• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

27-year-old man admits cancelling Nintendo Japan events by threatening to ‘kill everyone’ for ‘shitty games’

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
nintendo.original-e1613583479805-1024x591.jpg

27-year-old Kenshin Kazama stood trial this week and admitted that he had made the threats, Kansai Television News reports.

“I sent the messages because I was stressed by playing the game,” Kazama reportedly explained. “When I kept losing, I got frustrated.”

Kazama was charged in April, accused of sending a total of 39 threats via the inquiry form on Nintendo’s official website between August 22 and November 29 last year.
Kazama was accused of saying “I’ll make you regret bringing such a shitty game into this world”, threatening to “kill everyone involved” and saying “be careful about events that have spectators in attendance”.

Although it wasn’t clear what game he was referring to, it’s believed to be Splatoon 3, since some of the threats were aimed at the Splatoon Koshien 2023 National Finals.

The threats led to the cancellation of the Splatoon Finals and Nintendo Live 2024, which were set to take place in Tokyo in December 2023 and January 2024 respectively.
The prosecutor in the case said the total damage caused by Kazama’s threats totalled around ¥700 million ($4.36 million), saying: “The consequences are serious. There are no extenuating circumstances for his childish motives.”

The prosecution has asked for Kazama to be sentenced to one year in prison. Sentencing will take place on July 24.

So this is what happens when you can't leave a negative steam review after refusing to git gud.

tenor.gif

Uninstalling and playing something else is hard.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
27 yo and he brought the nintendo zaibatsu to its knees for crimes against gaming.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

i remember hearing someone going on about how if gaming companies tried to do 20 years ago half what they are doing today, they'll be forever under siege by armies of disgruntled gamers armed with superscopes and power gloves, driving mario kart inspired killdozers.
One of the truest (if that's even a word) things i ever heard.

Last edited:

Hero_Select

27 yo and he brought the nintendo zaibatsu to its knees for crimes against gaming.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

i remember hearing someone going on about how if gaming companies tried to do 20 years ago half what they are doing today, they'll be forever under siege by armies of disgruntled gamers armed with superscopes and power gloves, driving mario kart inspired killdozers.
One of the truest (if that's even a word) things i ever heard.
What did Nintendo do in this case?
I get corporations are bad and not our friends but this guy is clearly just mad that he kept on losing.

Krathoon

Gold Member
This is your classic case of a young person being a jerk. Don't make death threats.

David Tennant actually got in trouble for indirectly making a death threat recently.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Really, the best way to get back at a company is to mock them. Penny Arcade has been doing that for years.

I appreciate his honesty, at least. Most people would rather make up a more "nuanced" reason to why they did what they did.
It was unbelievably petty, and he admitted to it.

I haven't played the Splatoon series yet, I just hope I don't become a possible mass shooter when I play Splatoon 3...

Impotaku

Japanese splatoon players are brutal. You die so fast against them in online matches he probably just snapped after getting his ass handed to him constantly by 11 year olds.

Krathoon

Gold Member
What he should have did was make a video about why Splatoon 3 is a piece of crap.

Last edited:

Aldric

Had no idea Splatoon was that sweaty
Jfc
It's a huge deal in japan with a massive competitive community that has some crazy players (one of the best ones used to have the world record in Resident Evil 5 mercenaries mode) but even when played casually it's one of the most titlting games ever, I don't know what it is but this retarded squids game drives me crazy, I never got that mad when I used to grind Street Fighter 4 online mode back in the PS3 days.

Dorago

He's ready to sudoku because of Nintendo's output, which is orders of magnitude better than Sony or Microsoft.

We need to get this man a Steam Deck and point him towards "chive-ar-kay ot-day or-gay".

I promise one and all, there are more good games in the 50 year old corpus than one could ever finish in a lifetime.

This combined with COVID has sort of shown to Nintendo that they don't need public events anymore in order to be successful. Which is a shame, because I really miss the huge presence they had every year at shows like E3, where they'd do three days straight of Treehouse Live and show off major titles with 30 minute deep dives. The Nintendo of the 2020s is incredibly boring and uncreative in how they deliver information about software.

All we get now are livestreams of Trailer > man talks about what was just shown > trailer > man talks > trailer, and occasionally a pre-recorded Treehouse Live (which I feel like is false advertising)

Either way, like I said, as a huge Nintendo fan, the last four years have been incredibly boring outside of a small handful of titles.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Beside maybe doing some time, this person needs to take anti-psychotic medication ASAP..

Looks like he might be schizophrenic. It will continue to get worse until he gets treatment..

Top Bottom