• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Unofficial Madden 11 League Trade Thread

eznark

Banned
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Well...looks like everyone is blowing up their teams.

i only wanted to trade a single player, but I do recall you leveling the same accusation against the Brewers for wanting to trade Fielder, so "blowing up" has different meanings to different people I guess.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Haven't done it yet. Wait for Year 2!

Moss and Brady are 34 years old! I know that 2 or 3 of the HB's will retire after this season. The game takes on some "Hot Potato" qualities. "Will this Superstar retire on me, leaving me with bunk?"

Rorschach

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
No, I'm just bitter about Lonestar blowing up the Pats for me mainly. I mad.
He hasn't traded anyone yet and I doubt those trades would go through, but it does make you wonder why he wanted the Pats if he's gonna get rid of the 3 franchise guys and Moss. :p

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
He hasn't traded anyone yet and I doubt those trades would go through, but it does make you wonder why he wanted the Pats if he's gonna get rid of the 3 franchise guys and Moss. :p

To try and improve the all around value of the team, as well as get younger. As it stands now, Madden Patriots have a great passing attack with old Halfbacks, a good Interior Defensive Line, a good MLB and a Good Safety. I'm hoping that Butler and McCourty improve in a season or 2. Same with Spikes and some of the LB's. I like the 2 young TE's.

The idea in the long run is to improve the defensive side, the secondary #1, so getting into a shootout doesn't have to happen all the time. To take one or 2 of the "superstars" and find ways to not only get a quality replacement for that player, but also add on players into a position you're weak at.

I mean, we're not playing with the same exact roster over time here. This isn't Madden 05-09, with LEAGUEDADDY.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
So what are the guidelines for the trade approvals? Are you guys just trying to keep people from fucking themselves over, are you trying to keep the league balanced, or are you trying to see what is "fair value"? Or all of the above?

[edit] Maybe that sounds loaded or sarcastic or something... not taking a jab, just asking.
I guess this is directed at me.

The only way to be rational about this stuff is to take it on a case by case basis. In this case, DCX is getting ripped off.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

The only way to be rational about this stuff is to take it on a case by case basis. In this case, DCX is getting ripped off.
:lol :lol wow, 24 year old defensive player of the year. A pot. 87, gonna rise to 90. Yeah, ripped off. I'm done with it, i'll let BigAt , Rors and DM vote. Let it be decided one way or another before the league advances.

DCX

Sanjuro

Rorschach said:
I wooonder why... :/

eznark

Banned
Wellington said:

If we have six people deciding who is getting ripped off in a deal, why let people make trades at all? Just have teams put up their trading block, then have the allmighty overseers decide which teams have a match and swap the players that way.

If only six people get to determine value and market, why go through the kangaroo court? I'll grant you it's funny but for someone like DCX who is trying to build a team he wants, it seems just an exercise in arbitrary decisions and frustration.

DCX and Smokey should just do:
Turner for Andre Johnson and swap firsts

See, like this.

Sanjuro

Lonestar said:
Because I was them last year, and FMT reneged on the team swap deal we 3 agreed on.
You aren't a Patriots fan. The nonsense before, during, and after the last of the game has me with little faith in you of being a normal human being.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im gonna go ahead and speak for everyone:

Lonestar/Sanjuro (Mainly you continuing to bring it up): Shut it. If you two wanna talk shit atleast make it funny like me and Livewire.

Sanjuro

CB3 said:

Lonestar/Sanjuro (Mainly you continuing to bring it up): Shut it. If you two wanna talk shit atleast make it funny like me and Livewire.
Where's the funny!? All I see is Frank Caliendo material. I bring it up because it's been pre-season / 3 weeks into the season. I'm mad.

Also, which QB are you using?

Lonestar

CB3 said:

I've tried to keep it a little light hearted, at least as well as a selfish, immature, non-human person can be.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Where's the funny!? All I see is Frank Caliendo material. I bring it up because it's been pre-season / 3 weeks into the season. I'm mad.

Also, which QB are you using?

Kolb. Though i have certain situations where Vick will come in

BigAT

DCX said:
Texans trade lb Brian Cushing and a third rounder to the Falcons for lb Mike Peterson and rb Michael Turner.

DCX
A2vM2.jpg

I say no.

DCX

DCX
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I guess I'll deal TO? I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. :lol
can't he is on the no trade list...see fine print. Also league hates you..see section 4b. Furthermore, you are funny...section 7a.

DCX

Rorschach

Wellington said:

No, it wasn't directed at you. I meant to ask it before, but your post did remind me. It was directed at everyone voting, really. I asked FMT but he he never answered me. :p

Smokey

Cockblockin hos every one of you

FMT should be the only dude in the league with a vote otherwise bias comes in to play where people block or accept trades based on if they ever have to run into the team that is getting better, OR just want to cockblock because they are bored with their day.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As was the case last year, I'm starting young players in favor of established vets. Not because there's anything wrong with them, but because (I believe) it helps for progression. So:

(RT) Kareem McKenzie [82] - Not as bad as he looked against the Colts on SNF. Before going with Andrews I considered heavily playing him at G, look at these beastmode stats - 96 STR, 67 ACC, 96 RBS, 87 PBS. He'd make an excellent RG. Of course, he's a good RT as well. :p

(LG) Rich Seubert [80] - 89 RBS, 84 PBS, and good speed for a G. Makes an excellent pulling guard.

Looking for picks, speedy but low OVR WRs, an FB, or LBs

DCX

DCX
DCX said:
Revised trade. Cushing and second rounder for turner and mike Peterson.

DCX
Was told this would be a better deal. Comishes not named cb and wellie please vote.

DCX

we'll definitely have to see how the patch affects the game. we MAY be able to return to all-pro if the pass defense is decent enough.

but also consider that my run blocking will improve on all-pro.... and if i'm already averaging 200 yards per game rushing with my team on all madden.... wow, i wont pass again!

p.s. people are too infatuated with the overall rating of those rookies. a 92 power and 69 speed doesn't scare me in a defensive end. i have backups with similar stats. now the awareness might be up there which would be good, but i'm not scared of these superrooks!

Mrbob

I don't need another defensive line player at the moment! Oh and you will be scared. Oh yes you will.

Top 5 pick gets me 80+ in round 1 and 2 and then another decent player in round 3.

Mrbob said:
I don't need another defensive line player at the moment! Oh and you will be scared. Oh yes you will.

Top 5 pick gets me 80+ in round 1 and 2 and then another decent player in round 3.

well i wont have to play you because you're garbage and won't finish 1 or 2 in your division. i think i play the NFC north in 2013 though, so maybe we'll see each other at some point down the road (you won't be making the playoffs so that's out of the question too)

Top Bottom