• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

TNA needs to meet Canada in the final. Everybody wins that way.
They'd have to beat Russia or Sweden (I can sure imagine them beating the Russians) but if they won group B they'd probably play EU or the Czechs which should be doable. As likely to play Canada in the semis though.

And he's an idiot. There isn't enough firepower on the Finns to provide any danger. Though I will say that this could change very quickly in a few years since there are a lot of good young Finn players.

Yeah. We are in rebuild mode as for some reason our junior programs sucked for about decade. I mean look at our defense. If you ignore Lepistö who plays in KHL it is younger than Team NA defense. We pretty much went from people born in 70s (Salo, Timonen, Lydman, Numminen etc) to people born in 90s missing people born in 80s completely.

zroid

Banned
Rinne press scrum

Csr5PU6W8AEmmJs.jpg

Finns don't seem all too pleased

PillarEN

Green Day out for World Cup of Hockey, time to phone up Platinum Blonde.

If I want to hear "Not In Love" why not just call up Crystal Castles? I'm sure they are the ones who made Green Day ill anyways. Not used to the strength of Toronto drugs or something.

Here is a question. So we expect Canada to to go 3-0. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the other teams in the group go 1-2. Assuming they have the same point totals who gets 2nd place in the group?

zroid

Banned
If I want to hear "Not In Love" why not just call up Crystal Castles? I'm sure they are the ones who made Green Day ill anyways. Not used to the strength of Toronto drugs or something.

Here is a question. So we expect Canada to to go 3-0. But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the other teams in the group go 1-2. Assuming they have the same point totals who gets 2nd place in the group?

I think the first tiebreaker is non-shootout wins, and the second tiebreaker is goal differential

yyzjohn

Banned

Would probably come down to some combination of head to head records and goal differential. I'm sure someone must have the rules out there.

calder

Oh god Torts is just dishing out gold to reporters today. Pacioretty on the 4th line, Abdelkader on the 2nd?

Mark Lazerus
@MarkLazerus
Tortorella on the thinking behind putting Abdelkader with Patrick Kane (for now): "There isn't any thinking."

Truer words never spoken.

CsvCwVCVMAAMCBc.jpg

You have to admire his dedication to the bit. Good to see Buff has managed to work his way onto the 3rd D pair at least.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh god Torts is just dishing out gold to reporters today. Pacioretty on the 4th line, Abdelkader on the 2nd?

CsvCwVCVMAAMCBc.jpg

You have to admire his dedication to the bit. Good to see Buff has managed to work his way onto the 3rd D pair at least.

@MarkLazerus
Tortorella on the thinking behind putting Abdelkader with Patrick Kane (for now): "There isn't any thinking."

LOL

fantastic

zroid

Banned
@MarkLazerus

LOL

fantastic

Remarkable...

I almost feel like the NHL should have intervened to prevent USA Hockey from letting themselves self-destruct like this. With ESPN covering this tourney in the US it was a good opportunity to pick up some new eyeballs. But with USA seemingly destined to flame out...

zroid

Banned
Europe vs Czech about to start for those who care

Kind of want the Czechs to win so every team in the group can stay in it, but it'd be fun as heck if Europe advances to the semis.

Foggy

Is Torts even trying?

Foggy I feel for you.

It ain't his fault USA sucks so much. At least Abdelkader is a fun name to say.

"Jeremy Crowe – ‏@307x
#CBJ players in Team NA game:
Jones: 18:07 TOI, +28/-8 Corsi (77.8%)
Murray: 18:40 TOI, +26/-8 (76.5%)
Saad: 12:12 TOI, +16/-7 (69.6%)

Yay!"

Those are big and fancy. They must be pretty good.

zroid

Banned
North America and Russia playing later today? Didn't they just play yesterday?

Yeah. I have a feeling they delayed the Canada vs USA game because they didn't want to compete with MNF or something like that.

edit: that's an ESPN thing so naturally they wouldn't want to put them h2h

Why would anybody be salty about there being empty seats at this bullshit tournament?

I don't really understand his rationale. He's saying it's embarrassing, but for who? The NHL? Torontonians who didn't buy tickets? Europeans? It's a damn Monday afternoon and these teams aren't considered contenders in this tournament so no shit there's empty seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom