• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Tookay

I don't think Jack is going to die.

Thematically it makes sense for Heller to risk everything to save Jack at the end of the show, just like how Jack put everything on the line to save him.

This season's been very tightly written, so I don't think they're going to miss the chance to make an obvious parallel.

Lakitu

st5fu
Jack's so going to bite the bullet... with Kim taking his place in Season 10 featuring the return of mountain lions, Megan and her abusive (zombie?) father and whatever other tomfoolery she'd get up to, I'd bet.

End of the season, Jack saves the world. Heller pardons him.

"What will you do now, Jack? You're free."
"I'm never free, and I never will be."

Walks away, silent clock.

ultron87

I imagine they can get the Russians to drop it if they have proof a Russian diplomat/agent tried to provoke WW3. And Heller just won't care what the Russians want anyway at this point.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I imagine they can get the Russians to drop it if they have proof a Russian diplomat/agent tried to provoke WW3. And Heller just won't care what the Russians want anyway at this point.

Hell, they may or may not have proof that the President of Russia was complicit in an assassination of a country's president, smuggling in nuclear rods, and the death of a American agent, all on American soil. All should have been enough to tell them to go fuck themselves if they ask for Jack.

Servbot24

Banned
Between Jack, Chloe, Heller, Audrey and Audrey's husband I'm predicting 2 deaths. Kate is safe, they'll save her for in case there's another season.

Nameless

There isn't a chance in hell Jack dies as long as the door is even slightly cracked for future projects. If & when they announce a final season or confirm a film that will conclude the story of Jack Bauer, we can start to fear for his life.

I'd be more concerned about Audrey and Chloe right now. Either of them could go.

There isn't a chance in hell Jack dies as long as the door is even slightly cracked for future projects. If & when they announce a final season or confirm a film that will conclude the story of Jack Bauer, we can start to fear for his life.

I'd be more concerned about Audrey and Chloe right now. Either of them could go.

In addition to the alzheimers, it was already established way back in Series 4 that Heller has heart problems, and it was even sort of alluded to that he'd already had a heart attack once before. So he could be done for, really.

Nameless

In addition to the alzheimers, it was already established way back in Series 4 that Heller has heart problems, and it was even sort of alluded to that he'd already had a heart attack once before. So he could be done for, really.

Heller too, but I don't think his death would have the same amount of gravity after the fakeout a few episodes ago.

I could see both Audrey and Heller both dying, turning nu-Paul into a kind of deskjob-Tony next season, where his double-triple-quadruple agenting is, though ultimately in service of revenge for the death of his wife and his President, a primary cause of trouble for Jack.

Lonestar

Looking at the kill count, and it's up around 287 (and it might be higher, as I'm not sure they've finished adding up last night. They have the bodyguards at the house, but I'm pretty sure you can count up 5 or 6 more from the battle at the beginning of the episode.

He has a solid chance to hit 300.

and yes, I'm thinking Heller dies, in a way that's more sad than what he went for back in the stadium. My guess is, he'll hear about Audrey's plight, and collapse.

Apoc29

Every time you guys say "Jack and Kate" I immediately think

hBuMypw.jpg

But I will say it's an improvement from "Jack and FemBauer".

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Man I am just afraid. If the last episode is only 42min of content. Then do you guys think we will get a satisfying finale? Looks like we need more time to wrap this up. I can't believe we are already at last episode.

Angelcurio

What an intense episode, too much plot holes still left to fill in just one single episode. Excellent season so far, I really hope they end it on a real high note.

Regarding the coffin, i think that President Heller will be the one dying, if we take into account that in just a year his Alzheimer is supposed to make him be unsuitable to be a President, so at least he could end his life on a high note.

Just watched the most recent episode...

Am I wrong or is there a plot hole?

How does Team America figure out that Mustachov is working with Chang?

We, the VIEWER know this because of a phone call.

THEY know that Mustachov and Jimmy Cooper are working together, and they can GUESS that Russia benefits, but how was the direct connection established?

jwluther

From the AMA:

"Hey guys, thanks for doing this AMA! What deceased 24 character was the hardest (personally) for you guys to kill off? Also, are there any characters in the 24 universe that you had planned to kill off, but decided to give a last second reprieve (or vice-versa)?

"EK: We can't answer that question until the finale airs on Monday."

Yikes.

Ehhhh already posted. Sorry.

jwluther

24 live another day will die another day soon as ratings have tanked...

Well, next week is the finale.

And it doesn't look like ratings have tanked... 6 million US viewers this week, which is the highest its been since episode 7, and it's hovered around 6 million since episode 3.

.GqueB.

Banned
The reason I'm kind of doubting Jack's death is that there isn't anybody left who's worthy of killing him.

I mean...random Cheng henchman is kind of anti-climactic.

Jack has to ride a nuke aimed at the terrorist stronghold when he dies. Nothing else will suffice.
It likely wouldn't be a situation where he's bested. More like sacrifice.

What I hope happens is that Audrey dies and stays dead. My guess however Jack "dies" again, to escape persecution for the Russians and save Heller and his administration from dealing with it, and Audrey cries and says that she loves him and i barf.

