• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

123rl

That was perfect 24. Episode 7 was great throughout

I just wish the season wasn't over in 5 episodes because this has been wonderful so far

The fact that it ends in 5 episodes from now is primarily the reason why it's back, and why it's so good.

Yeah, they need to keep this short and sweet. All of the other seasons were plagued by stupid, ineffective, stupid, unintelligent, stupid, bullshit plotlines that didn't affect the main plot because they needed to pad it out for 24 hours. With this season, even the personal bullshit with Naveed tied back into main plot.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll spoiler tag my thoughts on where it might be going, though honestly, I have no idea of how the time jump will work out. I assume at the end of an episode, it'll be obvious that it'll move forward in time for the next episode.

Going with the fact that Heller has Alzheimers, he talked to Margot, and the promo/previews imply him accepting the demand, and going to Wembly Stadium, that he will end up dying, bombed by the drone, but in a wide open space with no civilians, because James Fucking Heller is a hero. He knows his future is bleak with that disease, and going out this way could potentially save thousands of lives and save him from losing himself to that disease. I mean, he drove off a cliff to avoid being a pawn in Christopher Henderson's plot. Margot's lucky he doesn't blow himself up out of spite.

My guess is, in the aftermath, where Margot is supposed to stop the attacks if Heller gives himself up, she instead decides to ask for more impossible demands, or just uses the drones as originally planned. Then the time jump happens, post attacks with large sections of London in rubble, and Jack in Armageddon Mode.

I feel like Heller's death (or survival) at the end of the next episode, will be the end of this run of hours, leading into the time jump, where the last 4 hours will be 7 am to 11 am, as it started at 11 am the previous day. We're skipping the middle of the night episodes. Maybe everyone bunkers down to avoid the drone attacks?

Kifimbo

Yeah, they need to keep this short and sweet. All of the other seasons were plagued by stupid, ineffective, stupid, unintelligent, stupid, bullshit plotlines that didn't affect the main plot because they needed to pad it out for 24 hours. With this season, even the personal bullshit with Naveed tied back into main plot.

I agree, but not completely.

They don't have the time to flesh out some characters. We have no idea what's going on with Steve Navarro. What are his motives ? Why did he set up Kate Morgan husband ? Why is he working with Adrian Cross ? Speaking of him, what's his story ? Why is he helping Navarro ? Also feel like Audrey and Chloe are barely involved in anything important.

I guess we might know soon enough about Navarro and Cross, since the Simone arc is done after the next episode.

I'll spoiler tag my thoughts on where it might be going, though honestly, I have no idea of how the time jump will work out. I assume at the end of an episode, it'll be obvious that it'll move forward in time for the next episode.

Going with the fact that Heller has Alzheimers, he talked to Margot, and the promo/previews imply him accepting the demand, and going to Wembly Stadium, that he will end up dying, bombed by the drone, but in a wide open space with no civilians, because James Fucking Heller is a hero. He knows his future is bleak with that disease, and going out this way could potentially save thousands of lives and save him from losing himself to that disease. I mean, he drove off a cliff to avoid being a pawn in Christopher Henderson's plot. Margot's lucky he doesn't blow himself up out of spite.

My guess is, in the aftermath, where Margot is supposed to stop the attacks if Heller gives himself up, she instead decides to ask for more impossible demands, or just uses the drones as originally planned. Then the time jump happens, post attacks with large sections of London in rubble, and Jack in Armageddon Mode.

I feel like Heller's death (or survival) at the end of the next episode, will be the end of this run of hours, leading into the time jump, where the last 4 hours will be 7 am to 11 am, as it started at 11 am the previous day. We're skipping the middle of the night episodes. Maybe everyone bunkers down to avoid the drone attacks?

