• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(360) Unofficial NeoGAF Madden League Trading Block Thread: Other People's Trash...

LJ11

I went to DCX before anyone did, except Zep, and asked him if he wanted an LB? At that point I had deals with no one, and my whole roster was in tact. DCX was fine at the position, and he didn't really seem interested in anything else on my roster. Heck I offered Poz for a high second and got turned down for logistical reasons more than anything.

Yeah, I dumped my roster but I'm tired of playing with the same guys, and there's no point when some aren't going anywhere anymore. Might as well bring in a fresh crop and have some fun with scrubs.

LJ11

Fifty said:
:( I would have given up the 18th pick overall for Poz

That wouldn't have have gotten me to 11!

I posted a couple of days ago that everyone was available except OT/DT. No one came knocking on my door, so I went out and hunted for trades.

Also, who else nudged his way into the top ten, I need to set up the board.

Mrbob

Gates sucks compared to Olsen. He is on the downside of his career, where Greg went from 27 to 28 and jumped from 87 to 89 this past offseason. Couple more productive years left!

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Gates sucks compared to Olsen. He is on the downside of his career, where Greg went from 27 to 28 and jumped from 87 to 89 this past offseason. Couple more productive years left!

This type of logic is why you have accomplished zero in the franchise sir.

Mrbob

Yeah I didn't get set up with an auto win team this year. :(

Next year, though, Peppers and Harris on the same line, Chesta and Forte out of the backfield, Knox and Aromashadu on my WR roster instead of not having him like I do right now.... plus TE Cheese still hopefully.....give me some good ratings EA!

Mrbob

What are you up to now...37 players over a rating of 80. :p

You better get back into the playoffs! My team has no bidness being there and I have done so the past two seasons!

Mrbob said:
Oh damn I read that wrong first thinking you were gonna unload grimes. That would have been seexxxaay. :D

not a chance, just have a offensive backlog with colston, meachem, henderson, grimes, bush, westbrook, thomas, te whose name i forget

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
1175u8g.jpg

LiveWire

I used that chart a few seasons ago for a potential trade for Haynesworth and you laughed at it. Now all of a sudden it's the measuring stick?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
I used that chart a few seasons ago for a potential trade for Haynesworth and you laughed at it. Now all of a sudden it's the measuring stick?
Maybe because we weren't trading draft picks?

I don't remember the exact details, but just so everyone is clear and to prove how ridiculous the proposal was, Livewire wanted to construct a deal around Fat Al and Osi using their original draft pick values.

Fat Al - 15th overall - 1050 points
Osi - 56th overall - 340 points.

So regardless of Osi having been a 90 rated DE at the time and having been to the pro-bowl multiple times, he would still have been worth just a late second rounder. GTFO. I would have to give up way more players/picks than was worth it.

Lone, trade me Tom Brady for a 6th rounder. You're getting value!

Sable, Colston for my fifth! I'm clearly losing out!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
have some Safety's (81/85 ratings) and TE's (Both 75) up on the block.

Looking for WR's/CB's

Would be willing to package picks to make deals work

Mrbob

Anyone need a possession receiver and willing to trade a speed receiver?

I have both Bennett and Inglesius on my roster. Due to Jcut ability, both WR have a 99 catch rating now (go progression go!). Bennett has an 88 catch in traffic rating.

I might be willing to part with one for the right offer. I would look at unloading one for defensive end help too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am looking for more mid rounders (second would be nice). I'm open to discuss 48 of the 53 80+ OVR guys on my roster (Not Kenny Phillips, Webster, Sintim, Atkinson, or Eli).

LiveWire

I sent a few of the cabal the details of the trade, but fuck it, here's the offer. Let the people vote. Either we have one person approving all trades (FMT is the best choice here, he is the least biased person in the league in regards to trading, in my opinion), or we might as well get a general consensus from as many players as possible.

Redskins give:

Albert Haynesworth DT (95 OVR)

Cardinals give:

1st round pick (#13 overall)
2nd round pick (#45 overall, #13 in the 2nd round)

FYI, I used Wellington's posted NFL trade values to calculate this. Here's my thinking, comment as you see fit:

A 95 OVR player (effectively one of the best, if not the best, at his position) should command a top 6 or 7 pick (when Haynesworth was still 99 OVR, perhaps a #2 or 3 pick). Larry Fitzgerald (99 OVR) could command this now, for example.

So, let's say, Haynesworth is worth a #6: According to the chart here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20206876&postcount=1070

He's worth 1,600 points. Cardinals #13 overall + their #45 overall is 1,150+450=1,600. Makes sense to me. Anyone disagree? Perhaps we should use this system from now on for trades. FYI, Santana Moss (84 OVR wide receiver) went for a #43 overall. He would be worth 470 points in this system.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Rorschach said:
Woah! Dockett/Haynesworth! Force!!!

Brandon Carr (82) - Rolle - Barkley (94 SS) - Rodgers-Cromartie (95)

Dansby - Adrian Wilson

Suggs - Haynesworth - Dockett - Campbell (83)

McFadden at nickelback for now.

Striker

Astro and his manual DL cheese! :p

Thankfully I already played his Cardinals last season. I wouldn't want to play against a trio of Suggs, Dockett, and Haynesworth. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Yeah... wow.

Guess everyone is going defensive this year... yet, I'm going offensive. Something's got to give!

You could go either way and still beat everyone.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anyone want Ramses Barden? Dude is 6'6", 92 CTH, 88 CIT, 97 JMP. Good red zone target but I'm not going to use him thanks to Boss, Beckum, Nicks, and CJ being sick red zone guys.

Fifty

I'm looking to improve on the D line, or at OLB. I have the 17th pick in the first and 2nd round up for trade I'd also throw in a replacement player (75ish) for the position you'd be trading me (I could give you a serviceable DE, DT or OLB).

Considering that the person only 4 picks above me got 95 rated Haynesworth for their 1st and 2nd..I had to float this out there with 5 hours before the draft.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I'm looking to improve on the D line, or at OLB. I have the 17th pick in the first and 2nd round up for trade I'd also throw in a replacement player (75ish) for the position you'd be trading me (I could give you a serviceable DE, DT or OLB).

Considering that the person only 4 picks above me got 95 rated Haynesworth for their 1st and 2nd..I had to float this out there with 5 hours before the draft.
pmed

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's pretty unlikely that anyone fits the bill, but just in case: I'd be willing to move Wilson (96 SS) for an OLB with great coverage skills. If it's anyone with a below 95 OVR would have to be a package deal.

Rorschach

AstroLad said:
It's pretty unlikely that anyone fits the bill, but just in case: I'd be willing to move Wilson (96 SS) for an OLB with great coverage skills. If it's anyone with a below 95 OVR would have to be a package deal.
Tempting, but I'd charge a mint for Howard. I'm so attached! And he's rated below 95 to boot!

Top Bottom