• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Tugatrix

Mostly luck. Jack first puts them together, because they ambushed him near the site where he believes the override to be. He probably first thought it was just the Russians, till he came across Chloe's audio recording. That's when he believes it's a Cheng/Russian Disco Party.

Could have easily been wrong if the Russians were just there for him, like we all believed. Perhaps if there were 24 episodes instead of 12, that's how things would have went down. One big Soviet Red Herring.

All this talk about Strike Back, and I'm not sure if I've ever heard of it. Watchable? I see it had Richard Armitage and The Walking Dead guy in season 1.

Has the best action scenes on TV, it's even better than most hollywood movies

Just check this one
http://31.media.tumblr.com/063f5c58553857935d6b8121d9fa1157/tumblr_mv2bd1ZW0P1rfyhlpo5_250.gif
(minor spoiler)

Just check this one
http://31.media.tumblr.com/063f5c58553857935d6b8121d9fa1157/tumblr_mv2bd1ZW0P1rfyhlpo5_250.gif
(minor spoiler)

looks pretty great. I probably should go back to that, found the pilot way back when to be a bit mediocre, but i still have them DVRed somewhere. Heard there is a lot of sex, so that has my interest.

Speaking of action tv shows, man was I sad when Human Target was canned. Some pretty great stuntwork for a tv show :(

YES! Cornballer all sync'd up for the finale. I knew you'd pop up eventually! And you absolutely must watch Season 5 if you haven't.
I'll second this. Excluding LAD any discussion in rankings for the time being, Season 5 is the zenith of 24, just a completely awesome and insane ride.
I'll check it out at some point. I went back and looked at the episode summaries, and that's right where I left off.

Just check this one
(minor spoiler)
They do most of their own stunts, too.

Aβydoς;119998111 said:
What a fantastic revival.
No idea what's going down next week.
Tony's comeback would be just icing on the cake. Fuck that, they would be invent a new term for that. I don't really think it's going to happen though, the sniper could be her:

Mandy_S4.jpg

That would be crazy. This show made me crush on Mia Kirshner hard.

Tugatrix

I'll check it out at some point. I went back and looked at the episode summaries, and that's right where I left off.

They do most of their own stunts, too.

And that improve a lot a film or a tv show, allow for better framing of the scenes(no need to conceal a double)

Aβydoς;119998111 said:

Oh man, it just hit me: Mia Kirshner was playing Sarah Michelle Gellar's character in Not Another Teen Movie. That's from where I know her. I knew I had seen her before when watching 24.

Yeah, she's smokin' hot and I hope she's in the final episode.

SpyGuy239

Well, next week is the finale.

And it doesn't look like ratings have tanked... 6 million US viewers this week, which is the highest its been since episode 7, and it's hovered around 6 million since episode 3.

How can the viewers be so low when other crappy shows get so many viewers ): ):

bndadm

How can the viewers be so low when other crappy shows get so many viewers ): ):

From what tvbythenumbers.com seem to indicate, 24 gets a huge veiwership spike in the +7 totals, but for advertising purposes that number is not as helpful.

So people are watching, just not soon enough.

kmfdmpig

All this talk about Strike Back, and I'm not sure if I've ever heard of it. Watchable? I see it had Richard Armitage and The Walking Dead guy in season 1.

It's not just watchable, it's amazing.

Season 1, with Armitage and Lincoln (the Walking Dead guy) is a bit more serious. Season 2 - 4 have more of a fun/action feel, and I think I actually prefer them.

The colonel in this season of 24 advising the president is one of the leads, and the doctor earlier in the season is a fairly significant character as well.

I like how the 24 Facebook page is referring to it as a season finale.

If there is another season, I could definitely see this show jumping over to FX. FX have said recently that they want to increase their original content and this would probably fit quite well over there. 12 episode seasons fit in with the standard cable length of seasons and I'm sure 24 would appropriate an adequate amount of viewers for a cable show (like 3-4 million viewers 24 could probably get on FX).

t-storm

I just don't see that casket being for Heller or Jack. They'd have to have serious balls to kill Audrey. I'm pretty sure Mark won't make it out alive and that casket is for him... I didn't think he would make it out of the last episode in the embassy.

So is this the part where I put in my theory for tomorrow?

Audrey doesn't make it. That's why Jack's crying in the preview, that's why Chloe says she's the only one he has left, Heller hears the news and collapses as seen in the preview as a reaction to the news.

This isn't as solid as my Heller lives theory from a few weeks ago, but I figured I'd put it out there just in case.

P.S. I'm not ready for this to be over. It's been too wonderful. I'm also not ready for Mondays to go from the best to the worst day of the week again.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I like how the 24 Facebook page is referring to it as a season finale.

If there is another season, I could definitely see this show jumping over to FX. FX have said recently that they want to increase their original content and this would probably fit quite well over there. 12 episode seasons fit in with the standard cable length of seasons and I'm sure 24 would appropriate an adequate amount of viewers for a cable show (like 3-4 million viewers 24 could probably get on FX).

Another season PLEASE!!

Unless Jack doesn't make it out of this season I can't see it not getting at least one more 12 episode summer season.
What else does Fox have for the summer anyway, Masterchef?

I've been traveling for the past three weeks, and finally got caught up with the last three episodes.

I had to weed through the previous pages to find the reactions to Jack tossing Margot out the window...

It was worth it. It was so damn worth it.

zychi

Banned
24 will be back. Maybe not next season, but as long as Jack and Kiefer are alive, the show will eventually continue. There's only two characters left from the original season, and that was supposed to be 1 season and done.

Who owns the rights to 24 ? Is it Fox ?

How awesome would it be if HBO or Netflix took over for a next season ?
Well, 20th Century Fox Television produce and own the rights to 24, but I think 24 could go to another channel. The Fox channel probably gets priority on getting the contracts to air the show, but I remember back in 2005 (2006? or whenever it was), NBC was very interested in picking up 24. However, I'm not sure if the owners of Fox would really let that happen.

Speevy

Banned
I am astounded that no one has spoiled this yet. Have they?

Any series with pre-air reviews usually gets spoiled.

I'm one of those weird people who can enjoy a thing even if I know what will happen.

So can someone PM me or give me spoiler tags if anyone has all the best stuff?

I can't wait! (plus I have a test to take at 7 AM the next day and really shouldn't stay up)

If the show does continue, I hope it's rebooted (so to speak). Keep what makes the show unique in place, but maybe with a new protagonist and new cast of characters? I don't know. Wouldn't feel right without Kiefer, for sure, but I don't know what's left in the tank for Jack Bauer! Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Whatever the case, I'll watch. This show is a gift, and season nine has been nothing short of excellent.

Very excited to find out how the series concludes, even more excited to learn when Live Another Day will come out on dvd/blu-ray and hopefully the complete series follows suit on blu-ray as well.

Nameless

Jack will totally team up with Tony Almeida in the next season. Make it happen.

This needs to happen. One of the many reasons Day 4 is so awesome is it's the most Tony & Jack tag champs action we've gotten outside of the 7th season. The rise of Almeida was glorious:
  • Day drink and watch soccer
  • Save Jack and the future President's daughter.
  • Emasculated by bitch girlfriend
  • Go back to day drinking and watching soccer
  • Director of CTU

21408KiplingTonyCubbie.jpg

At least we know he's out there, somewhere, waiting. And that the door is atleast slightly ajar for more 24 in the future. I can live with that for now.

Blader

As dumb and crazy as Season 4 is, the Jack/Tony team-up is a big reason why I enjoyed it so much.

"Who are you guys? Police? FBI?"
"Actually, I'm currently unemployed."

Top Bottom