• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Trying to think if they've shown a full on sword decapitation in GOT. Kind of crazy they (more or less) show it on 24 (though it's really really quick)

Funny that we got one last scene with Stephen Fry, and of course, it's an expression of being baffled at the events that have happened.

t-storm

BmbkTelCIAAJkvf.jpg:large
Hnnngggg

Servbot24

Banned
I was so prepared for Tony to be behind Chloe's kidnapping. Didn't care how they wrote it. Oh well, still a good episode and good season.

Infinity

Great pic.

Truthfully, I don't know what I was expecting for the ending. It's tough to imagine a happy ending to Jack's story, given all he's been through. I was half hoping that he would go full-on rage in the helicopter and somehow make an escape, but realistically, I knew that wasn't probable.

The silent clock left me with the feeling that Jack was on his way to die in Russia. But there's no way he'd let those fucks torture and execute him in Moscow. So my made-up ending is that Jack cooperates until he gets there and takes advantage of the first opportunity to bust out and go into hiding.

He's got enough dark side rage to do more damage - at least enough to escape and give us another season in 2015.

Great episode and one of the best seasons of 24 ever. The 12 episode format just does the show so much good. I've always felt the 24 episode format was too much.

Man this episode felt like Splinter cell and MGS merged into this wonderful action showdown. jack had his own tanker mission! So cool

foxtrot3d

Banned
Well I just finished the finale and it was a shit ending to a shit season, I don't understand how people could have liked this season. I mean REALLY, you're gonna KILL AUDREY?! HOW MANY FUCKING TIME ARE YOU GOING TO RECYCLE THE SAME PLOT?! I've literally lost count at how many love interests Jack has had and lost, I don't think there is a single one who made it out of the series alive unless you count Kate Warner from S2 but I bet she probably blew her brains out shortly after or was killed in the nuke during S6.

Every single plot this season was just a rehash of prior seasons except done worse and with even less time. I actually predicted how it would all play out but thought, "nah they wouldn't be that predictable, they just did that last season." The second they cut back to Audrey after she was rescued I knew at that point 100% there was a second shooter which I was screaming earlier at my TV when Kate was looking for the sole sniper. At that point I knew Audrey would die, Kate would call Jack and inform him and then Jack would go full rage mode and kill everyone including Cheng just like he did in S1, S8 and in S6. Afterall, everyone knows that Jack gets a 40% extra buff when he is informed that a loved one has been killed.

I mean wow, words cannot express how shit I thought this season was especially the finale, they didn't even have the balls to give Jack closure and just ended with a "hey, if people like this we can keep going, please like this." No, 24 I will not "like this" Jack can stay and rot in Moscow for the rest of his life and he deserves it too, he's not even a human character at this point.

Well I just finished the finale and it was a shit ending to a shit season, I don't understand how people could have liked this season. I mean REALLY, you're gonna KILL AUDREY?! HOW MANY FUCKING TIME ARE YOU GOING TO RECYCLE THE SAME PLOT?! I've literally lost count at how many love interests Jack has had and lost, I don't think there is a single one who made it out of the series alive unless you count Kate Warner from S2 but I bet she probably blew her brains out shortly after or was killed in the nuke during S6.

Every single plot this season was just a rehash of prior seasons except done worse and with even less time. I actually predicted how it would all play out but thought, "nah they wouldn't be that predictable, they just did that last season." The second they cut back to Audrey after she was rescued I knew at that point 100% there was a second shooter which I was screaming earlier at my TV when Kate was looking for the sole sniper. At that point I knew Audrey would die, Kate would call Jack and inform him and then Jack would go full rage mode and kill everyone including Cheng just like he did in S1, S8 and in S6. Afterall, everyone knows that Jack gets a 40% extra buff when he is informed that a loved one has been killed.

I mean wow, words cannot express how shit I thought this season was especially the finale, they didn't even have the balls to give Jack closure and just ended with a "hey, if people like this we can keep going, please like this." No, 24 I will not "like this" Jack can stay and rot in Moscow for the rest of his life and he deserves it too, he's not even a human character at this point.

jack-bauer-cry-o.gif

Haters gon' hate.

foxtrot3d

Banned
So guys, now that the season is over what are the best 24 moments of all time?

Here's mine:

Ugh, I don't know why people love that moment so much. I know hate me, go on. But, I pretty much thought the last half of S8 with full rage mode Jack to be the worst thing ever. This to me is the best 24 moment:

jack-bauer-cry-o.gif

EDIT:
Oh shit, beaten with my own gif.

Vire

Ugh, I don't know why people love that moment so much. I know hate me, go on. But, I pretty much though the last half of S8 with full rage mode Jack to be the worst thing ever. This to me is the best 24 moment:
[/img]

EDIT:
Oh shit, beaten with my own gif.

Because it embraces the stupid over the top ridiculousness that is 24.

