• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24 Season 4 News.....Uh oh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Jacks Back....just Jack

Virtually all of the 24 cast have been axed as part of a major overhaul of the show, it has been confirmed.

Only Kiefer Sutherland will be back to reprise his role as Jack Bauer in season four, premiering January 2005 in the States.

The news means that James Badge Dale (Chase), Elisha Cuthbert (Kim), Carlos Bernard (Tony), Reiko Aylesworth (Michelle) and even Dennis Haysbert (David Palmer) will all be given at best just a few appearances in the new season.

Speaking at the TCA's summer press tour, executive producer Joel Surnow confirmed that the only other returning actor will be Geoff Pierson, who played Palmer's Republican rival John Keeler in season three. Come season four, Keeler will have taken over from Palmer as President.

Surnow also revealed that Jack will no longer be working for CTU.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds15026.html

ELISHA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Sorry if it's old.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
No Elisha, no cougar, it'd be lame trying to match it up with Kiefer, he'd just wrestle it to the ground and snap its neck.

Memles

We pretty well knew Reiko and Bernard at the end of Season Three, I believe...we knew their options would not be picked up.

And we knew Haysbert couldn't come back full fledge, knowing he was stepping down as President. And, Cuthbert had become dead weight...we'll probably see a guest appearance from Kim/Chase/Chase's Kid at some point during the season, but it seems like that is unimportant now.

The lack of CTU will be weird though...it'll be like Alias without Sloane/SD-6. And we all know how that went for Alias. But, like Alias, they have until January to put together the season, and I'm thinking that it will come together.

tmdorsey

Don't understand all the crying about Kim. Girls like her are a dime a dozen. Hopefully the next chick will be finer than her.

Memles

And for anyone wondering...Reiko Aylesworth will be joining the cast of CSI, in an apparently "unrelated" matter to the recent firings...I'd taking bets on her being put into a larger role in this situation.

Deg

Banned
Good otherwise it will get stale. This isnt a movie where they can do this stuff one off. Over Seasons many viewers could lose interest.

Honestly, this is GREAT news. The only one I'll miss is Palmer but I'm sure he'll still make the occasional appearance. S3 wasn't up to the standards of 1 and 2 and this shot in the arm might be just what the show needed.

The biggest element as far as I'm concerned is Bauer not working for CTU. One of the best parts of Season 1 was that nobody could be trusted. Agents were dropping like flies, and Nina wasn't the only double agent. Season 3 teased something similar but turned it into a non-issue far too quickly.

jenov4

Wow that's a real drastic change. I liked how the series was going during the previous 3 seasons. I hope this is for the better. ;p

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Yup, it's old. I posted all of this on the old board right after the season 3 finale aired. Then people bitched because it's teh spoiler !1!!!.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This news sounds fantastic to me. The reason why I didn't like Season three at first was because the show was starting to get stale, and it seemed that the writers were really deseperate to make some plot twists to try to surprise us (although the twist around the 6th-7th episode was awesome). Bauer not working for CTU anymore just opens up to a lot of stuff. I just hope this lots of stuff include a lot of action and suspense. If they can still maintain the level of suspense like the previous seasons, I'm all up for it. Who cares about Kim, she was only there for tits anyhow. I watch the show for the thrills and action, not for the undeveloped subplots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom