• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Look on the bright side, Yankee. If the Raiders move there, your kids will still learn how to throw batteries on the field!

I cant even imagine what terrors will be unleashed by combining Raiders fans criminal tendencies and the average Las Vegans natural criminal tendencies. I fully expect people to be killed at Raiders games in Vegas.

MechDX

Ben Allbright pointing this out via twitter:

Sporting NewsVerified account
‏@sportingnews
Poll: A third of NFL TV viewers are boycotting games because of national anthem protests. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...test-reaction-effect/95jdoch1ngj103xvbkllcbvk …

A third?

Michael Mulvihill ‏@mulvihill79 1h1 hour ago
NFL viewership trend through Week 4:

Regionalized Windows
CBS: -3%
FOX: -3%

National Windows
TNF: -15%
SNF: -13%
MNF: -19%

Someone is not being honest in those polls

I finally heard back from the head of recruiting today for the philadelphia school district. My appeal was denied so it looks like I am trapped in this miserable hellhole for the rest of my life, and my kids are going to grow up las vegans or whatever the fuck these horrible people call themselves. FML

Chin up mate, you can always give me a shout any time you need more top quality parenting advice.

Bread

Banned
I finally heard back from the head of recruiting today for the philadelphia school district. My appeal was denied so it looks like I am trapped in this miserable hellhole for the rest of my life, and my kids are going to grow up las vegans or whatever the fuck these horrible people call themselves. FML
you should try applying to san diego schools

the dieg is the best!

Kinda strange being around a bunch of optimistic Vikings fans around here recently. It's refreshing but incredibly off-putting at the same time.

Chin up mate, you can always give me a shout any time you need more top quality parenting advice.

lol thanks for the offer. The wife was not to receptive to your starve your kids plan.

you should try applying to san diego schools

the dieg is the best!

I am trying to get away from the west coast, not closer to it. Plus the dieg is one of the hardest places to find teaching jobs. It is almost like a suburban district rather then a big city district.

lol thanks for the offer. The wife was not to receptive to your starve your kids plan.

I am trying to get away from the west coast, not closer to it. Plus the dieg is one of the hardest places to find teaching jobs. It is almost like a suburban district rather then a big city district.

Come to Viking Land, not only are there teaching jobs a plenty you also get to be right in the heart of the land God loves most.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Sorry to hear that man.

Have you looked at other nearby cities like Allentown or something?

Or are you stuck in a city that you hate with a burning passion?

Ben Allbright pointing this out via twitter:

A third?

Someone is not being honest in those polls

First, some caveats. Rasmussen has long been viewed as a Republican-leaning research outfit.

There we go.

You should come be my nanny for my kids.

Boban Poppins

I'm not sure that my methods would go over well in Texas.

Did you ask her why she hates your great-grandchildren?

BigAT

Are you a geography teacher? You are aware there are other places that exist between those two cities, correct?

Come to Viking Land, not only are there teaching jobs a plenty you also get to be right in the heart of the land God loves most.
I have actually looked in to Minny. I had a friend in college from there and he would always talk about how beautiful it was. My goal is to get back as close to philly as possible so that my kids grow up knowing their aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews. I also desperately want them to live somewhere that gets snow, I loved snow so much when I was a kid and I really want that for them.

Sorry to hear that man.

Have you looked at other nearby cities like Allentown or something?

Or are you stuck in a city that you hate with a burning passion?

Yeah I check the surrounding areas for openings alot. I hadnt considered going outside the city before but with this new news I will have to I guess. Thanks for the suggestion. I am seriously considering trying to find a new career even though I love teaching so much. I wish a master's in Physics was useful for something.

Are you a geography teacher? You are aware there are other places that exist between those two cities, correct?

I am very aware. Thank you!

I should move to Maine to be closer to Tom and also Uncle Dutch would come visit his god kids more

Yes friend.

Uncle Jon can also join us in the beautiful land of Maine. I'll only be there part time though, since me and bae are gonna rule LA. Jon will be the president of the Maine office.

Then I'm going to have to turn down the job offer.

Not sure if you're throwing shade at me or Maine 🤔

I just don't believe it's protests about the protests. I feel cord cutting is getting more popular and finding alternative viewing means can be a pain in the ass

I heard on sports radio yesterday that the CEO of Sling Media announced that their viewership for their NFL packages was drastically up. Things like that are what the ratings don't capture, and probably why the NFL themselves hasn't said shit about it. I doubt real eyeballs on their product are down at all.

Did they give a reason your appeal was denied? Have you looked into applying at a charter here, or even a school in the suburbs? You could still live in NE Philly and easily work at a suburban district.

Edit: Frankly I know the school district is in dire need of teacher applicants, so it blows my mind they won't let you apply. You should write the inquirer or contact Councilwoman Helen Gym who is probably the best champion for the schools on city council.

I am going to call like it is Giants fans..

Josh Norman broke Odell..he hasn't been the same since, other opposing players get into his head easily, every team knows how to mentally take him out, it's like a child falling for the same quarter behind the ears trick..

Striker

I am going to call like it is Giants fans..

Josh Norman broke Odell..he hasn't been the same since, other opposing players get into his head easily, every team knows how to mentally take him out, it's like a child falling for the same quarter behind the ears trick..
Wrong: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000447694/Week-16-Giants-vs-Rams-highlights

I'm saying that's the earliest I can remember a defense mouthing of all week and trying to get in his head. If there's slamming at the whistle, baseball bats in pregame, referees being incompetent at their job, then yeah it's the Panthers/Giants game.

Pepiope

FINALLY UNBANNED THE STEELERS GOT STOMPED BY THE EAGLES

This would have been a better post a week and a half ago.
It's still a beautiful post.

I think it should be posted each week to let the rest of GAF remember when the legend of Wentz was born.

Hindl

Will people care about this time next year?

Tough to say. VR was always going to take a few years to get going, and it might always just be a high-end niche product. PSVR should be mildly successful, because even if the technology isn't as good, Sony seems to be throwing some weight behind it and making deals. But, they have a tendency of cutting off peripherals with no real mention if they aren't doing well. VR is still cool, the software just isn't there yet. Problem with PSVR is just that the PS4 isn't strong enough. We'll see though.

What if Wentz turns out to not be that good or gets RG3'd?

It would be a bummer. I'm worried about it

Also in the press conference today, Doug said there's a chance Vaitai starts at RT if Lane gets suspended, confirming the rumor. If he's looking alright, I'd rather throw him in there. Having 4/5ths of the line stay the same would be great.

Have you tried teaching the special education field Yankee? Or being a dispatcher?
I have friends learning to teach special education because teachers are needed.

What if Wentz turns out to not be that good or gets RG3'd?

I don't think he would go RG3 if he got a serious injury because his game is more balanced. He is very athletic but more in the way that Big Ben was when he was young.

When RG3 got hurt it sapped the key part of his game, which was his threat to burn you on the ground.

ACE 1991

It's still a beautiful post.

I think it should be posted each week to let the rest of GAF remember when the legend of Wentz was born.

I was at that game, regardless of what happens this season I'm not going to forget it. The energy at the Linc was incredible, especially after the beautiful Wentz to Sproles TD.

Man, this bye week has been the longest.

Top Bottom