• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

I haven't been feeling tyrod so far this season. Seems indecisive, misses more throws than you'd be okay with.

Exciting player, needs consistency.
He just hasn't looked very comfortable in the pocket at all. Last week was probably his most consistent effort this year.

Two number one seeds in the last 6 years and only one NFCCG appearance.

They have a lot to prove in the postseason for anyone to take them seriously.

If Coleman, Freeman and Julio stay healthy and our pass rush gets a booste of confidence, it's possible.

Two number one seeds in the last 6 years and only one NFCCG appearance.

They have a lot to prove in the postseason for anyone to take them seriously.

I would agree but those 2 number one seeds were very different teams from the one we have now from coaching and philosophy on down to very different rosters. This one is largely unproven but I wouldn't compare to those past two teams either.

This defense is two or three seasons away from really competing in the post season. It's the truth.

I'm excited about Jarrett, Jones, Campbell, Tru, Allen, Poole, and Neal. I'm just happy this team plays with energy and urgency after used car salesman Mike Smith.

I would agree about the defense, it still is a work in progress but I love what I'm seeing from a lot of the younger guys.

Talon

This defense is two or three seasons away from really competing in the post season. It's the truth.

I'm excited about Jarrett, Jones, Campbell, Tru, Allen, Poole, and Neal. I'm just happy this team plays with energy and urgency after used car salesman Mike Smith.

LJ11

They need to just ban kickoffs, I'm tired of seeing stupid decisions by marginal players cost teams field position.

Who kicked our ass in our own house

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's still early in the season, but it really wouldn't be that shocking if this Bengals era is done, right? They knocked on the door for years but never got through, and topped it off with that playoff game meltdown. Not a tough loss, or a collapse, but a straight up no holds barred, 'we aren't interested in winning this playoff game anymore'.

If they have to blow it all up after that, is that a surprise?

Dalton is one of the better quarterbacks in the league and AJ Green is a monster.

If I were a Bengals fan I'd be calling for the coach's head on a platter.

5 (FIVE!) straight one and dones in the playoffs is criminal.

Marvin needs to be moved up as GM.. it's his best trait on finding and identifying talent.

I'm fine with that. Give him his "promotion".

Zampese is not a good offensive coordinator at all, but considering Mike Brown's penchant for keeping bad coordinators for way too long (see: Bratkowski) we're probably stuck with him for a while.

Dalton is one of the better quarterbacks in the league and AJ Green is a monster.

If I were a Bengals fan I'd be calling for the coach's head on a platter.

5 (FIVE!) straight one and dones in the playoffs is criminal.
Is he?

FWIW, I think there is a good chance that when they fire Lewis, the Bengals go right back into the gutter.

(but they probably still have to fire him anyway...)

This is the typical Falcons hot start before they come crashing back to earth.

I have to disagree, our start last year was extremely lucky in a lot of close games but we are dominating a lot of teams now. It's a much more balanced, deep offense and a young defense that plays with a ton of energy.

I'm fine with that. Give him his "promotion".

Zampese is not a good offensive coordinator at all, but considering Mike Brown's penchant for keeping bad coordinators for way too long (see: Bratkowski) we're probably stuck with him for a while.
The kicker is.. if you fire him.. you think Mike is gonna sit back and let someone else pick the coach? Nah..

You want Mike having a say again with the team? That's the risk with firing him as Mike will get involved again rather than let the family make the day to day decisions.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Is he?

FWIW, I think there is a good chance that when they fire Lewis, the Bengals go right back into the gutter.

(but they probably still have to fire him anyway...)

Yeah I think an argument could be made that he's one of the "better" quarterbacks. Not elite or anything like that but you can line his stats up against somebody like Flacco pretty easily. The only thing Flacco has going for him over Dalton is how he went all out that year they won the Super Bowl.

There's always a chance they can go into the gutter but what they're doing now isn't working.

Top Bottom