• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Baseball Classic |OT| America prevails

Status
Not open for further replies.

PR_rambo

Banned
ADIOS CURACAO I mean Netherlands . FUCK i called it, only way this struggling offense would win.

Uno mas mi gente, VAMOS PUNETA

I literally thought my MLB.tv feed was jumping in time at the top and bottom of this inning. No clue this rule was in effect.

Congrats, PR!

ReMaKe

I literally thought my MLB.tv feed was jumping in time at the top and bottom of this inning. No clue this rule was in effect.

Congrats, PR!

Ain't gonna lie it's a shitty rule. Worse thing about it is MLB wants to bring this rule. Imagine a red sox, yankee playoff game being decide like this...

Magni

Congrats PR. Those two running errors in the first (just before Coco's bomb) ended up biting them in the ass.

Japan vs PR for a final between two 7-0 teams?

Ain't gonna lie it's a shitty rule. Worse thing about it is MLB wants to bring this rule. Imagine a red sox, yankee playoff game being decide like this...

Yeah, I saw them discussing it possibly for 2018. I don't like anything about it. This game was so intense and fun, and it feels like it ended in fuckery.

Malo

Banned
Daren Willman‏
@darenw

Edwin Diaz threw an intentional walk pitch 87.5 MPH... Harder than any pitch Jered Weaver threw all last season (87.1 MPH)

DR, PR, Mexico Cuba, and Venezuela should field a combined team called the "West Indies" like they do in cricket and lay some smack on the gringos.

5fb06cc63a3564e2e2903576fafdc0b9.gif

Tony pls

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am not a fan of the rule but....

GANAMOS PUÑETA!! Onwards to Wednesday. I was becoming a doubter at the end of the game haha.

PR_rambo

Banned
Yeah, I saw them discussing it possibly for 2018. I don't like anything about it. This game was so intense and fun, and it feels like it ended in fuckery.

That's because it DID end in fuckery. Losing that way is bullshit, the pitcher who gets charged with the"loss" gave up no walks, no hits and his defense comitted no errors and they LOST.

Magni

PR_rambo: good point - I'm guessing that run is unearned, but he still gets the loss? Statistically speaking.

Same thing happened in the Netherlands-Japan game, an absolute blast for 10 innings, and then the 11th felt like a letdown. On the other hand, that game lasted almost five hours, and people ended up barely catching the last train home - there's pressure on the leagues to make the games shorter.

I can accept it for the regular season as a compromise, but please, keep that shit away from the playoffs. Just like the NHL has 3 on 3 OT for 5 minutes followed by a shootout, but the playoffs have normal 20-minute extra periods until someone scores.

So maybe, have this weirdness for the 11th inning, and then a home run derby if it lasts past that? But only in the regular season!

Of course, if they do that, they should also distinguish between ROWs and "shoot out" wins... not sure how'd that work out for MLB.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
That 11th inning rule feels like a penalty shootout in football.

Its a shit rule.

NYCrooner

I get speeding up the game regular season but let the magic of playoff baseball be all it can be. This game was bound to end with something epic. Not like this.

clemenx

Banned
PR_rambo: good point - I'm guessing that run is unearned, but he still gets the loss? Statistically speaking.

Same thing happened in the Netherlands-Japan game, an absolute blast for 10 innings, and then the 11th felt like a letdown. On the other hand, that game lasted almost five hours, and people ended up barely catching the last train home - there's pressure on the leagues to make the games shorter.

I can accept it for the regular season as a compromise, but please, keep that shit away from the playoffs. Just like the NHL has 3 on 3 OT for 5 minutes followed by a shootout, but the playoffs have normal 20-minute extra periods until someone scores.

So maybe, have this weirdness for the 11th inning, and then a home run derby if it lasts past that? But only in the regular season!

Of course, if they do that, they should also distinguish between ROWs and "shoot out" wins... not sure how'd that work out for MLB.

It isn't rally needed at all in regular season. Super long extra innings aren't common enough to be an issue.

They're a fun novelty when they do happen.

Marquis

Banned
Lindor is so well spoken! Definitely going to have to pick up his jersey.

On a side note can somebody explain the whole Puneta thing to me. I'm Puerto Rican but was born in the US and don't speak any Spanish. I hear my family say it all the time and I'm really confused. Our Puerto Rican's really just going calling everybody masterbators? Lol.

On a side note can somebody explain the whole Puneta thing to me. I'm Puerto Rican but was born in the US and don't speak any Spanish. I hear my family say it all the time and I'm really confused. Our Puerto Rican's really just going calling everybody masterbators? Lol.

"(pooh-nyeh-tah) (spanish) - Usually negative expressing agitation or disappointment, also used to express excitement or astonishment. See also damn - typically an interjection synonmous with coño , or used in situations where coño may also be appropriate or substituted. When used as 'la puñeta', or 'hacer la puñeta' it refers to the act of self-masturbation i.e. jacking off. "

Urban dictionary in the clutch, it's the equivalent of Dominicans saying coño... context matters.

Ricky_R

It's pretty much a "FUCK YEAH!" in this case. It can be used in many ways though.

Pretty versatile word. ;)

Choomp

Banned
What an awesome game last night. Just, ugh, that rule. I do not want to see tonight's game come down to that. Please no.

Magni

It isn't rally needed at all in regular season. Super long extra innings aren't common enough to be an issue.

They're a fun novelty when they do happen.

Oh, I'd rather they not change the rule at all. But if they do, at least keep it to just the regular season and away from the playoffs.

A shame about the rain. So happy to hear the Japanese chants in LA, I really wish we had that in the US.

Edit: and of course the Americans try to drown it out with the boring "U! S! A!" chant - you get your turn to chant in the tops of the innings!

BFIB

I now have MLBNetwork so I get to finally watch some WBC and hopefully see the game played the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom