• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Uh so is jack gonna bang kate? I wanna see the girl who plays Kate in a bikini or bra

Blader

I don't get why people are mad about the Heller thing. They don't kill sitting Presidents. They just don't. I guess it's too sensitive. They've killed two off-screen, though. Wayne dies somewhere between S6 and S7, because he never recovers. And the S4 president whose name I forget dies later on after the Air Force One crash, again between seasons.

Because it was a bad twist?

Looks like there's an uncredited writier for episodes 11 and 12...Kiefer Sutherland. From Bootleg Milo's actor:

and apparently, Kiefer improvised/wrote the heller confrontation at the end of S6.

That's interesting, especially since that scene was one of the only good things about that whole season.

Because it was a bad twist?

Well, I get that, but... I suppose what I really meant was why people are so surprised. They've set a precedent.

That's interesting, especially since that scene was one of the only good things about that whole season.

I always find it interesting Kiefer can keep it all straight in his head, considering shooting takes place out of order and he claims he's never watched a single finished episode of the show; he doesn't watch his own work.

Vibranium

Banned
Well, I get that, but... I suppose what I really meant was why people are so surprised. They've set a precedent.

I always find it interesting Kiefer can keep it all straight in his head, considering shooting takes place out of order and he claims he's never watched a single finished episode of the show; he doesn't watch his own work.

Yeah, I think the big setpieces stick with him though.

I'm actually curious as to whether Kiefer's played MGSV Ground Zeroes or not, especially since it's a pretty short 'game prologue' if you only do the the main mission. Seems easier than having to watch himself through tons of seasons of 24 and his other projects.

lol, dat Fulton recovery

LOL

really surprised none of yall gif or webmed the other amazing bauer moment of the eps.
http://a.pomf.se/pjbrid.webm
god damn.
I asked for this earlier..Thanks for delivering! For some reason, this part totally reminded me of this:

ptxtemA.gif

Nah. This is the most OTT and silliest season yet. I'm not having some of this stuff. Never used to laugh watching 24 before this one.
I think it's a weird tone issue, that the shortened season length has heightened the pacing issue to the point there is no break and little come down.
It's a catch 22, but there is at least no filler like Dana shoving a social worker into the walls of CTU.

Rich!

I personally think that whilst Kiefer doesn't watch the show, and as such hasn't got a good idea of all the plot point that have happened over the years, he knows more about Jack Bauer than anyone else on earth. He's lived and breathed this role for over a decade now and a significant part of Bauer's character is directly down to Kiefer.

devilhawk

We should go back to the season where the terrorist kidnapped the Secretary of State, attempted to shut down every nuclear power plant, stole a stealth plane to shoot down Air Force One, and then attempt to use the nuclear football found in the wreckage to initiate a nuclear strike.

Or maybe we should go back to the seriousness of the season where Muslim terrorists detonated a nuclear weapon in Valencia and nobody cared an hour later, and Jack's brother and father were behind it, and there were Russian dissidents helping them, and the Chinese held a practically brain-dead Audrey hostage while attacking CTU so they can get security codes from one of the nukes; in the meantime there is a conspiracy in the White House to kill the president and a reformed terrorist risks his life to save him, but he sorta fails so the new president takes over and has to investigate his former lover's affair with some dude connected to the conspiracy?

Or would you prefer that we go back to the season that resurrected a formerly likable protagonist, made him a quadruple agent, in his plot to obtain a device that messed with air traffic control systems, which was really part of a ploy to help these African warlords invade the White House through subterranean passages, which was really part of a ploy to get closer to a PMC, which was really part of a ploy to expose the man who was behind the assassination of Palmer and Michelle Dessler (who we previously thought was killed by an assassin working for a White House official working for a former CTU agent working for the POTUS working for Jack's family)?
As someone who has powered through the entire catalog for the first time in the last few months I can say your post is very accurate. The "silliness" seems equatable with past seasons.

ICKE

Banned
Was just watching season six and I spat my coffee :

Fayed shoots random civilians in a bar, the crowd goes crazy and Bauer comes to rescue.

Man : "He shot my friend :("
Bauer : "I'm sorry about your friend, we'll get a med..."
Fayed : "I HOPE YOUR FRIEND IS DEAD!"
*Bauer kicks Fayed*

.GqueB.

Banned
I personally think that whilst Kiefer doesn't watch the show, and as such hasn't got a good idea of all the plot point that have happened over the years, he knows more about Jack Bauer than anyone else on earth. He's lived and breathed this role for over a decade now and a significant part of Bauer's character is directly down to Kiefer.
Really?

So spoiler tags and speculation aside, we really need to address something extremely important that we've seemingly glossed over...

The Game of Drones has ended
(Or has it? Override device / Cross / etc etc)
. As such, this thread requires a new title! Here are the nominees put forth thus far:
24: Live Another Day |OT| Cats Don't Always Land On Their Feet
24: Live Another Day |OT| Well that plan's gone out the window
24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones - You Win Or You Fly
House Bauer - They're Shooting At Us
House Bauer- Dammit!
24: Live Another Day lOTl It's Raining Terrorist Hallejulah!
24: Live Another Day |OT| Bauer is Coming
24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Throws
24: Live Another Day |OT| She's been Behroozed

I think I got them all, apologies if I missed you! Other suggestions?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thinking of Aidan Cross being a hacker, with Aidan Pierce from Watch_Dogs. Trying to come up with some kind of parody title. Override_Dog, Cross_Dog. But it's just not working.

I mean, what is Michael Wincott most known for? To me (for some reason), I think it was Costner's Robin Hood movie. He's the type of actor where you go "I know that guy from somewhere" but you can't actually place where it was.

Blader

We should go back to the season where the terrorist kidnapped the Secretary of State, attempted to shut down every nuclear power plant, stole a stealth plane to shoot down Air Force One, and then attempt to use the nuclear football found in the wreckage to initiate a nuclear strike.

Or maybe we should go back to the seriousness of the season where Muslim terrorists detonated a nuclear weapon in Valencia and nobody cared an hour later, and Jack's brother and father were behind it, and there were Russian dissidents helping them, and the Chinese held a practically brain-dead Audrey hostage while attacking CTU so they can get security codes from one of the nukes; in the meantime there is a conspiracy in the White House to kill the president and a reformed terrorist risks his life to save him, but he sorta fails so the new president takes over and has to investigate his former lover's affair with some dude connected to the conspiracy?

Or would you prefer that we go back to the season that resurrected a formerly likable protagonist, made him a quadruple agent, in his plot to obtain a device that messed with air traffic control systems, which was really part of a ploy to help these African warlords invade the White House through subterranean passages, which was really part of a ploy to get closer to a PMC, which was really part of a ploy to expose the man who was behind the assassination of Palmer and Michelle Dessler (who we previously thought was killed by an assassin working for a White House official working for a former CTU agent working for the POTUS working for Jack's family)?

That last one made my head spin. :lol

Tamanon

Banned
has jack ever banged anyone during the show?

events happen in real time.

I don't think so, he knows the perils of what that real-time can do to his reputation.

I mean look at the Al-Harazi guy. 3 minute sex, manipulated by the mom, killed off without really doing much, and then it turns out his big important job could be done by someone who was just watching him for a few hours.

I don't get why people are mad about the Heller thing. They don't kill sitting Presidents. They just don't. I guess it's too sensitive. They've killed two off-screen, though. Wayne dies somewhere between S6 and S7, because he never recovers. And the S4 president whose name I forget dies later on after the Air Force One crash, again between seasons.

What? that is in the middle of the season.

What? that is in the middle of the season.

He survives the crash, because, like I say, they don't kill sitting presidents on-screen. There's a whole scene where the people at CTU are watching a video feed of people searching the wreckage, and they find him alive, albeit incapacitated, so Logan takes over. In Series 5 (or in some S5-timing spin-off media) they mention he died later on, he never recovered. Same with Wayne, who survives S6, but dies before S7 from his S6 injuries. (Though one of the writers says he likes Wayne too much to let this be his personal canon, and so because it only appeared in the background in Redemption (it was on a news report in the background that Wayne had died), he thinks they could still upturn that if they wanted to bring him back.

He survives the crash, because, like I say, they don't kill sitting presidents on-screen. There's a whole scene where the people at CTU are watching a video feed of people searching the wreckage, and they find him alive, albeit incapacitated, so Logan takes over. In Series 5 (or in some S5-timing spin-off media) they mention he died later on, he never recovered. Same with Wayne, who survives S6, but dies before S7 from his S6 injuries. (Though one of the writers says he likes Wayne too much to let this be his personal canon, and so because it only appeared in the background in Redemption (it was on a news report in the background that Wayne had died), he thinks they could still upturn that if they wanted to bring him back.

oh snap, never mind then!

ultron87

I don't think this would happen at this point but it would be really funny if Mark power play's the President by going "well I have this signed letter of resignation from you right here, Mr. President."

So spoiler tags and speculation aside, we really need to address something extremely important that we've seemingly glossed over...

The Game of Drones has ended
(Or has it? Override device / Cross / etc etc)
. As such, this thread requires a new title! Here are the nominees put forth thus far:

I think I got them all, apologies if I missed you! Other suggestions?

24 Live Another Day |OT| For Jack Everyday is Tuesday

Blader

When the name "Marlowe" lit up on Jack's phone, did anyone else read it as Marwan at first glance?

That would've been a strange twist

Rich!

When the name "Marlowe" lit up on Jack's phone, did anyone else read it as Marwan at first glance?

That would've been a strange twist

i read it as marlow, one of my mates

who happens to be the person in my avatar (with a baby filter)

Haha, this show is so silly, and so over the top, yet i watch it week after week. Dat Bauer addiction.

I lost my shit when Jack
threw Margot out of that window, hilarious.

Top Bottom