• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd Mario Strikers Charged GAF World Cup

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Haunted One said:
I think it's because Bo likes to play friendlies where the first player to 4 goals wins... at least he sneakily did that when we played the last time. :D

Oh.

Btw, nice games Bo!
It would also be fun if sometimes you let ME choose Donkey Kong, after all you already had the chance to use him in the tournie, leave him to me for a friendly that we get to play at least ;-))

Bo130

Ya, that's why. I play first to 4 goals all the time with my friends, I actually thought it was the most common way to play friends online. I'll try to remember it next time. I kinda like the idea that you both totally went "WTF!!?" when it happened. It should be more accessable when invited, though.

DashK: Glad we got another try, good game :)

Bo130

I already did let you choose DK in the first match, not my fault the connection slipped :p Hey, a few games more? I'm still online, and I need to experience a few matches with my alternative character :)

Dash Kappei

Bo130 said:
I already did let you choose DK in the first match, not my fault the connection slipped :p Hey, a few games more? I'm still online, and I need to experience a few matches with my alternative character :)

to me you're better off with this 2nd team

Haunted One said:
I think it's because Bo likes to play friendlies where the first player to 4 goals wins... at least he sneakily did that when we played the last time. :D
Yeah he did that with me as well. Sneaky bastard ;). And I was wondering wth our match was going on for so long :lol .

Dash Kappei

Dash Kappei said:
Seems I'll never win an entire series :)

Sorry mate, but you lag too much, like before.
Not only it is impossibile to stop megastrike (5 out of 5 lol) but it's not fun to play now.
We'll do as if you did win also this match... that was probable anyway :)

Loggin' off.

Bo130

Ya, I figured. I had a great amount of lag as well this time, and a noticable bit in the 3rd match before as well. See you another time :)

Dash Kappei

Bo130 said:
Ya, I figured. I had a great amount of lag as well this time, and a noticable bit in the 3rd match before as well. See you another time :)

I see.
The strange thing is that to me is the opposite: when I play you, even if I have some lag in the first match (not talkin' broking-game lag like the one we had before), then in 2nd and 3rd it will be gone... wth?! Probably a coincidence but it happened practically everytime we've played

Dash Kappei

Guys, I was thinking, how the hell did Nintendo work it out with this stars connection rating shit? I mean, how is possible to get game breaking lag from 4 stars connection?
Does the NWFC pings you or what?

Haunted

Dash Kappei said:
Guys, I was thinking, how the hell did Nintendo work it out with this stars connection rating shit? I mean, how is possible to get game breaking lag from 4 stars connection?
Does the NWFC pings you or what?
That's a good question. I'd like an answer to that - generally it works out pretty accurately, but I've had some laggy games even on a 4-star connection. That shouldn't happen.

Another thing. E3 is next week, and the console wars are in full force - so the mods are super attentive of every post. Please, guys, don't get banned - we need you all for the Cup! :lol
Watch me be the first one to fall because I can't keep my damn mouth shut. >_<

Haunted

MasterMFauli said:
Lol, i was already afraid of getting banned for what i wrote in the JRPGs for PS3-topic :lol
If anything happens, icq: 148198180 www.icq.com :p
:lol I've seen what you wrote and that's exactly why I decided to post this.

Haunted

I will be online later tonight. Starting at 18:00 GMT-ish... Group A people, please come f you have some time - I might be unavailable to play next week and the following, so the more games I can get done now, the better. Simply invite me to a game, or post here if you want to hook up :)

GG Haunted.

I logged out because you lagged again. First match was nigh unplayable. Second and third were a bit better but still laggy.

There definetly seems to be something wrong with your router config and/or your firewall.

I guess it was laggy for you as well, or why did you carry the ball into your own goal with dry bones after the skillshot? That looked hilarious :lol .

Haunted

Phife Dawg said:
GG Haunted.

I logged out because you lagged again. First match was nigh unplayable. Second and third were a bit better but still laggy.

There definetly seems to be something wrong with your router config and/or your firewall.

I guess it was laggy for you as well, or why did you carry the ball into your own goal with dry bones after the skillshot? That looked hilarious :lol .
Thanks for the series. :) Yeah, it definitely lagged at certain crucial moments for me as well. That own-goal... yeah, that was totally because of the lag.. yes, the lag... I didn't press the wrong button or anything... no sir. >_<

And how you won that second game was absolutely shameful for me - I even had more players on the field than you! :lol

*sigh* really sorry for the lag - I'll definitely check my router/firewall settings again. I'm not very knowledgeable at this stuff, though, I'm glad I got it working the first time. :p

Haunted One said:
Thanks for the series. :) Yeah, it definitely lagged at certain crucial moments for me as well. That own-goal... yeah, that was totally because of the lag.. yes, the lag... I didn't press the wrong button or anything... no sir. >_<

And how you won that second game was absolutely shameful for me - I even had more players on the field than you! :lol

*sigh* really sorry for the lag - I'll definitely check my router/firewall settings again. I'm not very knowledgeable at this stuff, though, I'm glad I got it working the first time. :p
:lol it was the only really good goal I scored in the whole series though.

And Diddy gave me quite a few headaches. But nothing compared to Birdo. Maybe I'll switch my team to have her in. Birdo shots seem to be scoring more frequently than any other power player *shakes angry fist*.

As for your router I'm not too knowledgeable either, but it seems some packets get lost or blocked. Maybe you should manually "free" the port(s) used for Strikers. Whichever those may be, maybe someone here can help?

Haunted

Phife Dawg said:
:lol it was the only really good goal I scored in the whole series though.

And Diddy gave me quite a few headaches. But nothing compared to Birdo. Maybe I'll switch my team to have her in. Birdo shots seem to be scoring more frequently than any other power player *shakes angry fist*.

As for your router I'm not too knowledgeable either, but it seems some packets get lost or blocked. Maybe you should manually "free" the port(s) used for Strikers. Whichever those may be, maybe someone here can help?
:lol I think you should switch a player for Birdo, try her deke (spinning), which I absolutely love. Otherwise, your team is good and quite balanced. I prefer Birdo to the Hammer Bro because she is better at tackling the opponent, which is the basis for pretty much all of my defence.

Well, at this point, I'm afraid of changing my team too much, basically it's still a toss-up between Diddy, Peach and Daisy for me.

I know how to open ports - just need someone to tell me which ones. :p

edit: found this and will give these ports a try.

Bo130

Phife Dawg said:

I've thought about that as well.

Oh, and after tonight I'm not home until late next week. Hopefully you guys aren't even better there :p

Man, i dont want to play Haunted XD He´ll beat me to nothing :p XD

Nah, just wanted to say, i´ll try to play tomorrow, so bol, haunted and dash kappei are missing, right?
Who´s online tomorrow, so i can prepare myself mentally ? :p

Koren

Even when he's sick, the king remains the king ;)

Haunted One (9) 2 - 0 (2) Koren

Thank you very much for the match...

(edit : should be (10) instead of (9), by the way, no referee would ever stop the match one tenth of second before a goal ;) )

Haunted

Thanks for the series, Koren. :D

Koren 0 (2) - Haunted 2 (9) (I was the away player)

:lol yeah, that very last shot crossed the goal line a millisecond after the referee's whistle.

Haunted

Koren said:
Oh, yes, my bad... Does it matters ?
nah, not really, only so that fresquito and Toma can keep track of how many matches everyone played home/away, so we can try to keep it balanced. :)

btw, I was shocked (SHOCKED!) to see that you chose Daisy - I literally thought 'hey, that's my captain!' :lol

Koren said:
By the way, the light that removes players, it's Diddy's special ? 1 vs 3 or 4 was quite... difficult ^_^
Yes, that's Diddy's special ability. It's quite powerful if you use it correctly, but you defended really well, so I didn't even get one goal in.

Bo130

Haunted One said:
nah, not really, only so that fresquito and Toma can keep track of how many matches everyone played home/away, so we can try to keep it balanced. :)

Oh, I haven't kept track of that either :/ :(.

I'm going online now, preferably only for 'for fun'-games, anyone? :)

Swisslink

I'm going online now XD

edit: wtf... I dunno what's the problem bo :-?

edit2: other players can invite me without any problems :-?

Bo130

Dunno either, sorry, but it looks like it's me. I tried inviting Basti and it did the same thing.

Error code 86070 I think it was. Where do I enter error codes on the redesigned Nintendo Wi-Fi-site? :s

Haunted

Bo130 said:
Dunno either, sorry, but it looks like it's me. I tried inviting Basti and it did the same thing.

Error code 86070 I think it was. Where do I enter error codes on the redesigned Nintendo Wi-Fi-site? :s
I accepted twice... you don't want to play with me! ;_;

but seriously, I've gotten that error code before. Try restarting the Wii, or at least Strikers. Maybe go into a channel that uses online to test if it works at all.

Thanks for the games, Swisslink. After the first match, I thought I could take you, but your passing got even faster afterwards. A deserved win.

But man, you're the type of player I hate the most - I'm so bad at stopping a continously hi-speed passing player... Looks like I need to modify my team a bit to stand a chance against you if we ever meet in the Cup... >_<

Swisslink

gg Haunted (I think basti = haunted, isn't it? ^^)

edit: yeah, thx for the game ^^
I had some problems with your Birdo-shots :p
Everytime a bit too late :p

edit2: If anybody wants to play -> invite ;)

Haunted

*adds Swisslink to the list of tournament hopefuls*
The list contains 4 names now.

:lol Bo - longest golden goal period ever. Felt almost as long as the game preceding it.

Swisslink

Hm, i think it's easier to play as a "Noname-player", than as the champion of the first tournament :p

Bo, i dunno why, but I still can't play against you :-?

Bo130

Ya, that was great. I had a LOT of lag in that game, though, esp. in the first one :/

WTF, now I got the error code again, when trying to play swiss...

EDIT: I just turned off my console, getting online again. Still nothing, swiss. That is very weird :s

Swisslink

Same here...
I turned the console off but the same problem...

If I try to connect to another player, there's no problem :-?

Haunted

MasterMFauli said:
Man, i dont want to play Haunted XD He´ll beat me to nothing :p XD

Nah, just wanted to say, i´ll try to play tomorrow, so bol, haunted and dash kappei are missing, right?
Who´s online tomorrow, so i can prepare myself mentally ? :p
I'm going online right now.

Come get some. :p

edit: argh, I'm really unlucky with my games today. :/

As if we didnt know it :-/

Nah, i have no idea what to do against you, Haunted :)
You disrupt my passes, yet running a solo-run doesnt work either because Daisy is too fast. and then you´re perfect at item usage XD

Anyway, good match. I can only hope, that if i proceed to the next round, you´re beaten out by a lucky guy...otherwise, hello, winner of the 2nd cup ;)

Haunted

Just played MFauli:

MasterMFauli 0 (2) - Haunted 2 (8)

Jesus. You are one relentlessly tackling player. Over 30 tackles in each game! :lol I went to work equally harsh, though. It was pretty much my only chance to keep up with you. Man, it was a real brawling match in there.

MasterMFauli said:
As if we didnt know it :-/

Nah, i have no idea what to do against you, Haunted :)
You disrupt my passes, yet running a solo-run doesnt work either because Daisy is too fast. and then you´re perfect at item usage XD

Anyway, good match. I can only hope, that if i proceed to the next round, you´re beaten out by a lucky guy...otherwise, hello, winner of the 2nd cup ;)
Yeah, a good series - thanks for the games! And thanks for the compliment, but it's way too early to call this Cup. :)

Haunted One said:
Jesus. You are one relentlessly tackling player. Over 30 tackles in each game! :lol I went to work equally harsh, though. It was pretty much my only chance to keep up with you. Man, it was a real brawling match in there

Sorry, but i hate Daisy and Peach XD
Also, i hate teleporting dry bones and i hate whirling Birdos...actually, i hate the game XD No , just joking ;)

Haunted

MasterMFauli said:
Sorry, but i hate Daisy and Peach XD
Also, i hate teleporting dry bones and i hate whirling Birdos...actually, i hate the game XD No , just joking ;)
You just named every character I use. :lol But hey, the way it looks now, you have all the chances to advance into the next round. The real competitive Cup starts then, in the knockout rounds. :p

Koren

Haunted One said:
You just named every character I use. :lol
Because you slashed me yesterday with a character you never use ? (Diddy) :lol You were still quite good with its special...

Haunted

Koren said:
Because you slashed me yesterday with a character you never use ? (Diddy) :lol You were still quite good with its special...
:lol You got me there. I use Daisy 90% of the time, though. I alternate between Diddy, Peach and DK for the other 10%.

But it's the game's fault, really. It's just so insanely balanced that I don't feel I'm better or worse off with different team captains. :p

Swisslink said:
Hm, i've never seen a player of group B online o_O
hm, I know that both tanasten and radiohead have technical problems at the moment, that's why they can't get online. The others, though... maybe ask around per PM, try to get the ball rolling by making concrete appointments. That's how we all did it in the first Cup. :)

maxmars

I'm back at home guys, starting from tomorrow evening I would be thrilled to play someone from group A.. I understand you're all youngsters so you will go out on Saturday evening, but anyway I'd like to play some matches. :D

This evening I have to help wife prepare luggages / car (they go on vacation one week ahead of me) so I can't be there. Bummer.

Top Bottom