• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd Mario Strikers Charged GAF World Cup

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yup the result is okay.
Normally I try my best not to overuse the Megashots but in your case it was necessary... I dont know why but none of my normal shots were scoring *aaargh* I tried to win to use that weak point of yours. but even then it wasnt enough :lol

And Haunty... After my match with swiss I thought I might be not on the same level as before(I havent played for...2 weeks?) , but our VERY close match just now gave me hope again :D

I am editing the Group tables in my first Post in this thread #26
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6894734&postcount=26

Edit: Sry Fresquito... I had nothing to do with my group :D

Haunted

Just played my second Cup match for the day. :D

Haunted 2 (11) - Darktails 0 (1)

Thanks for the series, Darktails! The ball just didn't want to go in when you shot, eh? I know the feeling. There were some cool patterns you ran with Waluigi, though. You walled one of my Dry Bones in! I thought 'ok, I have the ball, but I can't go anywhere - now what?' :lol Thanks again.

edit: man, Toma these were close matches. :D Sorry that I denied your game requests afterwards - but first I wanted to play a Cup match vs Darktails, and now I'm playing a promised friendly against another player.

edit edit: And now I'm totally exhausted. Sorry, Toma - the rematch has to wait until we next meet online.

nli10

Wow- am I the only UKer?

Either way i'll add group B tonight and TRY to get online but I have some forms to fill in for work that are V. Important & come first :)

Must get on soon before all the players get practice and are even better than before !

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Not even close... I rely too much on tackling, and you seemed to guess where all of my passes went. I got lucky a couple of times, but I sucked compared to you.

I forgot to turn on my recorder, though... I'll have it on next time to record the game.

Haunted

Myke Greywolf said:
Not even close... I rely too much on tackling, and you seemed to guess where all of my passes went. I got lucky a couple of times, but I sucked compared to you.

I forgot to turn on my recorder, though... I'll have it on next time to record the game.
oooh, please do. To see actual footage of games played in the Cup is awesome!

Darktails said:
Well, the matches were quite fun but I guess I need to train more. I had absolutely no chance against you.
As long as everyone had fun, that's all that really matters. But hey, being the Champ is extra motivation. I totally want to defend the title. :D
Dash Kappei said:
Well, he's on a whole other level though! :)
aww, thanks. :p Shame I missed you tonight - we'll definitely play our game some other day, Dash. :)

Also, thanks to fresquito and Toma for keeping track of the groups. Although there's an overlay in your work, it helps to keep everything accurate, so please continue the good work. :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay Fresquito invited me to a friendly just now and I was ready to get my ass kicked :lol
I won the games :-O

Toma : Fresquito

7:4, 1:2, 2:1

6:1, 2:5, 5:4

Awesome games Fresquito =)
Oh and Sorry for the "run-around-the-banana"thing ;) I know that was childish but I just HAD to try out how long that works :D

4 Players in each group advance to the next phase

Haunted

MasterMFauli said:
Sorry that i ask again, but how many players from each group proceed into the quarter finale?
4 or 3?
maxmars said:
* After the first phase, the first four players of each group will go to the quarters of finals, then the tournament will continue with the direct elimination formula.

nli10 said:
Wow- am I the only UKer?
No, radioheadrules83 is from the UK as well.

fresquito

Toma said:
Okay Fresquito invited me to a friendly just now and I was ready to get my ass kicked :lol
I won the games :-O

Toma : Fresquito

7:4, 1:2, 2:1

6:1, 2:5, 5:4

Awesome games Fresquito =)

4 Players in each group advance to the next phase
Yeah, those were some awesome games. Too bad lag turned eveything into a mess from the third round on. Sometimes I would push a button and my character would stand idly because the orden didn't arrive >_<

Toma

fresquito said:
Yeah, those were some awesome games. Too bad lag turned eveything into a mess from the third round on. Sometimes I would push a button and my character would stand idly because the orden didn't arrive >_<

As I said... sry for the "run-around-the-banana"thing

tomato said:
;) I know that was childish but I just HAD to try out how long that works:D

Haunted

I'm online atm, so if anyone wants to play... post in this thread so I know to wait for you. Group A.

edit: I'm off again. :p

And something Cup-unrelated, I just played against the #1 player this season (169-32). The ****er is pretty good and ended my winning streak. :( I lost with 4-5 in the third match by Golden Goal. damnit, I was so close to beating him. :lol

Bo130

I'm pretty much free for the evening. Anyone wants to play? I'll glad play anyone else as well, if no one is available from the cup, that I have yet to play with :)

Anyone from Group B up for a game? Haven't been playing for over a week now, I should be easy cannon fodder.

If not we can play a round Bo.

Sry Swiss realized too late, Hanuted already invited me for a game.

GG Haunted, I'm too rusty but I had fun nontheless. You do lag a bit though, which is odd since I never had that in a 4 star match.

I'm gonna eat a bit and then play you swiss if that is OK.

Haunted

Phife Dawg said:
Sry Swiss realized too late, Hanuted already invited me for a game.

GG Haunted, I'm too rusty but I had fun nontheless. You do lag a bit though, which is odd since I never had that in a 4 star match.
ah, sorry if I interrupted anything you two had planned, I just saw you online and took the chance to invite you.

Man, it sucks that it lagged for you. You're the second guy to say that *kicks wireless router* 'Apologise to Phife, bitch!'. Hope it wasn't too bad.

No problem that you're rusty - that's why we're playing, to get back into shape. :p

Haunted One said:
ah, sorry if I interrupted anything you two had planned, I just saw you online and took the chance to invite you.

Man, it sucks that it lagged for you. You're the second guy to that *kicks wireless router*. Hope it wasn't to bad.

No problem if you're rusty - that's why we're playing, to get back into shape. :p
No worries, nothing was planned. I was just adding a couple of FCs when your invite hit me. I only saw later in the thread that swiss was online.

Lag was strange, it was pretty bad in the first match but no lag to be seen in the second match. Anyways it was just a friendly and you would've kicked my butt regardless so it's a non-issue :D .

Bo130

Ya, good games. You totally owned me in game 2, though. You were clearly better overall, plain luck I won the first one :). Let's play again sometime soon :D

fresquito

Score board updated. If I may add, dk_ should beging playing as the away team for a change. Let's have a balance in our home-away rate.

dk_

fresquito said:
Score board updated. If I may add, dk_ should beging playing as the away team for a change. Let's have a balance in our home-away rate.
Ok. Thx for the update!

Bo130 said:
Good matches Phife :D
GG Bo. Your tackling is off the hook :D .

Swiss, I invited you to a game but you didn't react so I logged out. Maybe we can have a game today. I'll probably be home at 19 CET *crosses fingers*.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Sorry about our friendly match Bo...
I was having massive lag (never had this much with a 4 star connection) and at the beginning of the 2nd mach... ta-dah, connection lost :-/
Btw, it was impossibile for me to catch that megastrike but why the hell the match ended after that?! That was really ****ed up! Maybe it was for the connection problems... never happened to me but anything's possible I guess.

Haunted

Dash Kappei said:
Sorry about our friendly match Bo...
I was having massive lag (never had this much with a 4 star connection) and at the beginning of the 2nd mach... ta-dah, connection lost :-/
Btw, it was impossibile for me to catch that megastrike but why the hell the match ended after that?! That was really ****ed up! Maybe it was for the connection problems... never happened to me but anything's possible I guess.
I think it's because Bo likes to play friendlies where the first player to 4 goals wins... at least he sneakily did that when we played the last time. :D

Top Bottom