• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

iamjohn

I thought the way they ended it was horrible. Not sure what exactly I would've like to see, but I know I didn't like what I did see.

Deadly

Knew the Russians would come back goddamn. We need another season NAOOOOOOO. Jack went MIA for 12 hours, ain't the President and CIA wondering where the fuck he is?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, there are quite a few people that know that a russian element was behind what was about to be WW3. I still can't believe they more or less could get away with what they did in Season 8.

Should have let Birken take the nerve gas to Russia.

BTW, Kiefer and Jon Cassar are going to be at Comic-Con. Hold out hope for a 2015 return!

We better get another season next year. I am bummed out right now, no more jack.
:(

Order another season and announce it as the last one. End it for real, no open ended ending. We all know what must happen in the end... Jack gets a Medal of Honor and becomes president. :p

The Cowboy

Good episode.

However, it should have ended with Jack getting in the chopper and just as it takes off - he pulls out a trigger/grenade and BOOM!!!!!!, he kills himself and the people on the chopper: then silent count down to zero.

The end.
-
Next 24 series, female Jack takes over.

chris121580

Honestly, I think that might be the best episode of 24 I can recall.

Great season. If that's the end, then I'm okay with it.
It's my second favorite. Nothing will top the Jack/Chappelle episode. Just a fantastic season and a great finale. The whole boat scene was so awesome

Good episode.

However, it should have ended with Jack getting in the chopper and just as it takes off - he pulls out a trigger/grenade and BOOM!!!!!!, he kills himself and the people on the chopper: then silent count down to zero.

The end.
-

Jack is a man, he would never kill himself.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Knew the Russians would come back goddamn. We need another season NAOOOOOOO. Jack went MIA for 12 hours, ain't the President and CIA wondering where the fuck he is?
Heller forgot that he ever existed, and the rest of the government all just figured they'd drop the issue in the hopes that he'll just go away. Out of sight, out of mind... easier than dealing with the problem.

bndadm

It's my second favorite. Nothing will top the Jack/Chappelle episode. Just a fantastic season and a great finale. The whole boat scene was so awesome

That Jack/Chappelle episode left me stunned for days after and still remains haunting to me.

The great thing? about this now ending is that my family and in-laws can go back to the seasons they never saw for their fix (typically 1-3) and get all new surprises. Which means I get to re-watch and re-live them too!

I worship at the alter of 24, moles and all.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Good episode.

The end.
-

I was thinking this exact thing. I figured it was on when it looked like he was smirking. A final "Fuck You" to the evil's of the world.

After Jack hears about Audrey, and he's on the ground and pulls out his handgun, is there any possible way that wasn't a sign of an impending suicide?

effzee

Just watched it.

WOW.

Season 1 was so long ago that I think I might rank this season as 2nd best behind season 5.

I loved it. The last 4 episodes were incredible. Some of the best episodes the show has ever produced.

I want another season no matter what. Do what season 6 should have been, Jack's friends helping him escape a foreign prison. No American politics or World War threats. Just Chloe, Kate, and dude helping Jack teaming up to get Jack out.

PLEASE I NEED MORE 24!

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Good episode.

The end.

I was hoping for this. The ultimate sacrifice.

Just watched it.

WOW.

Season 1 was so long ago that I think I might rank this season as 2nd best behind season 5.

I loved it. The last 4 episodes were incredible. Some of the best episodes the show has ever produced.

I want another season no matter what. Do what season 6 should have been, Jack's friends helping him escape a foreign prison. No American politics or World War threats. Just Chloe, Kate, and dude helping Jack teaming up to get Jack out.

PLEASE I NEED MORE 24!

You are in this thread too and we agree that this is the second best season behind season 5. You are like my favorite poster on gaf.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Good episode.

The end.
-

I kind of wish it had ended for good, rather than wait and wonder if we'll get another season. After what Jack just did, the British and the US will want him out, and Chloe and Robin know who has him, and will no doubt say something.

Tapejara

I think my favourite part of the episode was Jack holding Chloe's hand. It's a bittersweet moment, wherein Jack is able to connect with a friend, content that there is someone out there who still cares about him and someone he cares for in return. Jack was never able to share these moments with Audrey (during this season), and he came across as detached during interactions with other characters. As someone said earlier, it's never a happy ending for Jack. I felt the scene gave us a glimpse of that happy ending we all want for Jack, but know he's never going t get.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Um do you mind providing a reason why you feel that way?
A few people have already talked about it. It's a rehash of the terrible Season 5 ending.

I guess being low key is fine, but I rather they either just leave him to be on the run again or kill him off. This tepid cliffhanger feels like they're trying to get some kind of #BringBackJack hashtag campaign or something.

I just finished watching the episode.......

OMFG RAGE MODE JACK WAS THE BEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSTTTTTT

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

I need a one more season! God I hope they do one more season. PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEE all might god, being, lord, or whatever let this happen!

tumblr_inline_mlk85jkU1r1qz4rgp.gif

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
No. Do you guys not get Bauer, he will never kill himself for some scrubs. The only way he dies if its to stop the end of the world or prevent someone he loves (Chloe or Kim) from dying.

Yeah that actually makes a whole lot of sense. Brand/show DNA and all that.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What do you guys think for another season... 24 episodes or 12?

I'm unsure. I think this season could have used 24 episodes with the various subplots in the last 3 episodes. The russian subplot was really weak, and oly served to set up the cliffhanger.

That being said, this was a tight, well placed season. I would like to see 12 episodes again, but trim a few subplots.

The Cowboy

If they do another season, i really want the old 24 hour format back - i did like the connected 12 episodes - but i prefer my 24 to be well, 24 :D.

bndadm

The great thing about a 12 episode run is it could start like then then time jump and everyone's in the States or whoever, and go from there.

By the way, last week they mentioned Cheng had been part of a power play 10 years ago - would that make it possible that the attack on CTU in season 6 and the Russian stuff was part of that (or a prelude to it)? I'm making my own personal fiction that it was.

Vire

I'm unsure. I think this season could have used 24 episodes with the various subplots in the last 3 episodes. The russian subplot was really weak, and oly served to set up the cliffhanger.

That being said, this was a tight, well placed season. I would like to see 12 episodes again, but trim a few subplots.

I think the biggest problem was they spent too much time on Lady Stark and Sansa and not enough time developing the Russian/Chinese plot line.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think the biggest problem was they spent too much time on Lady Stark and Sansa and not enough time developing the Russian/Chinese plot line.

Agreed. The bit plot twists...

Adrian being the mystery voice, then China being behind him, No wait, it's Chang, oh now the Russians are helping, etc...

Being crammed into the last 3 episodes just seemed way too rushed.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
You guys I figured it out:

Next season takes place in Russia. Expands 24's international market. And guess who's his sidekick?

PLEASE I NEED MORE 24!

Yeah, this would be a great way to start off the season.

Top Bottom