Just to let you know, there have been rumors that they've abandoned the time skip. Additionally, they recently filmed the finale in the middle of the night in London and woke up a bunch of people who thought the Blitzkrieg was happening again.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just to let you know, there have been rumors that they've abandoned the time skip. Additionally, they recently filmed the finale in the middle of the night in London and woke up a bunch of people who thought the Blitzkrieg was happening again.

hmm, but at least it sounds like Margot is in fact, not trustworthy.

I'm ok if they decide to not really do a time jump, as I'm ok with 24 not really being 24 hours. It shouldn't be about having a show take place in 1 complete day, just that it was in real time while it was on.

I agree, but not completely.

They don't have the time to flesh out some characters. We have no idea what's going on with Steve Navarro. What are his motives ? Why did he set up Kate Morgan husband ? Why is he working with Adrian Cross ? Speaking of him, what's his story ? Why is he helping Navarro ? Also feel like Audrey and Chloe are barely involved in anything important.

I guess we might know soon enough about Navarro and Cross, since the Simone arc is done after the next episode.

We'll find out why Navarro and Cross are doing what they are doing soon enough, I bet. Especially now that budget Milo is alive. I do agree with Chloe though. She needs to be more involved, but this is her usual role.

Hopefully, she'll get a hold of another assault rifle and blow some people away again.

I'm ok if they decide to not really do a time jump, as I'm ok with 24 not really being 24 hours. It shouldn't be about having a show take place in 1 complete day, just that it was in real time while it was on.

Margot is definitely not to be trusted. She's a stone hearted asshole.

24 isn't dependent on the amount of hours, but relies entirely upon Jack Bauer being a badass in impossible situations.

Tugatrix

We'll find out why Navarro and Cross are doing what they are doing soon enough, I bet. Especially now that budget Milo is alive. I do agree with Chloe though. She needs to be more involved, but this is her usual role.

Hopefully, she'll get a hold of another assault rifle and blow some people away again.

Margot is definitely not to be trusted. She's a stone hearted asshole.

24 isn't dependent on the amount of hours, but relies entirely upon Jack Bauer being a badass in impossible situations.

work_with_computers.gif

that would be awesome

Rich!

Time jump is becoming less and less of a possibility.

They were filming the finale in Southampton. At night.

jb1234

Amazing episode

BUT

...why on earth was Charles Logan's theme playing when Heller contacted Margot? Just before the end of the episode. Very fucking odd.

Each "24" episode is expected to have wall-to-wall music written for it and with just a week to write 35 or so minutes of music, it's very common for television composers to track in previously written cues to help with the deadlines.

(This episode was pretty awesome. While a lot of the cliches are out in full force, I don't think they've ever had Jack outrun a drone before.)

Each "24" episode is expected to have wall-to-wall music written for it and with just a week to write 35 or so minutes of music, it's very common for television composers to track in previously written cues to help with the deadlines.

So Logan isn't the guy who hired Adrian Cross who hired Steve Navarro who hired Kate Morgan who in an alternative universe worked with Colonel John Casey who (in another alternative universe) once worked with Richard Castle who once worked with Special Agent Jared Stack who just happens to be Tony Almeida?

I guess that confirms no Tony :(

(Speaking of that Castle episode where Carlos Bernard guest starred, its plot also happened to center around a hijacked drone. Coincidence?)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
couldn't catch the episode on monday due to e3 craziness and just got caught up.

great episode but chloe continues to feel out of place in this whole thing.

Rich!

(This episode was pretty awesome. While a lot of the cliches are out in full force, I don't think they've ever had Jack outrun a drone before.)

Nah, I don't agree. This is the first time in ten years that Callery's music has seemed misplaced to me. He does not fuck around, and every single track he does has significance.

jb1234

Nah, I don't agree. This is the first time in ten years that Callery's music has seemed misplaced to me. He does not fuck around, and every single track he does has significance.

It's not really a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. It's an established fact that "24" (and most other shows requiring a great deal of music) utilizes tracking and/or ghostwriters to cover deadlines. It's the music editor's job to splice in existing music as is appropriate and Callery likely focuses most of his time and energies on the big set pieces that require original material.

They probably didn't care about the usage of Logan's theme because they assume (correctly) that most people don't notice the score.

Rich!

It's not really a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. It's an established fact that "24" (and most other shows requiring a great deal of music) utilizes tracking and/or ghostwriters to cover deadlines. It's the music editor's job to splice in existing music as is appropriate and Callery likely focuses most of his time and energies on the big set pieces that require original material.

They probably didn't care about the usage of Logan's theme because they assume (correctly) that most people don't notice the score.

I still disagree. On the whole in American TV, sure. But this is the first instance since the start of 24 where this has happened, and I've been watching it religiously for ten years.

And Logan's theme isn't unrecognisable. Look at season 8. It was used to perfection there.

fixuis

I'm sure this has been answered before but how does the president know how to contact margo and where she is? Can't they trace her through that?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
This show is so damn good and I'm a newcomer. If I had Netflix, I'd catch up on the rest of the series.

But that mole reveal and who he's talking too.... Guess I shouldn't have been surprised, although especially considering
that actor, if I remember correctly, almost always plays a villain in movies anyhow.

Dalek

Damn. This last episode was amazing. So fucking good. Is it confirmed at all that her show is returning next year? I feel like my love for 24 has been reignited after all the years. This season has felt really fresh.

B.K.

I"m glad Fox reairs the newest episode on Friday nights. I missed this week's episode watching Sony's E3 conference.

effzee

Weird that they didn't contact or bring in any of Yasmin's family. I mean her mother was murdered by her aunt and she is just left alone in the hospital? Where is her father or extended family?

I'm catching up with the last four (?) episodes.

Margot's kind of a lame villain. I kinda feel like she's having an incesty thing going on with her son. Just started episode 6.

President Heller's lines delivery always cracks me up.

Margot is such a cartoonishly evil villain. I just got to the part where she orders Sansa to kill Simone and her daughter. I can't help but laugh.

And now Femme-Bauer is about to be tortured.

That Sonya Blade kill was glorious.

Brits suck. MI5 sucks. PM sucks. Wow, they suck.

Sansa Stark sucks. Botched that up. Or it went horribly right. Now she's gonna go chase a little girl.

HA HA HA HA HA HOLY SHIT THAT BUS.

Lol, and of course there's a mole. Oh Navarro.

I seriously can't stop laughing at Heller's voice. Fucking hilarious. I get funny JFK-esque vibes. Lol, Stephren Fry comes off as so smarmy.

Oh, can't wait for the ambulance hijacking that I assume is coming.

Good episode in a busy week. My one comment would be, has Michael Wincott ever played a good guy?

OH SHIT I JUST CAME TO THE PART WITH THE REVELATION, WHAAAAAAT COME ON

Edit: I love that Jack's willing to just dump Simone in the hospital and walk off without a single fuck given.

I hope Jack blows up Margot with a drone.

Fuck her.

Oh shit, Femme Bauer has the messenger bag of power. The torch has passed?

Whose the White House Dean Winters knockoff guy?

Watch, Heller's gonna trick everyone! This dog ain't out of tricks yet!

Daffy Duck

I am enjoying this, I had a worry the CGI explosions would be a little iffy and they were, but it doesn't detract from how good this is.

Just a shame there is only 5 episodes left.

Favorite 3 parts of that commercial:

1. Walking up into that woman's face and asking where the icing is kept.
2. The really fast countdown before blowing up the car, and not even waiting before asking for a cab.
3. Using the power drills for mixers.

this_guy

I am enjoying this, I had a worry the CGI explosions would be a little iffy and they were, but it doesn't detract from how good this is.

Just a shame there is only 5 episodes left.

But that's what makes this season so great. If it was a full 24 episodes we would know that the first half isn't the real villain, and we would have to wait until about episode 16 for it to really get going.

Top Bottom