• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Zaph

I swear that dude on the phone had a similar speech pattern to Morris... Wonder if he really died in a car accident like Chloe described? 24 loves to relish when killing off a character (and when bringing them back from the dead), would they really waste a semi-major character with an off screen death?

The Kate torture scene was totally lifted from Lethal Weapon.

Ifrit

I swear that dude on the phone had a similar speech pattern to Morris... Wonder if he really died in a car accident like Chloe described? 24 loves to relish when killing off a character (and when bringing them back from the dead), would they really waste a semi-major character with an off screen death?

The Kate torture scene was totally lifted from Lethal Weapon.

Yeah, some guy at the end really looked like morris to me

jman2050

Oh god I don't know where to start

- Kate going along with Jack's suicide plan immediately, followed by said plan going awry in roughly 2 minutes.

- British screwing everything up.

- Kate's kill on the torturer dude

- Sansa getting pancaked by a bus

- Mark giving the most scared of scared puppy faces when the Russian dude called him.

- JACK WANTS HER, JACK NEEDS HER, JACK GETS HER.

- Chloe being Chloe as per usual

- OH MY GOD IT WAS AN AMBUSH

- Navarro is a mole, sky is blue, water is wet.

This is so 24 it makes me all giddy and OMG @ that preview :O

Rich!

Just listened to the call with Navarro at the end of the episode, and paid close attention to the speech patterns and cadence of the words

It's without question
Adrian Cross

i think

The best part of the episode was clearly the moment when the bad guy was about to hit the 'Enter' key and then the British police busted in.

B3N1

ivrcAaFCULLbz.gif

Fuckyeah!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I just watched last night's episode. A couple of points:

First point: Sansa is having the worst day ever. She's had her finger chopped off, her husband was shot dead, and now she's been hit by a bus!

Second point: Why didn't Sansa's sister-in-law or her niece notice that she was missing a finger?

Anyone have a link to next week's preview? My DVR cut off.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I just watched last night's episode. A couple of points:

First point: Sansa is having the worst day ever. She's had her finger chopped off, her husband was shot dead, and now she's been hit by a bus!

Second point: Why didn't Sansa's sister-in-law or her niece notice that she was missing a finger?

Anyone have a link to next week's preview? My DVR cut off.

It was just the tip, and gloves.

Slowdive

Banned
The contact is obviously Charles Logan, the big bad of the series, that's why the voice was scrambled, it was software because he can't talk.

Nah I think it's Adrian Cross. The preview looks great!

Maximus.

The show has been great, but seriously disappointed with the show following the typical 24 formula. I thought they would try something more original with the story and characters.

Zaph

The show has been great, but seriously disappointed with the show following the typical 24 formula. I thought they would try something more original with the story and characters.
It feels like a 24 lap of honour for fans after leaving s8's ending open and teasing fans with a nonexistent film for years, rather than a complete retooling for a new audience.

It's hitting all the fan service beats and cathartic moments (like everytime someone says "So Jack was right!"), I just hope it ends with more finality or they bring it back for more seasons.

effzee

Also I don't think Navarro is a mole or talking to some big bad. He probably has his own skeletons and blamed her husband to cover his own mistakes. At least I hope.

Really good stuff here, just catching up on the last episode on dvr. This is one of the few shows I keep up with on TV, and highest quality of the bunch.

bndadm

more like 24: Live Another Day |OT| We want it, We need it, We get it.

Once again CTU's employee screening process is proven to be fatally flawed.

Damn straight. And I always hoped that with season 7 when they shut down CTU they would have made a mention of it just for fun.

Dabanton

Another ridiculous episode. Enjoyable but ridiculous.

I really want to know where Margot al harazi base is that Simone can go from what looks like countryside to central London in less than 20 mins during rush hour.

Rich!

Another ridiculous episode. Enjoyable but ridiculous.

I really want to know where Margot al harazi base is that Simone can go from what looks like countryside to central London in less than 20 mins during rush hour.

Simple

Drones are used for transportation too.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
poor simone, her husband gets killed, she loses a finger, then she gets reamed by a double decker. and she had to have sex with a nerd and that hairy dude.

Apoc29

I never bought into the whole 'Fembauer' thing (even though I was familiar with how badass Yvonne is) but then she killed two dudes in the MOST BAUER WAY POSSIBLE and I was like "Yep, she's Bauer now."

Mark is an obviously slimy dude, but I could see him doing a face turn like Tom Lennox did that one season...seems like a very '24' thing to do.

Top Bottom