• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Finale description:
JACK BAUER’S RETURN TO ACTION REACHES A DRAMATIC CONCLUSION ON THE EVENT SERIES FINALE OF “24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY” MONDAY, JULY 14, ON FOX

In the highly anticipated season finale, the clock ticks toward the final seconds of Jack Bauer’s most heroic day. As the world teeters on a terror plot of mass proportions, Jack and the team reunite one last time to avert an imminent international crisis. With little time left and the fate of the free world on the line, Jack is faced with an unthinkable and grave decision. Lives will be lost and the American administration will grapple with the day’s most devastating news as the clock stops in the all-new “Day 9: 10:00 PM – 11:00 AM” Event Series Finale episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY airing Monday, July 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-912) (TV-14 L, V)

bndadm

You know season 8 had a fantastic second half but the overall stakes were different and I felt the last 2 episodes were good but not great as a series finale. I mean Jack didn't even shoot anyone.

This however is season 5 escalation with each week leaving my jaw on the floor wondering how are they going to save the day? With season 7's ending petering out, I forgot how galvanizing and amazing 24 is when it gets down to the end.

This is a testament to the writers and the directors for making Live Another Day feel fresh with hints of old 24.

Here's your 24: Live Another Day 2 spoiler: Jack and Aaron Pierce form a private security company and their client/rivals aren't all they think they are. You know Aaron's in the private sector and Jack deserves to get paid.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Finale description:
JACK BAUER’S RETURN TO ACTION REACHES A DRAMATIC CONCLUSION ON THE EVENT SERIES FINALE OF “24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY” MONDAY, JULY 14, ON FOX

In the highly anticipated season finale, the clock ticks toward the final seconds of Jack Bauer’s most heroic day. As the world teeters on a terror plot of mass proportions, Jack and the team reunite one last time to avert an imminent international crisis. With little time left and the fate of the free world on the line, Jack is faced with an unthinkable and grave decision. Lives will be lost and the American administration will grapple with the day’s most devastating news as the clock stops in the all-new “Day 9: 10:00 PM – 11:00 AM” Event Series Finale episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY airing Monday, July 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-912) (TV-14 L, V)

Not liking the multiple 'Series" "Stops" and "Last Time." But hey, that didn't stop them before.

WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!

This is reaching greatest season ever status! The amazing episodes don't stop coming!!!!!

Cheng!!!!!!! Jack vs Russia and China! WW3! Shit head in the white house! Chloe in trouble! How the hell does all this get resolved in 2 epiosodes!?

I loved everything about the episode. They brought out the Jack torture, the immunity and then had one badass fake out. Sarah Walker is so beautiful, even when she cries. The best fembauer ever, I wish she was on the show much earlier. Poor Chuck. :(

Tamanon

Banned
Finale description:

Hmm...

Team reunite? Tony?

bndadm

I have to give credit to the actor who plays Mark Boudrou. He comes off to me as still a sympathetic character despite his emotional rash decisions that will come back to bite him in the rear.

Although personally...Audrey isn't worth it. But that's my thing. Needs to get with that red-head Connie Britton from season 5.

giphy.gif

Love it!

Russians, Chinese, and Jacks. OH MY!

This should be the new thread tittle lol!

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
so I guess Derek can become a true alpha lol

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wonder if Jack will save a Russian asset somehow to be forgiven. Really, with only two episodes left, it seems like such a stupid plot thread that shouldn't be there.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Wonder if Jack will save a Russian asset somehow to be forgiven. Really, with only two episodes left, it seems like such a stupid plot thread that shouldn't be there.

lol yeah I know right? How will they cover all this in 2 episodes. Now I think they spent way more time on Al-Harazi's story. It was nothing compare to what's happening now. We will see though.

The funny thing is, this is now halfway into a normal season of 24, almost, and this feels like the kind of 'mid-season shift' they always used to do - Nuke in LA/Conspiracy, Virus Trade/Virus Containment, etc. You could probably do another 8 or 10 hours on this plot line as they did with the drone stuff, so it'll be fascinating to see how it gets handled in two.