How many actors from Strike Back were in 24: Live Another Day?

Shelley Conn (Danni Prendiville)
Colin Salmon (James Middleton)
Liam Garrigan (Liam Baxter)
Rhashan Stone (Oliver Sinclair )
Philip Winchester (Michael Stonebridge)

Any others?

Grifter

Britain should really reassemble that Section 20 team and give Jack the safe haven gun-for-hire deal extended to Scott.

Lonestar

THEY know that Mustachov and Jimmy Cooper are working together, and they can GUESS that Russia benefits, but how was the direct connection established?

Mostly luck. Jack first puts them together, because they ambushed him near the site where he believes the override to be. He probably first thought it was just the Russians, till he came across Chloe's audio recording. That's when he believes it's a Cheng/Russian Disco Party.

Could have easily been wrong if the Russians were just there for him, like we all believed. Perhaps if there were 24 episodes instead of 12, that's how things would have went down. One big Soviet Red Herring.

All this talk about Strike Back, and I'm not sure if I've ever heard of it. Watchable? I see it had Richard Armitage and The Walking Dead guy in season 1.

Blader

I have to say, as disappointed with how dopey and dumb the the Margot/drone episodes were, these last few have really delivered. I wasn't really a fan of S8, including the famous Bauer rampage on Logan and the Russians (I don't even remember the latter, which is making this year's Russian subplot hard to understand :lol) so if this is the end of 24, I'm glad the show is going out on a strong note.

I also hope they don't go the route of another season but starring someone else, Kate or otherwise. It should be extremely obvious by now that people watch this show for Jack, not the "real-time thriller concept" which hasn't even really been a thing since season 2 anyway.

From the AMA:

"Hey guys, thanks for doing this AMA! What deceased 24 character was the hardest (personally) for you guys to kill off? Also, are there any characters in the 24 universe that you had planned to kill off, but decided to give a last second reprieve (or vice-versa)?

"EK: We can't answer that question until the finale airs on Monday."

Yikes.

Ehhhh already posted. Sorry.

Heller and Tony were both clearly intended to die in season 5.

jman2050

Jack pulling a gun on Mark and calling him an idiot for being, well, a stupid big jealous dummyhead is one of my favorite scenes. It's too bad he isn't dead yet, I'm pretty sure nobody would miss him.

Maybe it's just me but the Russian dude's death scene seemed kind of... incredibly gory for television.

Finally caught up now. This season has been an entertaining ride and I've enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I think I only watched the S1-S4 of 24 back in the day, so some of the characters are new to me even though I should know them.

Strike Back S1 and the other seasons are quite different. S1 is your standard military show.

S2 and onwards featured an entirely new cast and being on Cinemax, it ramped up the sex and violence. Lots of plot twists and great set pieces.
Yup, that's about right. You can jump in at the start of S2 if you really want to. It's a fun show that's reminiscent of R-rated 80's action movies - tons of action, a fair amount of gratuitous sex, and great chemistry between the two leads.

TrueGrime

Is this going to be the final season period or can we expect another one?

BTW.. I swear to god this kid looks like Chloe.

"DAMNIT CHLOE JUST DO IT."

hellyeshellnoface.gif

Finally caught up now. This season has been an entertaining ride and I've enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I think I only watched the S1-S4 of 24 back in the day, so some of the characters are new to me even though I should know them.
YES! Cornballer all sync'd up for the finale. I knew you'd pop up eventually! And you absolutely must watch Season 5 if you haven't.

YES! Cornballer all sync'd up for the finale. I knew you'd pop up eventually! And you absolutely must watch Season 5 if you haven't.

I'll second this. Excluding LAD any discussion in rankings for the time being, Season 5 is the zenith of 24, just a completely awesome and insane ride.

effzee

I had the last two episodes saved up on my dvr since I had been super busy the past few weeks.

HOLY SHIT!

Even my wife who never watches or had seen 24 was glued. Some of the best moments of the series were in the last two episodes.

I kind of wish they sniped Audrey off as well. Would have been just an amazing way to end that episode.

Or if Chloe woke up with amnesia.

Starkster

Neo Member
Is this going to be the final season period or can we expect another one?

BTW.. I swear to god this kid looks like Chloe.

"DAMNIT CHLOE JUST DO IT."

hellyeshellnoface.gif

Holy shit haha. The resemblance is uncanny.

On another note, even though it feels like the right way for the show to end, I don't want Jack to die. Put him back in South Africa helping out villages and taking down bad guys. Hell, put Tony in there as some kind of early release and have them open up a security group. I'd like that to be the way it ends, assembling a new CTU from the ground up to defend another country from the threats of their own citizens.

All this talk about Strike Back, and I'm not sure if I've ever heard of it. Watchable? I see it had Richard Armitage and The Walking Dead guy in season 1.
Yes, do it, it is really good and cool!

Strike Back is THE TV SHOW that took the place of 24 in my heart after it ended.

L00P

Jack was just guessing until Mark spilled everything

Top Bottom