• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Pepiope

They may restructure him and keep him as a back up. Never know when Johnson will cheat again.
Is he worth it? I don't think he'll accept being a backup nor be satisfied with a backup's pay.

He's good, but definitely not worth his salary at this point. Rather draft someone and build towards the future.

Is he worth it? I don't think he'll accept being a backup nor be satisfied with a backup's pay.

He's good, but definitely not worth his salary at this point. Rather draft someone and build towards the future.

Depends if he wants to retire or not. I suppose he could go to another team in desperate need, but is that what he wants at this point in his career? I think if he has the choice and sees the Eagles as contenders he'd rather be on the team and get a chance to cap out his career with another playoff appearance.

Pepiope

Depends if he wants to retire or not. I suppose he could go to another team in desperate need, but is that what he wants at this point in his career? I think if he has the choice and sees the Eagles as contenders he'd rather be on the team and get a chance to cap out his career with another playoff appearance.
The guy is an ass though. You don't remember last season when he refused to dress as a backup and made Kelly list him as inactive? He's talented, but not exactly the guy I'd want to keep around younger players.

Hindl

The guy is an ass though. You don't remember last season when he refused to dress as a backup and made Kelly list him as inactive? He's talented, but not exactly the guy I'd want to keep around younger players.

Fuck that, he didn't want to play for Chip. Half the team didn't, he lost the locker room. I'm not blaming Peters for this. This is what I remember Peters for:

15126371178_e347552b71_o.gif

Someone takes a cheap shot against his QB and he's going to fuck them up. That's who I want protecting the franchise

Well, two things. First, that was a rumor. Second, if it was true it's probably because he realized Chip Kelly's offensive speed was dumb and ruining the end of his career. That pace probably took a year off of Peters' career. I think if Doug asked it would be a completely different story. I think I also recall him being a good role model and coach like figure to other offensive lineman, and really taught a lot about technique. We know Doug is not against keeping players like that around.

I think Peters is owed $11m with $2m guaranteed next season. If they offer him a three year $15m restructure with $5-8m guaranteed, he's going to make more money rather than just get cut, and be on a team that looks like they'll have a shot at playoffs for the next few years. That wouldn't really put their cap in a bad position, it would still free up $6m in cap next year, and it might work out for both sides. The other choice is cutting him, which is probably worse for him.

agreed 100% Fuck Peters forever. Guy is such a piece of shit.

Crazy. Such a freak occurrence. We should remove the INT from his stats.

i'll be on tonight for sure, want to plan a horde day for next week?

:jnc
philly fans are weird

I don't care about the call, but people were saying it was really poor decision making on Wentz part and I don't necessarily think it was. He tried to Flacco it, and probably should have gotten the call, but that's what happens when you try to live by the Flacco ball.

Hindl

The only reason Wentz has an INT is because of a hold.

Yes he held his arm down, but it was very quickly, and Agholor didn't start tracking the ball until it was too late. They could've thrown a flag there, but it would've been pretty ticky tacky. That might be fair due to all the crazy penalties against the Eagles, but ultimately the ball was a bit underthrown and Slay made a terrific play. It was a good read, just didn't come through.

JABEE

Chip Kelly disappointed.

Peters is a future Hall of Famer.

The Eagles need to move on from the Detroit game.

They are 3-1 and Wentz is the QB.

Time to win some more.

Eagles-GAF is a strong group.

Top Bottom