• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

VPhys

ibmSzCrARpe7k0.gif

I came here for this.

Dammmmmn. Best episode in a long time. That first half hour is up there with the best of the series. And to cap that half hour off with the epic double window toss.

I was laughing my ass off when Jack just tossed Margot out like yesterday's garbage. I was NOT expecting that. I was expecting the normal "take them into custody, they will escape or someone else will kill them" bullshit the show always does. But no. Jack doesn't give a fuck anymore, and thank god.

I don't understand why Jack killed her though. I can understand killing the son, but doesn't make sense in case there was another part of her plan. Just seems stupid.

I like thinking that Jack throwing the son out the window was a spur of the moment thing since the opportunity presented itself. But he looked down and saw the splatter, and it felt REALLY good. So he wanted to get that same high again, so he threw mommy out too.

Horseress

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS EPISODE! What an insane passe, goddammit! So much action, too fucking good

and about gifs, I need one of the scene where the camera shows Jack and then he asks if the president is ok then it shows Heller. Too good

Rich!

So would everyone agree that Adrian was in on this from the start?

He disassociated himself with Derrick Yates at the start to Jack...but I think he knew exactly what Yates was doing, and was essentially using him and Margot to achieve his goal.

Now Margot has screwed up, he's taken it into his own hands

Yeah?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Now, can you imagine the 1st actress chosen in Margot's role. Judy Davis I think her name was. Maybe she didn't care for being tossed out a window.

I think I yelled "Mother. Fucking. Jack Bauer." and "BIG BOSS!" about 6 times in that episode.

iZCkd6fW6ZFh5.gif

So good. How many episodes we have left?

edit:

We need a gif of Jack out of nowhere popping out on top of the box and shooting the guy.

tenz0r

So would everyone agree that Adrian was in on this from the start?

He disassociated himself with Derrick Yates at the start to Jack...but I think he knew exactly what Yates was doing, and was essentially using him and Margot to achieve his goal.

Now Margot has screwed up, he's taken it into his own hands

Yeah?

It's possible, but he keeps saying he's just the "middleman" meaning there is someone he is reporting to, or working for. With only three episodes left, and this season possibly being the last, I hope they reveal the final villain to be someone of significance from 24 past history. Please don't disappoint me 24 writers!

Rich!

It's possible, but he keeps saying he's just the "middleman" meaning there is someone he is reporting to, or working for. With only three episodes left, and this season possibly being the last, I hope they reveal the final villain to be someone of significance from 24 past history. Please don't disappoint me 24 writers!

Chinese, Russia or Tony

There's literally no one else lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Goddamn that was completely bad-ass apart from the heller reveal which kind of soured the conclusion of last week, oh well.

I love how in the preview features
A ONE-ON-ONE BOSS FIGHT and a METAL GEAR... NUCLEAR SUBMARINE
. 24 is truly the MGS of TV shows.

I knew Heller was still alive! Man, that episode was incredible. It's possible that I'm being prisoner of the moment here, but that may be my all-time favorite episode of 24. I didn't feel that there was one slow moment during that episode; things were moving at a nice pace, and a lot was accomplished throughout the episode. Beautiful stuff!

TL;DR:

18q0fwqy9nh49gif.gif

That individual in this thread who predicted exactly what would happen with regards to Heller must either have a PhD in 24 twists or have cracked through the firewalls in firewalls to enter the 24/48-bit quad core database used to store the 24 scripts.
Yes that combination of jargon is done specifically to mimic the nonsense spouted by technical characters in 24 and is not meant to be serious or sensible.

This episode was absolutely fantastic and I'm so glad Jack Bauer's window throw, climbing shot, and the McDonalds man have been giffed already. I hope Chloe doesn't die. EDIT: Actually, I hope Jack doesn't develop selective amnesia and kill Chloe after everything she's done for him just because she went with Adrian.

That individual in this thread who predicted exactly what would happen with regards to Heller must either have a PhD in 24 twists or have cracked through the firewalls in firewalls to enter the 24/48-bit quad core database used to store the 24 scripts.
Yes that combination of jargon is done specifically to mimic the nonsense spouted by technical characters in 24 and is not meant to be serious or sensible.

This episode was absolutely fantastic and I'm so glad Jack Bauer's window throw, climbing shot, and the McDonalds man have been giffed already. I hope Chloe doesn't die. EDIT: Actually, I hope Jack doesn't develop selective amnesia and kill Chloe after everything she's done for him just because she went with Adrian.

PhD in 24...I'll take it.

Jackpot

Banned
Sucks how kowtowing the brits are being. The US's shitty drone policy with the shitty drone base on our soil that was being protested. Dying was the least Heller could have done.

Zaph

Sucks how kowtowing the brits are being. The US's shitty drone policy with the shitty drone base on our soil that was being protested. Dying was the least Heller could have done.

"We're so grateful for your help Mr. America, it was only your shitty drones and sub par security that caused hundreds of people to die in the first place."

I suppose at least they acknowledged the RAF's existence as a possible solution.

This season has been weird. 24 is a pulpy and ridiculous show, but they seem to have turned it up to 11 while turning the budget down to 1. From the CGI to the dialogue and acting, everything feels so cheap and rushed. Starting to feel more like a fan film than a real show.

It's like they went to all this trouble to film in London, then hired the worst British actors they could find.

Top Bottom