Also (Episode 12 FORMAT spoiler)
Fascinated to see how the last episode taking place across 13 hours works. How will they represent that on the clock? Will it just flick around, or will it 'fast forward' the clock visually, etc.

bndadm

I have to do a re-watch, but was the same dump truck/large truck the Russian's used to hit Bauer the SAME one that Chloe tried to flag down earlier? I thought they looked the same and I can't imagine them using the same truck for two different scenes.

Edit: Confirmed it is not the same truck. The one Chloe flagged down had a company name on the door. The Russian one did not. Coincidence averted.

dkeane

I have to do a re-watch, but was the same dump truck/large truck the Russian's used to hit Bauer the SAME one that Chloe tried to flag down earlier? I thought they looked the same and I can't imagine them using the same truck for two different scenes.
It is funny that there's a bunch of people being hit by trucks/buses this season . Ha

Vire

Amazing what a little time off can do.

This is the best 24 season I can remember in a seriously long long time. Really great episode tonight.

bndadm

It is funny that there's a bunch of people being hit by trucks/buses this season . Ha

Ha, I know! It was because of that that I thought Navarro was about to be run over (turned out it was the Tac team arriving), then my wife thought Jack getting hit at the end was an accident at first.

Simone's Double Decker makes it more surprising when someone doesn't actually get run over.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hahahaha, shit. Well Jack, you got two hours to solve WW3. Go!

The whole override device premise is so goofy though. Like every country had this standard firewall that can just be hacked into... xD Ah, 24, how would your plot work without impossible tech?

985boi

Oh shit, did anybody catch Philip Winchester from "Strike Back"? I'm hoping somebody from 24 is a fan of the show and casted him that small role.

bndadm

Hahahaha, shit. Well Jack, you got two hours to solve WW3. Go!

The whole override device premise is so goofy though. Like every country had this standard firewall that can just be hacked into... xD Ah, 24, how would your plot work without impossible tech?

Yeah, it does make me wish sometimes for the more difficult tasks that season 1 and 2 had setup. These devices could use more fleshing out but I let it slide for 24.

Arthos

Don't see Chloe making it out alive. Seriously though, this season has been pretty damn good. With the exception of maybe one episode, I haven't been disappointed. I hope this mini-season warrants more in the coming future! Depending on how this season ends I might go as far as to say 12 episodes > 24.

Oh man, what is even going on?!

Cheng´s back, shooting torpedoes at Chinese ships, Russians going after Jack, Adrian dead.

It´s gonna start WWIII and Jack will stop it and he is going to be exiled again anyway. Poor dude can´t win.

Sean

Banned
Oh shit, did anybody catch Philip Winchester from "Strike Back"? I'm hoping somebody from 24 is a fan of the show and casted him that small role.

Yeah I noticed that too, was cool to see. The actor that played Sinclair on Strike Back also appeared in a small role an episode or two ago (as the doctor working on Simone in CIA medical room).

Someone on 24 definitely seems to be a Strike Back fan.

bndadm

if the guy designed the device, why does he need to get it back? Can't he just build a new one?

I believe he said that Yates contributed but the majority of the work was his. I'm sure the prospect of trying to track down someone who had Yates ideals and skillsets, along with the access algorithm or whatever it uses, might be outdated soon if the various nations beef up their...whatever misc technobabble.

Maddocks

That's the type of ending I love. Shit just got real, but for real real. No fake outs, no tricks. A actual strike that was hit and will carry weight.

Full immunity is not on the table, but your hand is.

Damn, that's one of my favorite lines of the whole series. Another thoroughly entertaining episode tonight.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amazing what a little time off can do.

This is the best 24 season I can remember in a seriously long long time. Really great episode tonight.

I don't think it's the time off. I think the half season just has things moving much more briskly, which is a great thing.

That's the type of ending I love. Shit just got real, but for real real. No fake outs, no tricks. A actual strike that was hit and will carry weight.

Nice subversion of expectations. Normally you see the Sub captain check the orders, talk it over with staff, have some moral dilemma. A race against the clock to stop the launch.

Nope.

He got orders, he fires off those torpedoes in less than 3 minutes.

That was an all-timer of an episode. This is one of the best seasons ever, no lulls/filler at all. Just fucking beautiful. I love how they tied in what seemed like a relatively minor subplot (Kate's husband being framed and her eventually finding out) into WORLD WAR 3. Tied it in perfectly.

Top Bottom