• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Unofficial Madden 11 League Trade Thread

bluemax

Banned
Just a thought I had, but until we've been through a draft and a year of progression or whatever does anyone actually feel comfortable with predicting the quality of player they're going to get with a pick after the second round?

How many low round draft picks last year ever developed? How many were good situational players based on one or two broken ratings?

Just a thought.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bluemax said:
Just a thought I had, but until we've been through a draft and a year of progression or whatever does anyone actually feel comfortable with predicting the quality of player they're going to get with a pick after the second round?

How many low round draft picks last year ever developed? How many were good situational players based on one or two broken ratings?

Just a thought.

Once we found out players like Bjeorn were out there. There were LB's that were in the 50's, that had some great stats. Think I had one that had 90 speed, acc, tackling, and a couple others. Just had crap in the coverage and awareness. Solution: Manually Control that player.

At first, those players would slip through, then they started to be picked up earlier and earlier when people researched. Odds are, there will be more of these players.

But I had a WR that went from, I think high 60's, to near 80 in 2 years of progression. I want to say Crusoe.

Rorschach

bluemax said:

Just a thought.
Last year, I got starters in the second round and I picked really late. This year looks to be even better. I mean you have 89 guys in the first round... that's insane. And, since you have so many 80 round guys (40 total), there's bound to be some good stuff in the second round. Just looking at that list that BigAT posted, the draft seems to be more defensive and less speed based than our shitty drafts last year where we had 99 speed leftovers from Head Coach. We still have overrated rookies (way way way overrated), but maybe they'll be more balanced with the rest of the league roster. I think those fifth round guys that were worth picking up last year because of 90+ speed will be worth less this year.

btw- guys rated 85+ from the last draft: 0 :lol

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Last year, I got starters in the second round and I picked really late. This year looks to be even better. I mean you have 89 guys in the first round... that's insane. And, since you have so many 80 round guys (40 total), there's bound to be some good stuff in the second round. Just looking at that list that BigAT posted, the draft seems to be more defensive and less speed based than our shitty drafts last year where we had 99 speed leftovers from Head Coach. We still have overrated rookies (way way way overrated), but maybe they'll be more balanced with the rest of the league roster. I think those fifth round guys that were worth picking up last year because of 90+ speed will be worth less this year.

btw- guys rated 85+ from the last draft: 0 :lol

I had starters from the second round as well, that's why I said rounds later than the second. Last year there was a huge drop off in talent about midway through the third. And 7th rounders were generally useless except as things like KRs with absurd speed (which I had) but they basically never improved.

I realize the drafts are deeper but I still think that the value of picks can't be properly evaluated at this point.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
I had starters from the second round as well, that's why I said rounds later than the second. Last year there was a huge drop off in talent about midway through the third. And 7th rounders were generally useless except as things like KRs with absurd speed (which I had) but they basically never improved.

I realize the drafts are deeper but I still think that the value of picks can't be properly evaluated at this point.
Oh, after the second. Well, I wouldn't think anything after the second would be more than role players. Mid third round was basically the cutoff for starting talent last year. I think the value picks will be worth even less this year since high speed without high ACC is useless now and speed by itself isn't worth much at most positions anymore.

Does anybody else get the feeling that awareness matters more this year? :\

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Does anybody else get the feeling that awareness matters more this year? :\

It always mattered when you weren't controlling a player. WRs with low awareness don't turn around when the ball is headed their way. Case in point, Devin Thomas/Malcolm Kelly/Marko Mitchell. :lol :(

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
It always mattered when you weren't controlling a player. WRs with low awareness don't turn around when the ball is headed their way. Case in point, Devin Thomas/Malcolm Kelly/Marko Mitchell. :lol :(
I know it mattered. I'm saying it seems to matter more now. Last year, you could get by with low awareness guys. There were plenty of low awareness starters, but this year, the move from one position to another seems to affect the play a lot more than last.

DCX

DCX
Real NFL bullshit. No way an elbow in the back kills a man but in Halo it does.. smh Live and mcfly trades 90s but I can't because of the real NFL lulz.

DCX

Smokey

LukeSmith said:
No way that deal gets done in the NFL - I'm a changed man, no running up the score, no BS trades.

The eagles traded their franchise QB in his PRIME to a division rival.

It's not a bs trade. Cushing will likely be a 90 because of progression and he is young. I'm taking on a 35 yr old lb and a 30 yr old rb and giving up a pick. This is fair HNIC FMT said he's ok with it and your vote can't count because I'm in your divison..COI.

McNei1y

DCX said:
Real NFL bullshit. No way an elbow in the back kills a man but in Halo it does.. smh Live and mcfly trades 90s but I can't because of the real NFL lulz.

DCX

woah woah woah, dont bring me into this! I'm just swapping players!

I'll get on to accepting the trade in a few.

Update:

Knighton and Alualu are on the block. Only one of them.

Alualu (77): Looking for a decent CB/SS
Knighton (83): Looking for a good MLB/OLB

This is filtering. I am interested in only receiving those for one of them. If people are interested, let me know.

LukeSmith

McNei1y said:
Ok. He said "lets do it" but I'll make sure he agrees.

Rashean Mathis and Sean Considine for OJ Atogwe and Jerome Murphy

I feel like Live is giving up too much in a young guy - Murphy in theory could improve at 24 years old, Considine and Mathis are 29 and 31 respectively and probably about to start the slow decline.

Voting no

Smokey

The colts are effectively trying to run virtual NFL just like pehton and his goons in the real NFL.

Fmt gave the ok for our trade as early as last night sooo

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
I feel like Live is giving up too much in a young guy - Murphy in theory could improve at 24 years old, Considine and Mathis are 29 and 31 respectively and probably about to start the slow decline.

Voting no
I agree but a dominant CB is much more important in Madden than a dominant S

Lonestar

I can see that DCX seems like he feels Turner's a waste on his team. Maybe not Slaton waste, but lower trade value than is thought of him. I'd say a better trade would be a 2nd instead of a 3rd.

But then I traded for Slaton. And Traded Meriweather.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I agree but a dominant CB is much more important in Madden than a dominant S
oh shit someone who actually knows what we are PLAYING. In Madden a beast LB>RB. Ask Brandon Jacobs.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
I can see that DCX seems like he feels Turner's a waste on his team. Maybe not Slaton waste, but lower trade value than is thought of him. I'd say a better trade would be a 2nd instead of a 3rd.

But then I traded for Slaton. And Traded Meriweather.
i had a second rounder in there but Smokey is hesitant due to Peterson's age. He fears him retiring next off-season. So i told him i'd give him a draft pick if he retired in two years or a third with no retirement clause.

It's a mute point, this is the NFL /thread

DCX

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Too late, trade already approved.
you only got three yes's the rest could vote no...but your name isn't DCX or Smokey so i understand the confidence.

DCX

Lonestar

Do have to say, with all the pre-season team trading that ended up being declined, I'm surprised ANY trades are allowed in the 1st season.

Lonestar

DCX said:

Gelato.jpg

And Gelato is fucking AWESOME

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
oh shit someone who actually knows what we are PLAYING. In Madden a beast LB>RB. Ask Brandon Jacobs.

DCX
That's not true at all. Ask Brandon Jacobs.

DCX, hard as it may be to believe, everyone that has voted no is just trying to help keep you from fucking yourself over.

Rorschach

So what are the guidelines for the trade approvals? Are you guys just trying to keep people from fucking themselves over, are you trying to keep the league balanced, or are you trying to see what is "fair value"? Or all of the above?

[edit] Maybe that sounds loaded or sarcastic or something... not taking a jab, just asking.

LiveWire

Exactly. The only valid argument regarding trading in Madden GAF should be: "keep it as realistic to the NFL as possible."

Then you see what the real NFL does (Kolb/Vick, Vincent Jackson, etc etc etc.). :lol

Anyway, part of the fun of a league like this is to say "what if?" to some degree, to allow us all to take the reins of our favorite real-life franchises and do what we think is best, even if it turns out to fail spectacularly. That's why I support no trade restrictions (with one caveat, no more than three players per transaction).

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Exactly. The only valid argument is "keep it as realistic to the NFL as possible." Then you see what the real NFL does (Kolb/Vick, Vincent Jackson, etc etc etc.). Part of the fun of a league like this is to say "what if?" to some degree, to allow us all to take the reins of our favorite real-life franchises and do what we think is best, even if it turns out to fail spectacularly.
I'm not really arguing one way or the other with my question. I actually don't want a "what if" league or I would have opted for a fantasy draft.

Nnamdi Asomugha first overall pick!

[edit] Substance abuse, malcontent players, busts, and arrested players don't exist in Madden. :|

eznark

Banned
DCX said:
Either way ezark..let's talk about Decoud in a deal for pick. They aren't going to do a player restriction deal. Just votes. So I'm sure a Decoud deal won't be shot down.

DCX

No can do. The draft is apparently the only way I can personalize my team and build it to suit me, not giving up picks for anything.

LukeSmith

eznark said:
No can do. The draft is apparently the only way I can personalize my team and build it to suit me, not giving up picks for anything.

Just think, one year of suffering and then you'll be free to try and screw up the Packers next year

Lonestar

Is he the Packers? BigAT is the Packers.

I keep forgetting that Live is St. Louis. Is Sable still in as the Skins?

Screenshot that DCX post!

eznark

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Just think, one year of suffering and then you'll be free to try and screw up the Packers next year

I'm sticking to Facebook Madden next year. It's obvious that's where they are putting their resources.

Top Bottom