• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Dropping the chiefs D might hurt me but Murray is helping me start the week off well.

hqbskzS.png

[Im team Rkelley]

Solid games from Kelce and Janikowski make me feel alright. Shit games from Ware and Crabtree have me worried. Still projected to win, but it's gonna be a lot closer than I was hoping it would be.

I'm taking my chances with Gore. He lit up the Texan D the last game despite them losing. And Hill, I thought the weather would shut him down. I used him in another league were return yards are used so it wasn't all bad
Ah I see..

I'm playing Gore over Coleman in the Shirtless League..

I traded Hilton last week for Murray and Coleman because of how atrocious my RBs were sans Gore..

Hill should get carries since we can't stop the run to save our life.. god we need to go defensively heavy.. LB and Secondary please..

Michael Thomas missed another practice...

That leads to some interesting questions since I don't think he's going to go now at this rate..

I have A-Rob, Jordy, Sammy, Pryor, and Tyler Boyd..

I think I'm going to start Jordy, Sammy, and Boyd..

Think that's wise?

Michael Thomas missed another practice...

That leads to some interesting questions since I don't think he's going to go now at this rate..

I have A-Rob, Jordy, Sammy, Pryor, and Tyler Boyd..

I think I'm going to start Jordy, Sammy, and Boyd..

Think that's wise?

Yeah that's probably the safest with Sammy in your line up. Don't like the QB situation in Cle, RG3 doesn't even throw. And yeah ARob lol.

think im out of playoff contention since murray had a good game last night as i'm projected to lose by ~25 points

I hope greg olsen poops his pants again this week as he's done the last 3-4 weeks

Who do I start:

Cam Newton vs San Diego (projected 21 points) or Joe Flacco vs New England (projected 18 points).

My opponent has Ted Ginn Jr as a starter. PPR league.

Who do I start:

Cam Newton vs San Diego (projected 21 points) or Joe Flacco vs New England (projected 18 points).

My opponent has Ted Ginn Jr as a starter. PPR league.
Welcome to my exact dilemma in one of my leagues..

If the game were in Baltimore.. I might have picked Flacco as he has looked decent and the NE defense has looked so-so recently.

I'm going Cam.

Welcome to my exact dilemma in one of my leagues..

If the game were in Baltimore.. I might have picked Flacco as he has looked decent and the NE defense has looked so-so recently.

I'm going Cam.

Cam has just been a major disappointment this season. He's so hard to trust. Joe has been playing well, but faces a NE defense after they’ve held four of the last five quarterbacks they’ve faced to two or fewer touchdowns.

As of this moment I have Cam starting. But I really want to start Joe, despite his bad matchup.

Talamius

Speaking of Cam, here's my dilemma:

Cam vs SD
or
Mariota vs Denver

Mariota has been lights out.....but Denver. Cam has the better matchup, but he may be mentally checked out.

My lean is Cam but I cannot afford a dud in the playoffs. What do GAF?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Speaking of Cam, here's my dilemma:

Cam vs SD
or
Mariota vs Denver

Mariota has been lights out.....but Denver. Cam has the better matchup, but he may be mentally checked out.

My lean is Cam but I cannot afford a dud in the playoffs. What do GAF?

I would say cam. yes their team is in a freefall. but they ar eplaying at home after being embarressed. they have enough potential on the field to put up numbers. But looking at their last 6 games, cam on has one game with more than 1 thrown TD.

i have mariota in my league - im playing palmer over him. titans are going to be runnning a ton more than throwing apparently, plus its den. you dont want to chance it.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Think Kelvin B. is a good start this week? I'm sick of starting Olsen and Kelvin B. only for Cam to play horribly.

honestly - i dont know. Who are your te and wr options? i think id rather play olsen over benjamin. chargers are weaker vs. te and rb than reciever i think

NateDrake

honestly - i dont know. Who are your te and wr options? i think id rather play olsen over benjamin

Greg Olsen, Steve Smith Sr, Jimmy Graham, Taylor Gabriel, Golden Tate, Kelvin B., Jason Witten, and Rishard Matthews.

Cam has to throw to someone, and it will either be Olsen, Kelvin, or Ted Ginn. The problem is Cam has been off with throwing in recent games. I want to start both Kelvin and Olsen, but my faith in Cam is low.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Greg Olsen, Steve Smith Sr, Jimmy Graham, Taylor Gabriel, Golden Tate, Kelvin B., Jason Witten, and Rishard Matthews.

Cam has to throw to someone, and it will either be Olsen, Kelvin, or Ted Ginn. The problem is Cam has been off with throwing in recent games. I want to start both Kelvin and Olsen, but my faith in Cam is low.

I guess pick whoever is getting the most targets in the last few games then, don't know the stats off hand as by halftime im usually in tears watching my team lose

also it comes down to who you have more faith in as a replacement player for the one you wouldnt be playing.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
anyone worried about playing Reed if he is active?

he'd be going against a #2 team against TEs
one wrong fall on his shoulder and he could easily be done for the day
skins could use him more as a decoy for Vernon Davis this week

all that concerns me...

deadeye

GAF has helped me a lot this year. I'm in the playoffs. Help me set my lineup. 1 point PPR. I am thinking about playing Blount, not sure yet. What do you think?

Screen_Shot_2016_12_11_at_11_38_34_AM.png

deadeye

Julio possibly out, which throws a wrench in my hopes for this week. Plug in Gabriel since Sanu is out, or roll with Steve Smith tonight?

I would roll with Steve Smith. He would get more targets than those two, especially in a matchup where the Patriots can score a lot of points.

Of course JJ decides to show up again.. rides in my line-up three weeks and underperforms and decided to
Show up on my bench in the playoff.

Taylor.. make me a happy man pls

Top Bottom