• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Nameless

The season had to end in a way that left the door open for more 24, but also gave closure in the event that this was series' last episode.

Jack's story essentially began in eastern Europe. If this is end it's pretty fitting that's where it ends.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
If Fox decides to make 24: Live Another Day 2 Russia Edition™ they gotta bring back TONY, right? It's pretty much a given.

I still can't believe that after saving Audrey from a sniper that they just casually strolled through a park instead of getting her ass into a bulletproof suv and gtfo. Well that and that she was even allowed to have a meeting in a park at night with what was going on.

Dr.Acula

Banned
More like 4 hours escaping Moscow. 12 hour time jump. Save Los Angeles in tge remaining 8.

Happy ending with Kim and little Terry.

If 24 has taught us anything, it's that you can travel between any two geographical locations in the time it takes to air a commercial break.

Vire

I still can't believe that after saving Audrey from a sniper that they just casually strolled through a park instead of getting her ass into a bulletproof suv and gtfo. Well that and that she was even allowed to have a meeting in a park at night with what was going on.

24 logic.

Tookay

Honestly, I think that might be the best episode of 24 I can recall.

Great season. If that's the end, then I'm okay with it.

this_guy

Part of the excitement of looking forward to every episode this season was anticipating when Tony would show up. I feel empty inside.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
This whole season has been like a condensed Greatest Hits of 24. I don't see the s5 ending complaint being too valid.

Kifimbo

If Fox decides to make 24: Live Another Day 2 Russia Edition™ they gotta bring back TONY, right? It's pretty much a given.

I think Kim is more likely. It's really the only remaining thing Jack would fight for. The last words Jack said to Chloe were about his family. He also warned the Russians not to target his family. In fact, the ending pretty much spell it out.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
This whole season has been like a condensed Greatest Hits of 24. I don't see the s5 ending complaint being too valid.

My issue with this final episode is that everything felt so..... samey.

Jack love interest killed + revenge spree, Kate leaving CIA ala Renee leaving FBI, and another foreign prison for Jack. Wish they would've done something different but it's clear that they wanted to leave the door open.

Tookay

My issue with this final episode is that everything felt so..... samey.

Jack love interest killed + revenge spree, Kate leaving CIA ala Renee leaving FBI, and another foreign prison for Jack. Wish they would've done something different but it's clear that they wanted to leave the door open.

I don't really agree with this criticism.

I mean, yes, it was very par for the course when you distill it like that.

But its execution was so much better than what you're describing.

Kiefer, Yvonne, Devane, Sean Callery all killed it.

bndadm

It can't be a break out, I imagine, as they have to finally put closure to the Russian threat to Jack and his family. They have to figure out a way to craft the story where Jack is out, or about to get out, or his release is negotiated to wrap that up.

I don't know how you'd do it, but if FOX wants them to, they'll find a way. But if you're doing a breakout, Aaron Pierce has to be on the team, damnit!

All in all, I found this a satisfactory series finale, if it is. Although I will always pine for an ending where Jack gets home and reunite with his family. But if the ending is to wonder what happens to Jack under the Russian's control...well he went on his own terms.

This was a much more powerful episode then I expected. Lost it at Audrey's silent clock and Heller's talk to the PM. Great stuff.

Cheng got exactly what he had coming.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I could see some sort of season building up to breaking Jack out. Have Jack be the special guest star in the last episode.

Or...don't have him, because they killed him months/years ago.

If the show never comes back, no one will make me believe Jack dies in some hole in Russia. Seriously, 8 seconds post silent clock, he's killed everyone else in the helicopter with a box cutter and a brick, and he's flying that helicopter back to the U S of Fucking A.

Arthos

Fitting ending, IMO. We know Jack never gets the happy ending. In a way, he sort of did in this finale; he realizes he has someone he can call a best friend. If the series were to end here I'd be fine with it. They could have surely messed it up had they gone another route.

Edit: Not going to lie, I thought something was going to happen there at the end to Jack. Either he be shot or the heli be shot down I thought.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't wait for this season to be available on Prime. It's like the ultimate binge viewing for a lazy, rainy Saturday. Non-stop action.

Dr.Acula

Banned
They should pull a Homeland, where Jack is released and goes back to CTU as a Russian mole. But really it's just to smoke out another Russian mole who was there to make sure Jack stayed mole! OMG, make it Tony! Then it's a Tony vs. Jack. But actually, it wasn't Tony, it was a one-armed man -Chase! I knew it was you, Chase!

I could see some sort of season building up to breaking Jack out. Have Jack be the special guest star in the last episode.

Or...don't have him, because they killed him months/years ago.

If the show never comes back, no one will make me believe Jack dies in some hole in Russia. Seriously, 8 seconds post silent clock, he's killed everyone else in the helicopter with a box cutter and a brick, and he's flying that helicopter back to the U S of Fucking A.

Why do people say have a season without Bauer. No way, there is one reason to watch this show, Jack Bauer! No jack, no 24.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
think Jack needed 13 kills. Who think's he got it?

Crazy to think that if the series is over, Cheng is the last kill.

But only the 2nd decapitation.

Top Bottom