• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

As I slowly try to compile a mega list of links to GAF-24 topics, came across a topic in 2006, where early word was that the upcoming 24 movie was to be filmed in London ;P

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98804&highlight=24
Awesome. I've been digging through old posts too, found some comedy gold (at least to me!):
Dear 24 staff:

Thank you for not starting this season with a
"
mole
"
in a Batcave.

Signed,
metsallica
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=856236&postcount=258

Wish the previous forum was archived somewhere!

EDIT: WHOA, that was weird. Had no idea that post was incoming, Lonestar! My wish was kinda granted!

I did! I totally forgot I had that awful ::lurk lurk lurk:: tag; I used to sign my posts that way, it drove people CRAZY. Which was the only reason I did it!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
heh, you sure did. Hello fellow old-timer!

You still have that avatar :lol

Debated a few weeks ago to track down my old one, when 24 was announced to be back:
site1028.jpg

But I liked the newer image I'm using.

Still think this is the only time Jack's dropped an actual curse. The season 4 DVD prequel

Lonestar

We need some sort of Cinco De Bauer image up in here.

dPBrNT4.jpg

There we go.

jBYKb69.jpg

He's well ahead of us at this point, today.

real curious if the quality of the action is upped a bit. 24 was good for its time, but i feel like action in tv have really stepped up its game the past few years with arrow, PoI, etc.

btw: how does fox shows usually work, are they on hulu or their own site the day after, or should i get a itunes season sub?

Lonestar

Having this 12 episode season, means that 24 joins the list of 200+ episodes Hour Long Drama's, as it moves past the X-Files, Walker Texas Ranger and Little House on the Prairie. Still behind 20-30 other shows (more if you get into Soap Opera's, Comedies, etc)

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
People, be careful talking about "something big happening in a matter of hours." Jack Bauer is out and about

I can't get into season 8. I've tried so many times. I'm just going to have to assume that I won't need any knowledge of season 8 going into this.

Arkos

So pop quiz hotshot:

Will Jack kill anybody tonight?
If so, how many?

Will Jack torture anybody tonight?
If so, how many?

optional:

Will Jack cast a longing gaze at Audrey?
If so, how many?

Yeah, definitely muscle through it for the last 8-10 episodes.

Season 8 can drag at certain parts. And the subplot with Dana is pretty annoying at first (it quickly becomes entertaining though if you embrace its absurdity), but there are so many cool moments. It's totally worth it!

Lonestar

So pop quiz hotshot:

If so, how many?

If so, how many?

optional:

If so, how many?

I'll go with:
no
won't see

Tugatrix

If so, how many?

Yes, three mates

If so, how many?

No, but he will threaten someone

optional:

If so, how many?

Not yet maybe by ep 3

Arkos

I'll go with:
no
won't see

Hmm. I like those. I'll go with

5 (counting on a terrorist attack for this one)
depending on your definition, 1 (and this one as well)
2 (and this could also be him seeing her on tv, ehhh?)

Lonestar

Just to put in perspective:
Jack Kills in the 1st hour of the "days"
season 1 - 0
season 2 - 1 (Did he say Hacksaw?)
season 3 - 0
season 4 - 0
season 5 - 4 (You're Welcome, David)
season 6 - 1 (TEETH)
season 7 - 1 (Not-Tony guy)
season 8 - 2 (Yep, that's 2 alright)

So, I feel good on 3, but wonder if that counts just the 1st hour, or the 2 as one.

Arkos

Damn bringing the stats. I also wonder if they count the first 2 hours or not though. Also, remember he has to do twice as much killing because he has only half the time. Edit: for myself I'm talking about the entire 2 hours tonight

Lonestar

looking back at the stats, nothing would change if assumed those were 2 hour premiers. Some seasons it was 3-5 episodes in before killing, 1st season he didn't kill till the 2nd episode (24 wasn't an "event" like it ended up being), and the rest had more Jack Attack in hour 3 or later.

Question: Would the Jack/Audrey gaze be "in person" or "Jack looking at a TV screen with Audrey on it"?

Arkos

So extrapolating from that we should start going crazy in the second hour tonight :p

Top Bottom