• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Baseball Classic |OT| America prevails

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
Feels like Felix has 0 swing and miss stuff now. It really breaks the heart. People layoff the changeup like its nothing.

He should accept it and turn into a heavy groundball pitcher.

ReMaKe

Feels like Felix has 0 swing and miss stuff now. It really breaks the heart. People layoff the changeup like its nothing.

He should accept it and turn into a heavy groundball pitcher.

Nah, it's just early, he'll be good when the season starts.
Hopefully he gets a quick 1-2-3 here.

ReMaKe

I do not like this game being this close. Venezuela can you at least score 1-2 more. Don't trust this bullpen at all.

clav

I do not like this game being this close. Venezuela can you at least score 1-2 more. Don't trust this bullpen at all.

Smyly is a decent pitcher.

8 strike-outs
0 walks

Now Sam Dyson closed for the Rangers last season. Used to seeing him in setup. Weird to see him in relief. He was the best 1 inning pitcher in the Rangers bullpen last season.

NYCrooner

Not looking good for 'Merica. Too bad American players don't feel more pride and urgency to play for the USA, at least it would appear that way with no Kershaw, Bumgarner, Trout, Harper, etc.

You look at the Latin teams and it obvious they wouldn't miss the WBC for the world.

clav

Not looking good for 'Merica. Too bad American players don't feel more pride and urgency to play for the USA, at least it would appear that way with no Kershaw, Bumgarner, Trout, Harper, etc.

You look at the Latin teams and it obvious they wouldn't miss the WBC for the world.

Gary Sanchez is not playing.

Malo

Banned
Gary Sanchez is not playing.
He's going into his first full season in the majors and is trying to learn the pitching staff. If had a full season or two, he would have played. No doubt in my mind that he plays in the next one if he's healthy and productive.

clav

Kinsler still not missing a beat despite age.

Seriously wonder if he's on something.

edit: Grounds out.

He's going into his first full season in the majors and is trying to learn the pitching staff. If had a full season or two, he would have played. No doubt in my mind that he plays in the next one if he's healthy and productive.

Maybe. We'll see.

Bregman <3

Really should have put him up in the lineup.

Choomp

Banned

It's time to stop making that excuse, as an American. It sucks but the team we have isn't bad in any regard and we should get behind them at this point

NYCrooner

It's time to stop making that excuse, as an American. It sucks but the team we have isn't bad in any regard and we should get behind them at this point
It's not a bad team by any stretch of the imagination but it's easily not the best team we could have fielded. Considering this sport is the "American Past Time", we should have a better showing at the WBC. Japan and DR are fielding the best teams possible and it's paid off.

ReMaKe

I wanted y'all to win, but oh well. Not looking good for Venezuela, and tomorrow you play a team that's even more stacked.

Malo

Banned
It's not a bad team by any stretch of the imagination but it's easily not the best team we could have fielded. Considering this sport is the "American Past Time", we should have a better showing at the WBC. Japan and DR are fielding the best teams possible and it's paid off.
Both those teams are a lot closer to their best teams possible than team USA, but it's still not their "A teams".

For example, Japan is missing Darvish, Tanaka, Maeda, and Otani (due to injury).

NYCrooner

Both those teams are a lot closer to their best teams possible than team USA, but it's still not their "A teams".

For example, Japan is missing Darvish, Tanaka, Maeda, and Otani (due to injury).
That gets a little tricky. Those Japanese arms are either barred from playing, injured, recovering from injuries or have delicate arms. I understand them not playing. The American players don't really have any excuse that I'm aware of. Regardless, the American team should be able to beat on of these teams, I just feel like they could potentially be a dominant force if the best healthy USA players signed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom