• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Baseball Classic |OT| America prevails

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxidax

Good game boricuas.
Whoever that umpire is, FUCK YOU!

3og0ILJpHi6KNcpL3O.gif

NYCrooner

The PR/DR rivalry is unmatched! Proud of my boricua countrymen and much respect to our platano brothers from another island. lol. What a game!

Magni

11-0 now, still in the 4th with men on 2nd and 3rd. This game isn't lasting 9 innings.

Edit: wild pitch, 12-0. Last night's game killed Cuba, damn.

ReMaKe

Congrats Pr, if there's any team I feel should beat the champions it's Pr. For the Dominicans they need to beat Venezuela which they should, and beat win against USA. I wanted Pr, Dr, Cuba, and japan to advance. Don't see that happening now that cuba is practically out.

NYCrooner

If Cuban defectors could play for Cuba, would be a VERY different WBC.

Actually got me to thinking if Puerto Rico ever became a state, would it still compete in WBC? Would suck to see the PR/DR rivalry end.

Magni

Edit: it'd become the US-DR rivalry ;)

Congrats Pr, if there's any team I feel should beat the champions it's Pr. For the Dominicans they need to beat Venezuela which they should, and beat win against USA. I wanted Pr, Dr, Cuba, and japan to advance. Don't see that happening now that cuba is practically out.

Yeah Cuba is gone. I wanted Japan and the Netherlands from this group in the final 4, looks like I'll be getting my wish. In the San Diego pool, despite being a US citizen, I'm a Mariners fan... so I don't know who I want. I'd like to see Japan play against both PR (rematch of 2013) and the DR though, so I'll go for those two. Sorry Felix.

clemenx

Banned
I hope Venezuela show up tomorrow and obliterates USA :( we belong with PR and DR.

This Cuba collapse is crazy. Time to end communism to use those MLB players.

PR_rambo

Banned
Cuba should absolutely allow their defectors to play. They'd be my favorites to win if that ever happened. Seeing them get embarrassed like this is sad.

Magni

Cuba should absolutely allow their defectors to play. They'd be my favorites to win if that ever happened. Seeing them get embarrassed like this is sad.

Maybe if they get mercy ruled 15-0 after 5 innings, that'll prompt some change for 2021.

The PR/DR rivalry is unmatched! Proud of my boricua countrymen and much respect to our platano brothers from another island. lol. What a game!
Well said. I don't see them as adversaries, but as Brothers.

I hope Venezuela show up tomorrow and obliterates USA :( we belong with PR and DR.

This Cuba collapse is crazy. Time to end communism to use those MLB players.

Yeah Cubans deserve a better team. They would be more than capable with the defectors.

NHale

I don't understand why everyone is saying Japan needs to win to guarantee a semifinal spot without a tiebreaker game tomorrow. Don't they just need to allow less than 4 runs vs Israel to go through as 1st place spot, regardless if they lose or win?

Also Netherlands aren't stuck into a tiebreaker if Israel wins like everyone is saying if I read the rules correctly. Because let's say Israel beats Japan 10-7, then the tiebreaker of runs allowed between teams tied would be:

Netherlands - 10 runs allowed
Japan - 16 runs allowed
Israel - 19 runs allowed

Netherlands would go through as 1st place and not have to play tomorrow.

clemenx

Banned
Lmao Israel. Japan looks good.

I wish 2nd round pools weren't so unbalanced. Japan and Netherlands are worthy seminfinalists but the other one is too stacked.

NYCrooner

About time DR lose, they need to come down from that cloud and see they're not invincible and I say this as a dominican.
I've been saying this. The "passion" was coming off as cocky. Hopefully this will bring them down to earth a little. They should continue to have fun but also realize that some teams will not go down easy. DR is still the best team in the WBC and I still have DR or Japan winning it all but I'm pulling like fuck for PR/USA.

All from MLB PR Twitter account.
Pool C, held at Marlins Park, drew a total attendance of 163,878, which was the highest 1st round total for a U.S. pool in WBC history.

Pool B of the WBC, held at the Tokyo Dome, registered the largest attendance of any pool in the history of the tournament with 206,534.

The 2017 WBC reached record attendance for games played through the 1st round w/621,851 fans (+34% increase over 2013's mark of 463,017).

ReMaKe

So Japan and Netherlands advanced! Wow!
How do most of you see pool f playing out?

I'm gonna go with the underdog and predict, Venezuela wins today. Felix hasn't pitched well, but he's still the king.
I believe D.R wins tomorrow against Venezuela.
United States Beats Puerto Rico On Friday.
Pr beats Venezuela ion saturday.
Saturday is a hard one. Idk who's pitching, if it's Volquez, them depending on team USA it's a toss up. Which at that point I'll just go with the better lineup in Dr.

That would mean, Pr, Dr advance, I think that would mean Dr would have to face Japan to advance, and Pr the Netherlands.

NYCrooner

So Japan and Netherlands advanced! Wow!
How do most of you see pool f playing out?

That would mean, Pr, Dr advance, I think that would mean Dr would have to face Japan to advance, and Pr the Netherlands.
I agree with you. It's a crazy tough pool but I think the Platanos and the Coquis will find a way to advance and eventually will probably see each other in the final again. This rivalry is about to get even better.

clemenx

Banned
Pool F is really unpredictable. I don't think any of the teams should be called underdog.

PR looks the best. You'd have to figure out DR bats will wake up. They're my top 2 indeed but US or Venezuela advancing wouldn't be a surprise either.

ReMaKe

I agree with you. It's a crazy tough pool but I think the Platanos and the Coquis will find a way to advance and eventually will probably see each other in the final again. This rivalry is about to get even better.

Lmao at "platanos and coquis". Bro, a repeat finals of last year would be to much to handle for both these islands, if that happens, the only thing that would suck would be the fact that it's in the west coast. Is there a reason we keep playing the finals in the west coast? These games in Miami, would be crazy! What a missed opportunity for the MLB.

@clemenx I wouldn't mind seeing Venezuela advance. I just don't wanna see USA advance lol. I like seeing these Spanish teams play, so much passion, and seeing them yell makes the game more exciting. Watching that play from Javier Baez celebrating before even catching the ball was awesome, even though some have criticized it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom