• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If he has power and his cell phone and decent data it is not the worst.

I would not give a fuck except if it made me miss football.

Extreme weather is the worst.

Football is soon so hope he gets service back.

I wonder how far I would go to watch the Packers? Walk 10 miles through ice and snow to BWW?

Lord knows I'm willing to skip the debate tonight despite the ass whooping that Trump is going to get!

bionic77

Football is soon so hope he gets service back.

I wonder how far I would go to watch the Packers? Walk 10 miles through ice and snow to BWW?

Lord knows I'm willing to skip the debate tonight despite the ass whooping that Trump is going to get!
I have a digital antenna so I could always get some Philly and New York networks if all else failed.

Even better I could still stream the off network games on my phone via Sunday Ticket (I have unlimited on AT&T). It's a power drain though so you better have an outlet or power brick nearby.

With technology there is always a way. Hell I am old so I remember sitting in cars and listening to football and even baseball games (when I was really young I preferred baseball to football because football is hard to understand for a 6 year old while baseball is designed for 6 year olds). You can even get into a radio broadcast if you are invested and that is all you have.

RBH

MBHsRNd.png

hVvmUUR.png

wWhrk6V.png

1G7xT12.png

x1vn6BG.png

ixYS0B7.png

MechDX

What if the Browns won today?

Then they did it for my boy Kave and it was all because of my avatar. Obviously.

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew 4m4 minutes ago
Texans Inactives today:
CB Jackson
TE Anderson
RB Grimes
QB Weeden
DE Dunn
WR Mumphery
OL Aboushi

Saving him for next week vs the Colts. #ColtKiller

MechDX

Did you say thank to the power man

Luck is so nice, allowing defenses to stat pad off him and congratulating them on big hits. We truly don't deserve him. Damn Grigson for feeding Irsay's drug addiction to keep his job.

I did after Ike hit us. It was actually a crew out of North Carolina that came in to help the local power company. multiple days without power can make you really appreciative.

RBH

Beginning Wednesday, NFL teams can be fined for violating a newly introduced part of the league's social media policy.

According to two league memos obtained by ESPN, teams no longer can shoot video inside the stadium during the game and post it on social media, nor can they use Facebook Live, Periscope or any other app to stream anything live within the stadium.

Teams also can't take highlights of what happens on the field and make it their own by using their own video or posting highlights from television directly to social media. Teams also can't turn highlights into GIFs (graphic interchange formats).

In conversation with the teams, sources said that league executives want to make sure that content generated within the stadiums, including game highlights, are hosted by team websites so that the league maintains control of what is disseminated.

Violations of the policy will cost teams up to $25,000 upon the first instance, up to $50,000 the second time and up to $100,000 for each additional violation of the policy.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...social-media-policy-teams-fined-posting-video

JABEE

Does anyone actively accuse the Chicago Blackhawks of cheating to win their championships? What about the San Francisco Giants?

We don't hate the Pats because they win. We hate Brady and the Pats because their smug assholes who cheated to win for over a decade without much resistance from the league office. The Pats get to keep their unearned treasure.

bionic77

The NFL is really worried about their dropping ratings.

The NFL should maybe adapt but I don't think there is an ad market on the internet. They won't be able to get those sweet tv deals if everything is moved to streaming.
Uppity young black men does not play well with a lot of the NFLs core demographic.

NFL audiences like their black men to be overtly patriotic or silent.

cdyhybrid

We are all Browns.

Also, fuck being awake this early, but I drank a ton after the glorious football game last night so I ended up going to sleep pretty early.

RBH

Speculation about plummeting ratings for NFL games led the league to circulate an internal memo Thursday, saying the decline was a result of a variety of factors.

Through the fourth week of the season, ratings across all networks are down 11 percent.

"Prime-time windows have clearly been affected the most, while declines during the Sunday afternoon window are more modest," the NFL's top media executives, Brian Rolapp and Howard Katz, wrote to the league's media committee in a memo obtained by ESPN. "While our partners, like us, would have liked to see higher ratings, they remain confident in the NFL and unconcerned about a long-term issue."

Over the last 15 years, NFL viewership overall, the memo said, has increased 27 percent amidst a prime-time viewership fall of 36 percent.

One of the factors, the executives said, was the presidential election, something that they noted was not unprecedented.

"In 2000, during the campaign between George W. Bush and Al Gore, all four NFL broadcast partners suffered year-over-year declines -- Fox was down 4 percent, CBS was down 10 percent, ABC was down 7 percent and ESPN was down 11 percent," the memo said.

The executives also said that they saw "no evidence that concern over player protests during the national anthem is having any material impact on our ratings. In fact, our own data shows that perception of the NFL and its players is actually up in 2016."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17738537/nfl-memo-cites-multiple-reasons-tv-ratings-drop-2016

CuLZji6XEAAZ0th.jpg

CuLZji3WIAgTdEb.jpg

this_guy

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/greg-c...might-need-to-make-a-qb-change-173905536.html

good review/article on our offense from this week and that it is gabbert, not chips offense, that is the issue.

i dont know if kapernicus is the long term answer (he's probably not!) but i do know that i can't take anymore of gabbert. i don't give a shit if kap fails too but we have to try something else. kap, ponder, anyone but gabbo!

No need to read the article because Jim Kelley told me it's not Gabbert's fault. He's got all the tools.

MechDX

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 2m2 minutes ago
Only game that looks to be potentially impacted by weather of early games is #WASvsBAL due to wind (projected 16-22 mph all game).

How is Flacco PI ball going to work in that wind?

Top Bottom