• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Rich!

Absolutely. Given that Cross is targeting a "Chinese aircraft carrier", I think it's a no-brainer.

my theory:

Adrian is employed by the chinese, hence his connection with Navarro. They found out about the override device being sent to one of their agents (Navarro) and tasked Adrian with gaining access to it. They are prepared to take a loss of one of their carriers in a naval attack (as shown in the preview) in order to have justification for taking out attacks on USA/UK installations including the drone program which was confirmed earlier in the season as enroaching on chinese territory.

Of course, the man in London to pick up the override is none other than Cheng, who was - as he told Buchanan in S6, absolutely not forgotten by the Chinese government who obviously got him released/exchanged.

that's my guess. all of this stuff is just too well placed for it to be coincidence. The problem is, where the fuck do the russians come into this?

do you agree with my theory?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Synopses for episodes 10 and 11:

Episode 10-
Jack and Chloe have a plan in place to eliminate the terrorist threat before any more attacks rock London. With no time to spare and lives on the line, Jack and Kate pursue crucial leads in an attempt to gain the upper hand on the incredibly intense circumstances. Meanwhile, key players reveal their true colors in the all-new “Day 9: 7:00 PM-8:00 PM” episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY airing Monday, June 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-909) (TV-14 L, V)

Episode 11-
In the penultimate episode, Audrey pursues diplomatic channels to try to prevent a full-scale war. Meanwhile, Jack Bauer leads Kate Morgan and Mark Boudreau on a mission to locate their target before it's too late and the world is changed forever in the all-new "Day 9: 9:00 PM - 10:00 PM" episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY airing Monday, July 7 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-911) (TV-14 L, V)

There's a missing hour in here. The 1st synopsis is for the episode that aired last night.

Tamanon

Banned
Here's the real summary for the next episode.

With only three episodes remaining, Jack Bauer's harrowing day crescendos as he pursues final leads at all costs. The emotional toll of the day's events escalates when Kate Morgan learns the truth about her husband and Audrey confronts Boudreau about his duplicity. Making matters incredibly worse, the scope of the terror threat widens and the potential devastation reaches new heights in the all-new "Day 9: 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM" episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY on Monday, June 30 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-910) (TV-14 L, V)

Read more: Listings - 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20140616fox02/#ixzz35aotFO00

Why did Jack kill her?

Do we not think this is out of character? Jack has generally had a certain perverse sense of justice and revenge. She almost surely had useful information.

I think it's a lame way for the writers to create a "shocking moment" and clear house so they can focus on the final act of the override and Jack vs Russia.

Tamanon

Banned
Why did Jack kill her?

Do we not think this is out of character? Jack has generally had a certain perverse sense of justice and revenge. She almost surely had useful information.

I think it's a lame way for the writers to create a "shocking moment" and clear house so they can focus on the final act of the override and Jack vs Russia.

It would only make sense if she had done something more personal to Jack in the time between seasons. Just doesn't seem like him, IMO. Think it just was the writers wanting to get to the next threat quickly.

Rich!

Why did Jack kill her?

uh well, let's recap

1. Jack Bauer executing Victor and Andre Drazen in Season 1, emptying an entire round on Victor and then some.

2. Shooting Mashall Goren in the chest and hacksawing his head off in Season 2.

3. Killing Nina in S3.

4. Executing David Palmer's unarmed and downed killer instead of taking him in for questioning in S5, shocking Chloe and Derek.

5. Executing an unarmed Christopher Henderson instead of arresting him in S5.

6. Executing an unarmed Dana Walsh instead of questioning her.

7. Torturing and gutting Pavel in S8.

8. Brutally killing the entire russian consul in S8.

Add to this, Jack Bauer now has a presidential pardon for not only all of that, but also everything he does in S9. So, considering how he's explicitly stated how much he absolutely hates terrorists a few episodes prior, were his actions really out of character?

I don't think so.

ultron87

Jack's been showing a relatively ruthless streak this whole season. He doesn't stop to ask questions or talk to people. He just punches dudes out for their cars and shoots protesters in the legs. He can't help torturing Simone a little bit because "he hates these people so much" and wants Kate to "wake the bitch up".

I can't tell if it is just doubling down on his archetype or if it is an actual plot point that will be addressed at some point.

Rich!

I can't tell if it is just doubling down on his archetype or if it is an actual plot point that will be addressed at some point.

"There's no going back for me"

Up until an hour ago, Bauer assumed he was going to jail. So he quite rightly did not give a shit. He wanted the job done, he got it done under any circumstances - and as he's stated many many times before, the end justifies the means. Nothing more to look into than that.

Vibranium

Banned
What an awesome episode, seriously classic 24. Navarro shitting his pants and taking off was great, nothing like a good old mole chase. Cross seems to have Chloe as insurance against Jack.

And Jack executing Margot seemed in line with him to me, he really doesn't give a fuck. He's taken out so many terrorist leaders at this point, I seriously doubt it really matters.

Rich!

So how is this season?

close to matching Season 5 (which is the best)

it wont overtake it as 5 had Logan. But S9 is the best 24 has been in years, and the last episode was quite possibly the best ever. It was literally flawless 24 last night

Vibranium

Banned
close to matching Season 5 (which is the best)

it wont overtake it as 5 had Logan. But S9 is the best 24 has been in years, and the last episode was quite possibly the best ever. It was literally flawless 24 last night

Yep, last night was amazing. It won't cure people who are tired of the formula, but it was great if you're a fan who has stuck by this show.

Jack throwing Ian and Margot off the roof was straight-up Assassin's Creed. Too bad MGSV doesn't seem to have anything like that.

Other than the chickenshit cop-out with Heller, you mean?

They've killed way too many presidents already.

As I said, Jack has a perverse sense of personal justice, I just don't think it works entirely with Margo.

1. Jack Bauer executing Victor and Andre Drazen in Season 1, emptying an entire round on Victor and then some.
Revenge for kidnapping and almost killing his family, a few times. In fact he thought they had killed Kim at that stage.

2. Shooting Mashall Goren in the chest and hacksawing his head off in Season 2.
I think this is works in your favour, that the show runners think (correctly) people won't be upset at Jack executing a paedophile to find a nuclear bomb.

3. Killing Nina in S3.
Revenge for actually killing Terry.

4. Executing David Palmer's unarmed and downed killer instead of taking him in for questioning in S5, shocking Chloe and Derek.
Revenge for actually killing David Palmer.

5. Executing an unarmed Christopher Henderson instead of arresting him in S5.
Revenge for organising and actioning the deaths of Michelle, Tony and Palmer.

6. Executing an unarmed Dana Walsh instead of questioning her.
Revenge for actually her involvement in Renee's death.

7. Torturing and gutting Pavel in S8.
Revenge for actually killing Renee.

8. Brutally killing the entire russian consul in S8.
Revenge for their involvement in Renee's death.
Very personal motivation lead executions, unlike Margo's, in my opinion.

Edit: And Blader says in one line, what I say in 20.

Rich!

Who gives a shit whether margot was thrown out a window or not?

Would you have preferred her to be kept alive? No, we want Bauer to fuck terrorists up and throw them out of goddamn motherfucking windows until the cows come home.

Lonestar

To me, Jack's been pissed of for a few years, and is holding a huge grudge, aimed at almost anyone in his way. Seems like he's mostly been pissed off because America just directly labeled him a terrorist from his actions at the end of Season 8, without hearing his side of the story (who knows if anyone knew about the Russians role in the plot of the entire day, besides Jack, the previous president, Hasaan's family, and the Russians.)

That, and all those deaths before Season 8 were probably already pardoned/forgiven. He was on the run for killing the ambassador with the FirePoker, and planning to assassinate the Russian President.

Basically, Jack's long been "snapped" and is a borderline bad guy already.

Anyone laugh at the emotional swing of throwing people out windows, to giddily having an ID/Mole Hunt chase with Navarro. Jack was ecstatic at having an information race.

Also, yeah, 24's killed/maimed alot of presidents. In fact, I don't think one has made it through unscathed, except for maybe the Season 6 VP (post Wayne Palmer) Unprecedented 8 or 9 presidents in what's about 15-20 years of time (counting offscreen VP's coming in for Logan and the lady president who I can't remember her name)

dLMN8R

My belief about why he killed her is pretty simple - he's had way too much experience with incompetence to know that if he let Margot go, she'd eventually find a way to escape. Problem solved.

Lonestar

That doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly contrived and immediately contradictory of what we already saw taking place moments before.

2x12h.jpg

I figured there would be a TV Trope on video editing/looping murder, but it's not listed. I know they did it with Sayid Ali, and they did it a handful of other times (think season 6 might have been one, where they stormed an apartment building).

So, griping because they didn't walk everyone through the plan, even though we could see Chloe was working on something related to the video system on the drone.

That doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly contrived and immediately contradictory of what we already saw taking place moments before.

To me it was just obvious by the way the camera cut away right as Jack was trying to stop Heller as he was walking towards the pitch.

Jack had a plan, he always has a plan.

Tugatrix

Damn it, Jack just throws Catelynn Stark and Bran 2.0 out of the window, red droning.

RIP Bootleg Milo you idiocy won't be forgotten

Was obvious the interest Cross had in the override device

Oh Chloe

Bigfoot

As I said, Jack has a perverse sense of personal justice, I just don't think it works entirely with Margo.

Very personal motivation lead executions, unlike Margo's, in my opinion.

Edit: And Blader says in one line, what I say in 20.

Throws Margot out the window
Revenge for blowing up a hospital, trying to blow up Jack, and for almost killing Heller

I don't see why people think his action last night is out of character for Jack. It's totally in character... some of you are acting like Jack did a 180° or something. It also made for an awesome 24 moment.

Throws Margot out the window
Revenge for blowing up a hospital, trying to blow up Jack, and for almost killing Heller

I don't see why people think his action last night is out of character for Jack. It's totally in character... some of you are acting like Jack did a 180° or something. It also made for an awesome 24 moment.
Very little of that seems personal in comparision to Jack's other executions, as I said.
We disagree clearly.

Blader

I'm not saying it wasn't a cool scene, it was, it just didn't make any sense to literally toss away who probably would have made for a good source of intel (being a major terrorist leader who was alive and in custody). Jack's executed people in cold blood before, but nearly always because they've killed someone he loves. Margot was no more despised by Jack than Marwan or something.

If this ends up being the end of the show, they better throw Mandy back in there.

zugzug

sorry but after last nights episode I feel like we are watching something from a political party advertisement of how beautiful Murica is again and how they never do anything wrong....

man is it painful....

gorfyako

Banned
No, it really doesn't. David Palmer? Michelle Dessler?

Love that neither of them got one, but Edgar did. Either way, it's about the moment. We're minutes into the season. WAY too early to have a silent clock. Palmer and Michelle's deaths were more shocking than emotional as well. Heller's death wasn't shocking as we knew the whole episode that he was going to bite it. It was more emotional; it was deserving of a silent clock. But we didn't get one, just like how we didn't get one after Tony's "death".

And as for Jack throwing Margot: I still think it's out of character. All those cold-blooded murders in previous seasons were much more personal than anything Margot has done to Jack. This is basically, "Jack is a kick-ass action hero, why would a kick-ass action hero take in the terrorist?" I accept it because 24 has changed and this season is basically 24 on steroids and Ritalin, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's out of character.

Tookay

sorry but after last nights episode I feel like we are watching something from a political party advertisement of how beautiful Murica is again and how they never do anything wrong....

man is it painful....

??

You realize this is a show that revolves around shadowy cabals controlling US foreign policy, false flag operations, and incompetent/evil presidents right?

Top Bottom