• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 years in and still no widespread Gamecube Piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod

Banned
MrPing1000 said:
:lol, nothing to do with the xbox being a pc then

SantaCruZer said:
Or maybe it has to do with that Nintendo use their own storage medium, and not a standard DVD drive.
I'd say it's a combination really. True Xbox's lazy off the shelf design, HDD and standard DVD format made it an attractive target but so does the Microsoft name, being one of the most hated companies on the planet (especially by "the scene"). There's a reason Xbox was cracked faster than any previous console, and it certianly wasn't the PC hand-me-down software library. ;)

Ecrofirt

Nintendo trolls make the world go round.

Now neptunes should provide info on this pirate-GC-without-PSO shit. Quite interesting to read that my little purple box got cracked another way.

Pircay keeps DJ Demon J employed. He's probably just pissed because there aren't 100 GameCube modchips out, and new GC games getting put up on suprnova every hour.

neptunes

It's not really a work-around.

It's not even complete.

Though I can say it's in the development stages. (just started started recently)

and frankly, I couldn't care less.

aku:jiki

swoon said:
the idea that the gcn hasn't been pirated because of lack of intrest is pretty silly. the warez scene pirates everything from barbie's horse adventure and ski resort tycoon 2 to foodtv to obscure german short movies.
This is the only true post in this thread (that actually touches upon the subject at hand, as opposed to console pissing contests, that is).

You've got to realize that the "OMG FREE GAEMZ LOL!!11" people and the actual hackers aren't the same. It's about the fame and perhaps the challenge for the hackers. I mean, there are people working on Jaguar emulators!

SantaC

aku:jiki said:
This is the only true post in this thread (that actually touches upon the subject at hand, as opposed to console pissing contests, that is).

You've got to realize that the "OMG FREE GAEMZ LOL!!11" people and the actual hackers aren't the same. It's about the fame and perhaps the challenge for the hackers. I mean, there are people working on Jaguar emulators!

IAWTP. Are you wiborgh? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom