• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Rich!

Five episodes left of the season. Again, it's okay but I HATE how they've assassinated Taylor's character to keep the story going. There were a pair of excellent episodes a while ago but it's back to mostly treading water.

Just wait until episode 21/22.

Just you wait. And then post here about how amazing it was.

123rl

There are HD versions of every series though as they're on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and "other" sources. So there's no excuse for not having a Bluray release. Worst case scenario, I'd settle for upscaled seasons where it was absolutely necessary if it meant the rest of it could be on Bluray. It worked for Doctor Who and actually looked ok

Tugatrix

I know its not exactly comparable and I can't be bothered to indepth google at the moment, any idea what the numbers were like in terms of the Star Trek TNG blu-ray remaster re-releases?

no idea, studios don't usually disclose the money they spend doing those scans, but they always say is expensive.

But one thing I'm sure, I will only buy a bluray pack, I won't spend money on a DVD anymore

Rich!

There are HD versions of every series though as they're on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and "other" sources. So there's no excuse for not having a Bluray release. Worst case scenario, I'd settle for upscaled seasons where it was absolutely necessary if it meant the rest of it could be on Bluray. It worked for Doctor Who and actually looked ok

1-4 aren't in HD on digital. They're upscaled. Only 5-8 are in true HD.

E92 M3

Aβydoς;121255654 said:
He's not in Russia as far as we know, he was put in federal prison because in S7 he helped the main villain (I don't remember his name), even though we find out that he was doing it just to infiltrate his operation and avenge his wife (and future kid) who were killed by the same villain in an attack at the beginning of S5.

Thanks, I should just rewatch the series...

Vally

LOL. Gold.

God. He was so close to enjoying just being with his family. He just couldn't pull himself away from being Jack.

Well Jack tried to stay away from getting involved, he just wanted to go back to LA with his family. It was Kim who convinced him to stay at CTU, basically all of Season 8 is her fault lol

Rich!

Well Jack tried to stay away from getting involved, he just wanted to go back to LA with his family. It was Kim who convinced him to stay at CTU, basically all of Season 8 is her fault lol

And consequently, Audrey's death is Kim's fault

Damnit kim

Rich!

The whole series is Kims fault.

If she hadn't gone with those boys in season 1 she wouldnt have been kidnapped and so on

Yeah but, even if Gaines didn't manage to succeed first time, he'd move onto plan A recycled. The drazens would then intervene and start plan B.

Regardless, Kevin Carroll was there waiting until Jack left for CTU. If Kim hadn't gone out, he would have just kidnapped her and Teri himself. He was set as not only Teri's kidnapper, but as a backup if rick and whatshisname fucked up.

TrueGrime

Okay guys, so out of all the seasons, who was the hottest woman attraction associated with Jack.

I think it's a tie between..

250px-Marilyn_Bauer.jpg

Renee_Walker_S8.jpg

Wiktor

Caught up. Damn. The season was awesome. No bullshit fillers, just balls to the wall Bauerism. About halway through they put pedal to the metal and it just keep getting better and better.

I need my season 10.

Marathon'd it over the past 2 days. Best season of 24. No bullshit. No notable lulls. Best action in the series. Felt like watching a great 12 hour action movie.

Rich!

Who was the women in season 1 on the plane and shook the hand of the President at the end ?

Mandy.

Season 1 - blew up the plane

Season 2 - attempted to assassinate president Palmer

Season 4 - Kidnapped Tony, got granted full immunity from Palmer in exchange for information on Marwan

She's still alive.

Rich!

I liked it up until the last few minutes. Way too reminiscent of S5 at the end.

No. It really was not - I'm not sure why so many people are comparing it to the S5 finale where Bauer was sucessful in bringing Logan to justice, was pretty much happy as all hell and then was suddenly kidnapped by the Chinese.

Live Another Day's finale shares basically NO similarities to that apart from him going to prison again - but even then, it's under wildly different circumstances.

So no, it's nothing like S5 e24. It's basically a retread of the S1 finale:

1. Fight at the docks at night against an old enemy (Drazen/Cheng)

2. Jack hears news of the death of someone close to him which causes him to go on a killing rampage (Kim/Audrey)

3. Jack kills his enemy mercilessly with pure anger (emptying a magazine into Drazen/chopping Cheng's head off)

4. Jack's lover dies (Teri/Audrey)

The last half of the episode was essentially S1's finale almost beat for beat. And then, Bauer decides to accept the inevitable and willingly go to the Russians to save Chloe. His emotion in the helicopter is of peace and acceptance, and the silent clock signifies that. In S5 he was taken against his will, beaten senseless and was left begging to be killed. Big difference.

Guys, I've got an idea for the next season.

Jack doesn't have a lot of support in the government anymore. We're not even sure if Heller likes him anymore, considering his daughter died; and even if he did, he probably won't remember him. That's if he's even president anyway. Tony is in prison, so he's out. So what if Chloe hired Mandy to break Jack out of prison ? Not only would we get more Mandy, which is want everyone wants, but she'd be an ally for once. That would make it very interesting; seeing Jack and Mandy kick some ass side-by-side.

RangersFan

Marathon'd it over the past 2 days. Best season of 24. No bullshit. No notable lulls. Best action in the series. Felt like watching a great 12 hour action movie.

Why the 12 episode format worked well was there was no mid-season lull, where they have to pull off some huge often ridiculous twist midway through the season to rejuvenate the story lines into a new direction.

Jack doesn't have a lot of support in the government anymore. We're not even sure if Heller likes him anymore, considering his daughter died; and even if he did, he probably won't remember him. That's if he's even president anyway. Tony is in prison, so he's out. So what if Chloe hired Mandy to break Jack out of prison ? Not only would we get more Mandy, which is want everyone wants, but she'd be an ally for once. That would make it very interesting; seeing Jack and Mandy kick some ass side-by-side.

Y1s2Od4.gif

It doesn't make any sense.
And I want it to happen.

jelly

Mandy.

Season 1 - blew up the plane

Season 2 - attempted to assassinate president Palmer

Season 4 - Kidnapped Tony, got granted full immunity from Palmer in exchange for information on Marwan

She's still alive.

Yeah, she was nice.

So, another 24 Live Another Day actor is in Star Wars, Christina Chong. She will also be in Halo : Nightfall

Can't say I remember seeing her.

swchong.jpg

So, another 24 Live Another Day actor is in Star Wars, Christina Chong. She will also be in Halo : Nightfall

Can't say I remember seeing her.

swchong.jpg

Mariana

I posted about how beautiful she is earlier in the thread:

Has anybody talked about the CTU brunette with the long straight hair and sleeveless white blouse? I love that her ear pokes out of her hair. She had 1 line last night.

There is always a super hot extra in the background running around CTU. Love it.

Fuck Mandy. Just set it in Russia and have Kate go bust Jack out.

I want this. I need this. It's simply a necessity.

Rich!

How about Mandy, Kate and Tony ?

A strike team organized to break Bauer out and escape back to the US. Kate Morgan, Tony Almeida and Aaron Pierce with tactical support from Chloe. They manage to escape and board a plane to the US

12 hours later

They have to stop some kind of evil plot of which nature I don't have a fucking clue - but Mandy is the bad dude's bodyguard/private assassin

Yeah! Season 10!

Rich!

Yvonne must come back, I hope the producers have realized they struck gold with Kate Morgan. Just don't bog her down with any romantic shit, just a simple partnership with Jack.

No, she'll get involved with jack and then be killed so that he can go on another murderous rampage. Such is the way with every female on the show apart from Chloe, Kim and Alison Taylor

But seriously, I think Jack may end up with Chloe. That'd be fucking weird, but kinda makes sense as an ending for the entire series.

Vibranium

Banned
No, she'll get involved with jack and then be killed so that he can go on another murderous rampage. Such is the way with every female on the show apart from Chloe, Kim and Alison Taylor

But seriously, I think Jack may end up with Chloe. That'd be fucking weird, but kinda makes sense as an ending for the entire series.

I like to think that Kate has realized it's better to follow Jack at some distance, and with what happened to her husband, it's probably not good idea to get involved.

JackxChloe is something I really can't see happening, but this is 24 so you never know haha.

Top Bottom