Tookay

esyfna.gif

foxtrot3d

Banned
^
JESUS CHRIST JACK! STOP EXECUTING PRISONERS! That's why the Russians are after you in the first place. Man, remember when you were all about "only doing what's necessary" before becoming "fuck it, murder man?"

You have a Metal Gear avatar

Did I say "Metal Gear" or did I say "24?" Also, MGS4 took things far too silly IMO.

^
JESUS CHRIST JACK! STOP EXECUTING PRISONERS! That's why the Russians are after you in the first place. Man, remember when you were all about "only doing what's necessary" before becoming "fuck it, murder man?"

Have you not seen what has happened to the man over 9 seasons?

He is practically Big Boss now.

Tookay

^

Yeah, I remember that Jack.

He died around episode 24 of Season 1.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Have you not seen what has happened to the man over 9 seasons?

He is practically Big Boss now.

I saw them repeatedly kill his love interest every season to make him angry and "have nothing to lose" all over again. If he's Big Boss then where is Solid Snake and why doesn't he have an eye patch? He's just crazy murder man at this point who is always right and if you disagree with him then you are a traitor and unAmerican. I rolled my eyes so hard when Chloe had to spend her time apologizing to Jack for being "wrong" about Adrian. Really? Chloe? You have to apologize to Jack? LOLOLOLOL!

I saw them repeatedly kill his love interest every season to make him angry and "have nothing to lose" all over again. If he's Big Boss then where is Solid Snake and why doesn't he have an eye patch? He's just crazy murder man at this point who is always right and if you disagree with him then you are a traitor and unAmerican. I rolled my eyes so hard when Chloe had to spend her time apologizing to Jack for being "wrong" about Adrian. Really? Chloe? You have to apologize to Jack? LOLOLOLOL!

Of course if you disagree with him you are wrong, Jack is ALWAYS right. Chloe almost helped start WW3, kind of a big deal.

Sober

nofunallowned.jpg

lemme guess, 24 jumped the shark in season 4?
that's quite alright if you prefer it that way but who gives a fuck

Tokubetsu

You're a russian terrorist in this thread and we won't stand for it.

woodchuck

I think almost everybody wanted a prison break season for season 6. This is their chance to do that for season 10. Please, please, please.

Deadly

There's still the short clip they are going to include in the dvd/bd set that tells us what's been happening with Tony to look forward to. Maybe it'll tie-in to the next season!

foxtrot3d

Banned
Yeah, I remember that Jack.

He died around episode 24 of Season 1.

Yeah whatever happened to this guy in S7:

FBI Agent: Mr. Bauer?
Jack: Yeah?
FBI Agent: I just wanted to tell you, what they are making you go through at that Senate hearing, it's wrong.
Jack: No it's not, it's better than everything comes out in the open. We've done so many secret things over the years in the name of protecting this country we've created two worlds, ours and the people we promise to protect. They deserve to know the truth, and they can decide how far they want to let us go.
FBI Agent: Still you don't deserve to be treated that way, not after what you've done for our country and I'm not the only one that thinks so.
Jack: Thank you.

nofunallowned.jpg

lemme guess, 24 jumped the shark in season 4?
that's quite alright if you prefer it that way but who gives a fuck

24 jumped shark the minute they could no longer create any original ideas, so right after S5 and at the beginning of S6. They then briefly came back at the start and middle of S7 only to turn into crap by the end.

Tookay

Recalling his conversation with Kate about revenge and in light of how he turned himself over to the Russians at the end, isn't he implicitly accepting that his crazy murder man philosophy is sometimes wrong?

Blader

Pretty good finale, definitely more satisfying than the S8 finale even though I guess Jack's fate is still basically unresolved. A lot darker than I was expecting. Don't know if I like Audrey's death (well really, the whole set-up for it was terribly contrived) but that last scene with Heller was excellent at least, William Devane killed it. I was so disappointed that the final villain at the end wasn't Mandy or Max. :lol Oh well.

Somebody please give Yvonne a movie deal. After breathing new life into this show and Dexter (for what little was salvageable there) she deserves a bigger project. What a charming actress.

Overall the season was pretty uneven (though I guess most seasons are), and I wasn't really into it up until Jack tossed Margot out the window. From that episode on, the show was finally back to firing on full cylinders like it hasn't since S5, so at least there was a nice strong run to finish with that, allowing 24 to go out on a (more or less) high note.

RS4-

Either Kate or Tony breaks Jack out of the gulag. Jack isn't too happy to see Kate but gets over it.

Tony on the other hand, dies during the breakout; but tells Jack something super important about his past that plays an important role for the rest of the season.

(Sherri Palmer is the big baddie)

effzee

You are in this thread too and we agree that this is the second best season behind season 5. You are like my favorite poster on gaf.

Ha man we logical people gotta stick together!

Just as long as the Eagles aren't playing the Dolphins in the SB we cool!
i don't think the Eagles are ever winning one so :(

You know whats sad? I've come across so many drug cartel beheading videos online that I laughed at the 24 beheading when it happened for being so fake. =\

Top Bottom