• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Baseball Classic |OT| America prevails

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCrooner

Japan still the team that scares me most. They don't have to split their league up the way MLB does so that guys can go play for their native country. Granted they are missing some Japanese MLB stars but they are cohesive as fuck.

Jhoan

Shaking my head but let this be a lesson for the DR. Hopefully falling from grace means that a phoenix can rise from the ashes in the next WBC. Adam Jones is an incredible player so hats off to him.

Hopefully the dom team can learn some humility from this defeat and comeback next WBC a bit less cocky. It always felt like they'd always fall behind in matches before 'that inning' that just propelles them forward

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Shaking my head but let this be a lesson for the DR. Hopefully falling from grace means that a phoenix can rise from the ashes in the next WBC. Adam Jones is an incredible player so hats off to him.
they lost to two stacked teams. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Hopefully the dom team can learn some humility from this defeat and comeback next WBC a bit less cocky. It always felt like they'd always fall behind in matches before 'that inning' that just propelles them forward
Lol no. They are respectful, just different cultures.

Seriously where does this cockiness crap came from? Because we cheer too loud? Not one interview of any of the Dominican players was anything that could be interpreted as cocky. Not one. Not once did they insult the opposition by saying " we' re so much better than them" NOT. A. SINGLE. ONE.

Action speaks louder than words, but believe what you want to believe.

Puerto Rico shares a very similar culture to DR and still have the carribean flair while at the same time being more down to earth. High probabilites for them to win this tournament.

ReMaKe

They will not crush PR, no way.

DR was clearly not their biggest challenge seeing as they just lost. USA and Japan are just as good, with better pitching. And the Netherlands offense could go off too so...yeah.

Nah, Pr wanted no piece of Dr in the finals.They ain't want a repeat of 2013. All my Pr boys hella hyped blowing up my phone thanking the gods they have an easy ride now. I however, believe they're really underestimating the Netherlands.

Seriously where does this cockiness crap came from? Because we cheer too loud? Not one interview of any of the Dominican players was anything that could be interpreted as cocky. Not one. Not once did they insult the opposition by saying " we' re so much better than them" NOT. A. SINGLE. ONE.

They don't know about that culture bro, you wasting your time explaining it. They need visit the islands to experience it. Also, if they would look at some interviews of the Dr players they'd see. Just look at that Jose Reyes and cano speech before the game against Venezuela. True sportsmanship.

@Malo. Idc where you was born. If we go by food, you eat mangu? Mofongo? Arroz con habichuela? Pr eats a lot of that too, by your logic you should be rooting for Pr.

Me personally am gonna root for the underdog. I like the Cinderella story of the Netherlands defeating an undefeated team in Pr, and then advancing to the finals and defeating an undefeated team in Japan! Let's go Netherlands! Xander Bogaerts make my red sox proud!

Malo

Banned
Nah, Pr wanted no piece of Dr in the finals.They ain't want a repeat of 2013. All my Pr boys hella hyped blowing up my phone thanking the gods they have an easy ride now. I however, believe they're really underestimating the Netherlands.

They don't know about that culture bro, you wasting your time explaining it. They need visit the islands to experience it. Also, if they would look at some interviews of the Dr players they'd see. Just look at that Jose Reyes and cano speech before the game against Venezuela. True sportsmanship.

@Malo. Idc where you was born. If we go by food, you eat mangu? Mofongo? Arroz con habichuela? Pr eats a lot of that too, by your logic you should be rooting for Pr.

Me personally am gonna root for the underdog. I like the Cinderella story of the Netherlands defeating an undefeated team in Pr, and then advancing to the finals and defeating an undefeated team in Japan! Let's go Netherlands! Xander Bogaerts make my red sox proud!
Go 'MURICA

joking before

Windu

#Rays’ Archer not returning to WBC, as @TBTimes_Rays said. Roark has been told he will start Tue. Stroman lined up for Wed, if necessary.
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/843455632455880704
UPDATE, 9:55: Archer said he was "thrilled" the US won, but woke up to a text message from Team USA GM Joe Torre telling him not to take his flight, that he wouldn't be needed.

"I don't know what happened other than maybe they think there's a better option. I don't disagree, I think everybody there is capable of doing something special,'' he said in the Rays clubhouse. "But I was definitely looking forward to pitching.''

Team USA plans to start Nats RHP Tanner Roark on Tuesday, and has #BlueJays RHP Marcus Stroman lined up if it gets to the final on Wednesday,

UPDATE, 9:26: Odorizzi said he won't be joining Team USA to pitch in the semifinal or final.

DEVELOPING: Rays top starter Chris Archer won't be re-joining Team USA for the final round of the WBC, as he was told after Saturday's 6-3 win he would not be needed to pitch.

The original plan was for Archer to fly out of Fort Myers this morning for Los Angeles, where he would rejoin the team and be lined up to pitch in the championship game on Wednesday.

But Team USA officials could be looking to manipulate their roster for Tuesday's semifinal game.

Archer posted on his Twitter account:

"I received a message this morning that I am no longer needed to pitch in the final round of the WBC. I will not be leaving camp as I thought"

"I had an amazing time representing our country wish I could take the ball one more time but it's out of my control. We're in good hands tho!"

With the Dominican Republic losing, the Rays will in the next few days get back closer RHP Alex Colome and get their first look at RHP Jumbo Diaz, who they claimed on waivers from the Reds March 9.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/changeup-from-team-usa-archer-told-services-not-needed/2317107

lame

Windu

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/31426364/v1242497883/mlb-tonight-images-of-the-world-baseball-classic
C7QZiBIUwAAAXRz.jpg:large

Great shot.
OP updated.

oxidax

Went to bed on the 5th and woke up with the sad news. I guess I'll b rooting for my puertorican brothers, then. To be honest and this is just my personal opinion, I think Japan is the real threat here. Eso chino tan dao' al diablo.

LMFAOOO!!! What the hell are you talking about? You obviously don't know shit about our culture. I understand that is just your opinion, but you can't just form an opinion based on facts unknown to you. With all due respect, read about our culture before talking about it. Adios.

Windu

Didi Gregorius has a right shoulder injury and is flying back to Tampa. He had a preliminary MRI yesterday, more tests tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/843844563005530112

Looking more and more likely Puerto Rico will be in the final.

Also considering that the Netherlands last played in the WBC on the 14th. I have my doubts that this injury occurred then. Most likely during a spring training tune up game. People will blame it on the WBC though.

Action speaks louder than words, but believe what you want to believe.

Puerto Rico shares a very similar culture to DR and still have the carribean flair while at the same time being more down to earth. High probabilites for them to win this tournament.

sports don't work like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom