• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

RangersFan

That is the 24 I know and love. Finally on board with this season.

Fuck you Brits!

also dem Sarah Walker gun skills came nice and handy for this role.

Szeth

Good on the writers for making the non surprising mole reveal kind of surprising because I certainly didn't expect it to be related to what it was. Hah!

I didn't see the preview and plan to remain unspoiled, not sure who the posts are referring to and I won't be trying to figure it out! Time to abandon anything 24 related for the week!

Was that a new Chrysler 200 Jack is driving in the preview? They don't even sell those in the UK! Dat immersion breaking product placement :(

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Getting interesting. But still every time Jack says "Mr. President", it sounds so corny and forced.

Let's see... torture, stabbing family members, plans going to shit when the good guys get in the way, a crazy shootout involving said good guys, Jack having to hit enter on the laptop, THE MOLE reveal, forged Presidential signature drama, and so on.

That was some classic 24.

L00P

Yeah, I thought something was up with Kate's husband. I was right when I thought Navarro was a bad guy in the first episode. I also think Kate's partner is also a bad guy. And that bald guy with the scar. And Chloe's boss. And the general. And the prime minister and his secretary. And that guy. Watch me get it right with at least one of those

The warehouse shootout felt weird to me. A lot of stuff was going on, but the sound effects and editing seemed to downplay it

Simone as knockoff Sansa Stark is some errie stuff, all things considered.

Bratt is a shady director of not-CTU. Oh 24 and your swerves.

Ceebs

Who didn't see that coming? Kill the mother n daughter cuz... creating a problem when there's nothing lol

If that subplot did not exist, her phone would be at Casa De Terrorist and would lead Jack straight to Mama Psycho causing the show would be over in an episode unless she is descended from Marwan and has an even better contingency plan.

If that subplot did not exist, her phone would be at Casa De Terrorist and would lead Jack straight to Mama Psycho causing the show would be over in an episode unless she is descended from Marwan and has an even better contingency plan.

They could have challenged their selves than that subplot

BBboy20

Jack wants her
Jack needs her
Jack gets her
Words to live by when working with him.

I don't think he'll have a perfect happy ending, but I don't think he'll be damned forever.
There never was going to be one the moment Teri died.

Seriously? Just when the US president gets some sense, the PM has to mess things up.
Well, the US themselves fucked up in regards of not having the best defensive software in the world and felt obliged to inform the country they unintentionally put in harms way.

Jack with the death stare!
9CTlz7V.png

WOW!!!!! This is 24 on overdrive, it just does not let up. Easily one of the best seasons of the show so far. We got our mole, not the most obvious guy and we actually don't know his angle yet.

Sarah Walker is amazing on this show. I love her, easily the best fembauer and I loved Renee but she had issues, this chick is literally female Bauer.

Best show on TV.

ryan299

I was so excited for the show to come back. I really thought that a shorter season would help the show. Always felt like it was needed during the second half of the shows run as it became dull and predictable.

Now that the shows back I realize that the writing staff has no creativity. This is the same show we've seen before just with a new villain and location. Everything is so predictable and is old. After last week's episode I read an article and the writer predicted how the rest of the show would unfold and it was the same as every other season.

I understand that they want to please their fans and not change the show too dramatically but I see this season the same way I saw the Hangover 2. Exactly the same and not needed.

Hopefully the final six episodes will change it up and redeem the season.

RC

Banned
Ugh a mole. That was one 24 trope I hoped would stay dead and buried. The longer this season goes on the more it reminds me why I gave up on the show in the first place.

kirblar

Ugh a mole. That was one 24 trope I hoped would stay dead and buried. The longer this season goes on the more it reminds me why I gave up on the show in the first place.
In this case, I don't mind it because it seems to clearly indicate interest in bringing Kate and the show back for an S10.

The tension this season has been incredible. I'm really loving this so far. Such a great comeback for this show. And dem Sarah Walker toes.
jEpEOQ6.gif

Tugatrix

Damn intense episode, the pacing in this season is immense, can this season equal season 5?

RIP Psycho Sansa your crazy eyes will be miss.
Oh the promo show her alive

Sorry Bootleg Milo I should have trusted you over Navarro which I'm pretty sure contacted
Cross

FemBauer Sarah Walker is badass

After the promo:

Drone pursuit in the middle of London hell yeah

Vally

Loved the episode, best one so far

"Jack wants her, Jack needs her, Jack gets her". Damn straight

Jack's face when Kate injected herself with that stuff was priceless lol, he was like 'damn, this girl is hardcore'

iBHSf67wlWwdL.gif

And holy shit at that preview... completely over the top in the best possible way

Bauer91

I understand that they want to please their fans and not change the show too dramatically but I see this season the same way I saw the Hangover 2. Exactly the same and not needed.

Funny you should say that, after loving the first movie I didn't enjoy the sequel at all as it literally just seemed like copy/paste of the first one in a different setting.

Having said that, I'm LOVING this new season of 24. Yes, they aren't doing anything new but I don't have a problem with that here since it seems to me like they're on top of their game. This season only having 12 episodes means the pacing is great. Awesome stuff, can't wait for next week.

CoolOff

I really liked the casting for Simone and her brother, they both look sort of western but both also has those incredible bright eyes that you see in the Middle East.

Second-hand Sansa. :(

jey_16

Banned
there always has to be a mole but i can forgive them because were not going to spend 10 episodes seeing them get away with it. Still a great episode, fucking brits almost screwed Jack over

Top Bottom