• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

foxtrot3d

Banned
Hahahaha, shit. Well Jack, you got two hours to solve WW3. Go!

The whole override device premise is so goofy though. Like every country had this standard firewall that can just be hacked into... xD Ah, 24, how would your plot work without impossible tech?

Yeah, I just rolled my eyes at the Magical MacGuffin explanation. And now Jack has to solve WW3, again. I've been really down on this returned season and I really don't think the last couple episodes will make things any better. Everything is just so "24," and by that I mean done before and better, nothing really feels fresh. I'll be interested to see how it all turns out but I'm really disappointed with this "comeback" after being super excited for the return of 24. Now I remember why it was canceled in the first place.

Nameless

giphy.gif

Deserves to be requoted. Based Cheng still running shit

My piece of garbage TWC DVR decided Fox wasn't available tonight so it didn't record the episode... Sounds like I missed a great one, huh? C'mon Fox.com!

I feel like the nuclear submarine thing is coming out of nowhere. Nonetheless, last night's episode was one of the best.
I wasn't sure if this post from last week was a spoiler or not until watching tonight's episode. Please put any talk of the previews behind spoiler tags.

BBboy20

Hopefully the Yacht dude broke out Tony too.
If the video game still considered canon, that's not happening.

World War 3. Everyone worried about terrorists and yet, out of no where, the end of the world is about to happen. Having Chang be the true villain is a stroke of genius, which helps with his history of the show. This surely feels a lot more like a full-circle ending then Season 8 was with the very worst case scenario the show ever tantalized already happening.

where is my gif of Heller doing the thumbs up while drinking that sweet brown

dad, you can't mix alcholhol with your medica....awwww

BIG BOSS SAVING THE WORLD FROM WORLD WAR 3.

FUCK YEAH. DO IT.

WE ARE DIAMOND DOGS.

They really are upping the ante to the next level for this season. The stakes are high just for Jack to tear shit down.

Went back to read the episode reactions cracked me up so much. All the twists and turns. One of the best episodes of the season. RIP Cross. Thats what happens when you cross, double-cross, and get crossed yourself.

I think we are definitely overdue for a thread title change.

Yeah I'm jumping back on board for this. Trying to catch up via Hulu. Just finished the third episode. Jack shooting the protestors in the knee as a distraction won me over again. I'm sorry I ever doubted you, 24.

iAtoAExfmqumg.gif

Welcome back. Now go away from this thread, and let the legend come back to life by catching up to the latest episode!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Last night was fantastic. Like others said, I don't know how they are going to wrap all this up in 2 hours.

Also, I hope they decide to do another season. :(

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Is the last episode 2 hours?

Also, I thought for a minute that the Russians were gonna snag Jack and that the "torch would be passed" when she somehow broke him out of their grasp ala Raiden in MGS2.

However, it looks like the Russians aren't looking to take Bauer in alive. Guess Russia is gonna die at Jack's hand.

Boudreau needs to get Jack'd right in the face.

I laughed pretty hard at this - that thumbs up is amazing. There is no way that was written into the script. Heller is easily the second best President 24 has ever had.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That gif is great for "I'm ready/My Body is Ready" situations.

Also, good for the OT Drunk Topic.

Holy shit.

Now Bauer has to deal with the Chinese and the Russians again.

All this needs is Tony and Mandy to appear somehow (probably hid themselves on Air Force One) and the season will be perfect.

EDIT: Oh and I didn't like the line "My husband got a life sentence and a month into it he hung himself". I know it's a common error and really minor overall, but the misuse of 'hung' and 'hanged' bothers me.

EDIT 2: Oh and "You Sunk my Battleship..." is perfect.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
All this needs is Tony and Mandy to appear somehow (probably hid themselves on Air Force One) and the season will be perfect.

EDIT: Oh and I didn't like the line "My husband got a life sentence and a month into it he hung himself". I know it's a common error and really minor overall, but the misuse of 'hung' and 'hanged' bothers me.

EDIT 2: Oh and "You Sunk my Battleship..." is perfect.

Sometimes, or rather a lot of the times people don't speak "proper" English. Also we tend to go with what sounds better than what is correct. He hanged himself, sounds asinine, even if it is correct.

+1 for you sunk my battleship.

I can't believe there are just 2 episodes left. I did like 24 episodes but too much bullshit had to happen to stretch it out that long. This 12 episode format is just great. If only could we get it twice a year :-(

I doubt Chloe dies---they're not gonna slip that line/scene into the preview if they planned on going through it

BTM

Holy shit what a season. These last 2 episodes have been some of the best in the entire series. Going to be a crazy finish

Fox Mulder

Crazy episode.

would a sub really act that quickly though? They didn't even confirm with an actual human being before doing something with such huge consequences.

I recall a story about a Russian radar station getting a glitch showing incoming missiles and they did nothing.

Tamanon

Banned
Crazy episode.

would a sub really act that quickly though? They didn't even confirm with an actual human being before doing something with such huge consequences.

I recall a story about a Russian radar station getting a glitch showing incoming missiles and they did nothing.

I think at that depth they don't have voice communication. Although I find it hard to believe the only verification would be a code in a safe. I would think there would at least be some two-factor authentication.

Top Bottom