best defensive players. Plus they're playing in Green Bay and Seattle isn't as fearsome on the road as at home. Start him, but don't expect him to put up 20+ points. That's still better than starting Alex freaking Smith, who put up only 225 yards and 0 TD's against Oakland THIS year (he didn't even make it to double digits)... Not to mention starting a player on a short week when you have a better option. Plus it's not like the Oakland DEF is Browns level bad (they're middle of the pack). If you're going to even think about benching Rodgers, it better be for someone in a cake matchup

Thanks! I appreciate the additional points you bring up. Rodgers it is.

Mark Ingram has been inconsistent and is dealing with a pair of injuries. Would y'all still put him in your lineups for the playoffs? I have him on the bench now and am starting Blount, Stewart, and Gore ahead of him. It's a 2 flex league and I have Kelvin Benjamin in the 2nd flex, and KB isn't getting much love this week, so I could put him there, too. I like Gore so he's a lock in one RB slot, and the rest of the lineup is set.

So, pick 3 players (one RB and 2 Flex) out of Blount, Stewart, Kelvin, and Ingram. Who ya got?

Tom Nook

STD league.

D. Martin vs NO
or
J Stew vs SD

Leaning on Martin but now I heard all these news that Quizz is getting more involved.

i'll have a fun time this weekend on chooing my flex

Cooks - Thomas has missed practice 2 days in a row but they're not playing at home
Watkins - I don't even know what to think at this point
Reed - claims he has full range of motion but still in pain

I already know the one I choose will be the wrong one too haha

i'll have a fun time this weekend on chooing my flex

Cooks - Thomas has missed practice 2 days in a row but they're not playing at home
Watkins - I don't even know what to think at this point
Reed - claims he has full range of motion but still in pain

I already know the one I choose will be the wrong one too haha

I'd choose the one not injured, but that's just me. And your starting WR's must be AB/Julio or something to have Cooks be your WR3

I'd choose the one not injured, but that's just me. And your starting WR's must be AB/Julio or something to have Cooks be your WR3

yeah that was my thought too but the cooks home/away splits are very, very real

I don't know-we'll see how things come Sunday morning when I have to lock in my lineup and then be sad about it all day haha

Almost made the mistake of putting Ware in my flex because I was overthinking. Almost screwed myself lol.

So Doug Martin v. NO or Devonte Adams v. SEA for my flex. Both have very good arguments for them. I'm leaning Martin for the possibility of touches.

Almost made the mistake of putting Ware in my flex because I was overthinking. Almost screwed myself lol.

So Doug Martin v. NO or Devonte Adams v. SEA for my flex. Both have very good arguments for them. I'm leaning Martin for the possibility of touches.

Wait, what's wrong with Ware??? And with the news about the TB coach not happy with the running game and looking to get Rodgers a lot more opportunity, I'd honestly avoid Martin if at all possible

UberTag

Been riding Derek Carr all year but this week I picked up Winston since he playing the Saints in TB and Carr didnt look that great last time they played KC. Hope this doesnt bite me in the ass.
Doubt it will. Be thankful you had an option like Winston to pluck off the wire so late. Most of us Carr owners weren't so lucky.

Wait, what's wrong with Ware??? And with the news about the TB coach not happy with the running game and looking to get Rodgers a lot more opportunity, I'd honestly avoid Martin if at all possible
His concern wasn't starting Ware. It was starting him at FLEX by mistake and limiting his options for substitutions elsewhere.
In other words, he'd be stuck replacing Martin with a running back instead of being able to swap in Adams.

Yeah what above poster said. I was about to screw myself out of a flex spot by locking in Ware.

That's what I was thinking about Martin too. Both guys have their negatives but if Martin runs well against NO then he'll get those 20 or so touches. But then again, it could turn into a shootout and then they'll phase him out.

Hmm, ok. I'm leaning Adams now. This would be so much easier if I didn't bench him when he was good and start him when he was bad lol

Doubt it will. Be thankful you had an option like Winston to pluck off the wire so late. Most of us Carr owners weren't so lucky.

His concern wasn't starting Ware. It was starting him at FLEX by mistake and limiting his options for substitutions elsewhere.
In other words, he'd be stuck replacing Martin with a running back instead of being able to swap in Adams.

Yeah what above poster said. I was about to screw myself out of a flex spot by locking in Ware.

That's what I was thinking about Martin too. Both guys have their negatives but if Martin runs well against NO then he'll get those 20 or so touches. But then again, it could turn into a shootout and then they'll phase him out.

Hmm, ok. I'm leaning Adams now. This would be so much easier if I didn't bench him when he was good and start him when he was bad lol

Ah ok, I get ya! And PPR league? If so, I'd definitely say Adams. Coin flip in standard, depending on if you think they'll actually use Martin and not bench him for Rodgers the first chance they get

Rusell
Murray
Fat Rob
Cooks
Cooper
Brate
Julio - FLEX

Bench: Ladarious Green, Gabriel, Matt Ryan, Derrick Henry, Dixon.

Okay so the key question is this: What the fuck do I do about Julio? Yeah, yeah, I know. Play your studs.

Thing is, he has burned me almost as much as he has saved me this year and this injury seems legit.

Do I keep him in the flex and ride it if he starts? If not, do I roll the dice with Green?

I have gabriel in case he is actually out. Even if that happens I lean toward Green.

Going against the Kelce owner.

Since the chiefs are up, as long as the don't just say "Ware, we don't need you!" and for some reason decide to not run at all, I should be ok.

I hope. Please, get a TD Ware :(

Corran Horn

Benched Carr and playing L. Murray. Yessssss

Richard will get more playtime but Raiders will still use Murray alot, even more in redzone.

Top Bottom