• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 World Cup of Hockey |OT| World Cashgrab of Who Cares - Sponsored by SAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

THE FIX IS IN! SWEDISH MONEY HAS CORRUPTED THE NHL AND THIS IS THE RESULT.

Edit: wow does this stream nice on phones. Can't believe the resolution and 60fps (?) on mobile.

zroid

Banned
Qualification scenarios for NA, as I understand it:

- If NA wins in OT, they advance if Russia fails to win in regulation
- if NA lose in OT, they advance if Russia loses in regulation

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Bahaha, what a fucking ride. From almost having lost all hope of advancing two hours ago, to now having won the group and being ready for the semis. Amazing. Thanks for the dance, team NA.

Now let's see who gets that last point.

Yawnier

Banned
Qualification scenarios for NA, as I understand it:

- If NA wins in OT, they advance if Russia fails to win in regulation
- if NA lose in OT, they advance if Russia loses in regulation

I have little faith that Finland will beat Russia, they only have their pride to play for at this point.

NA need to win this....

What the fuck is this nonsesne over a Kessel tweet? Did he delete it because all I see is a tweet about how he should be doing something important. I don't see any criticism of the team.

calder

3 on 3 is the fucking best. Remember when there was some opposition to it? That dried up quick.

It is gimmicky, and seeing it be so exciting in times like this in no way means it won't be tired and stale in the NHL in a couple of seasons. Towards the end of last season you could see teams adjusting to it and making it less fun, especially when everyone realized how crucial it was to maintain possession so dmen would skate back from the attacking zone all the way to their end just to reset rather than take a shot on net. That's a bad sign.

People acted like the shootout was the best thing ever for a while too.

iLLmAtlc

Stinks usa is out but Russia vs Canada final would be just as compelling.

NA would be pretty epic too because of how good that team is

calder

What the fuck is this nonsesne over a Kessel tweet? Did he delete it because all I see is a tweet about how he should be doing something important. I don't see any criticism of the team.

The US players, especially whiny bitch Backes, acted like he did something outrageous. Mainly I think they were upset and knew they can't exactly threaten Mike Modano so they made it about the least offensive tweet of them all.

So if Russia wins tomorrow, NA is out?

Yeah.... and thinking about how Finland has played so far this tournament (mediocre to terrible) it sure doesn't look good for NA.

zroid

Banned
If TMac had been serious about advancing he probably should have pulled the goalie. Maybe the coaches didn't quite understand the stakes.

gonna be hard to pin everything on Finland but here's hoping

Reckheim

One thing to remember is that Finland is playing for nothing at this point, there are a ton of players on that team that depend on their health to sustain a job in the NHL or other leagues.

Don't expect them to exactly come in trying to stomp the Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom