• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

I just finished the story in Fantasy Life and though I have many, many more hours to go I've set it aside for the moment and switched to Pokemon Alpha Sapphire.

dr labson

Neo Member
Fire Emblem Awakening and Fantasy Life.

I still need to finish Awakening.
After that I will play Fantasy Life.

Fantasy Life is still kinda boring to me, I'm still only at chapter 2 so I guess I'll see whether it gets better.

Awakening is also really dragging on. Not being able to grind however I want is so stupid.
Really wish the game had a quick battle system and rewards like increased exp gain or something like that for subsequent playthroughs to make the pacing faster like Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Sapiens

Smash Bros here and there.

Checking my all time log and...Super Mario 3D Land is still No 1 of all time though, heh.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Monster Hunter, tons of Monster Hunter for some reason.

Tom_Cody

Eternally Smash.

I'm still playing the 3DS version to clear out the challenge boards before I move on to the Wii U version. I should be mostly done by the end of the weekend. There are certain challenges that I'm ok with leaving undone, or to be done over the next few years.

Persona Q's release has inspired me to finally try the copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV I bought a few months back. It's pretty brutal thus far but I like that. It's letting me figure out things for myself.

ranmafan

Youkai Watch. Been really impressed how enjoyable the game and the world is. Lots of fun. Ill go straight into the sequel after finishing it too.

hitgirl

I some weird thing now with my 3DS where I can't play any long games on it. Like Link Between Worlds was amazing but was a pain to play through because I just wanted to be playing a console or a PC. What are some 3DS games that are great in short play sessions? I did the 300 hours in Animal Crossing over a year, 15 minute gameplay sessions and that was great.

DeanBDean

The wife's 3DS has Picross e5. She's an eternal Picross player.

Mine has Smash 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3D. The frame rate is...not good for Metal Gear Solid, but its really cool to play the game in 3D and I don't have a PS3/XBox360 so its my only ay to get my MGS3 fix. Hopefully they'll come out with a re-remaster for the Fox Engine on PC.

I'm playing a lot of Super Smash Bros. and Tomodachi Life (still!), with a bit of Pushmo mixed in there.

I think I'm finally very close to beginning A Link Between Worlds, though.

Xhorder

Playing through EU edition of Shin Megami Tensei IV. At 26 hours or so... playing whenever I have some spare time. Really like it so far.

VLiberty

Just played for almost 2 hours straight at OOT: I went through the infamous Water Temple from start to finish in a single sit. honestly...really? I thought it was much "worse" judging from all the fuss I heard about it.

I'm loving this game btw. I'll get TP and SS asap(I'll skip WW until I get a Wii U).
And of course I have to restart Zelda Starfox someday, which, despite being one of my favourite games, I've never finished for some reason.

For the first time in years my 3DS was starting to cool off, then the new Pokemons came out (X was my top played game since I've had the thing, basically tied with Fire Emblem)

Just played for almost 2 hours straight at OOT: I went through the infamous Water Temple from start to finish in a single sit. honestly...really? I thought it was much "worse" judging from all the fuss I heard about it.

The Water Temple... well it's the greatest game of all-time so of course the worst dungeon still kicks ass. It's shortcomings are embellished IMO. Still need to finish it, I'm at Jabu-Jabu

Mine has Smash 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3D.

Good games, two I would like to own
I'm also playing Crimson Shroud. It's superb, (I love FF12, Vagrant Story, FF9) and great for short sessions too

VLiberty

For the first time in years my 3DS was starting to cool off, then the new Pokemons came out (X was my top played game since I've had the thing, basically tied with Fire Emblem)

The Water Temple... well it's the greatest game of all-time so of course the worst dungeon still kicks ass. It's shortcomings are embellished IMO. Still need to finish it, I'm at Jabu Jabu

I don't know if they said it was bad or the worst dungeon(I don't think it is) but I remember a lot of people complaining about it being too hard to get through...frankly I didn't find it that difficult, it was on par with the other dungeons; maybe the 3D's Water Temple has been made easier?

Sora_N

I got Kirby Triple Deluxe for $20 2 weeks ago, trying to finish it off when I'm not playing Smash (WiiU).

My friend gave me a copy of Pokemon Ruby so I want to start that after.

I heard Kirby is short so that's why I'm trying to finish it first.

Awakening is also really dragging on. Not being able to grind however I want is so stupid

I loved the game, and almost finished it on Hard, so I switched over to Lunatic Classic, and experienced the greatest SRPG ever for me. But I had Frederick carry my whole team (without losing a member), and now that I need more than just 1 bad-ass on my team, the game is broken and I cannot continue. Really frustrating that you can break such an amazing game

I don't know if they said it was bad or the worst dungeon(I don't think it is) but I remember a lot of people complaining about it being too hard to get through...frankly I didn't find it that difficult, it was on par with the other dungeons; maybe the 3D's Water Temple has been made easier?

I think one of the biggest complaints was having to switch gear so often and how clunky the menus were. And of course, that's not a problem in the 3DS version

Beast780

I'm done with Fantasy Life for a while at 20 hours. I'll pick it back up at a later date. I'm about 2 hours into Persona Q and I love it, I also have Omega Red to start.

VLiberty

I loved the game, and almost finished it on Hard, so I switched over to Lunatic Classic, and experienced the greatest SRPG ever for me. But I had Frederick carry my whole team (without losing a member), and now that I need more than just 1 bad-ass on my team, the game is broken and I cannot continue. Really frustrating that you can break such an amazing game

I think one of the biggest complaints was having to switch gear so often and how clunky the menus were. And of course, that's not a problem in the 3DS version

Aaah I got it now. I remember reading something about the heavy boots not being an item but an equipment part in the N64 version...yeah, going back and forth to the menù would have been annoying

ghibli99

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and I'm not sure why I keep playing it. LOL It's not really a game, but the daily rewards, simple grinding, interactions, etc. somehow compel me to check in each day. For how much longer, I have no idea, but the game is pretty masterful about the whole "come back tomorrow for something new and cool!" thing.

I'm chipping away at the Dark Moon post-game. I 3-starred/100%'d the first mansion, and I think that was more frustrating than fun, so I don't know how much more of it I'll do. Pretty cool game otherwise.

I picked up Curtain Call for $20 over the weekend, so that will likely be next.

Kinda went crazy over the past couple of weeks and picked up like 7 3DS games.

7 hours into Fantasy Life and not really feeling it. Maybe I'm not doing the right Lives? Fishing, Mercenary, and Miner is not really hooking me right now, and the story/dialogue flat out sucks. I know I've only scratch the surface but I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far. Putting this on the backburner and contemplating selling it while it can still fetch $30ish.

Part of the reason why I'm laying off Fantasy Life is that I just bought Bravely Default off the Gaf Community Sell thread. I'm liking the production values on this and am only in the intro so far. Feels way more classic JRPG than FL, so I can see myself going deeper into this one.

Making my way through New Super Mario Brothers 2 one world at a time. I try to get all the Star Coins immediately, so I definitely feel challenged at times. 10 hours in and I've beaten only 6 of the 9 worlds. Fun!

Picked up Centipede: Infestation hoping to find a hidden gem, but sadly it doesn't look to be one. I was looking for something similar to The Red Star on PS2 but I'm not getting the shmup bullet-dodging vibe. It's more of a frantic twin-stick shooter with a sad excuse for the second stick (the face buttons, ugh). A port of a Wii game, which I hear is a much better game.

On Black Friday, I snatched up Mario Kart 7 and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and I broke the seal on MK7 last night and raced a few cups, as well as a couple of online races. Glad to see there are still people playing this so long after the initial release! Looking forward to having my first 3DS mulitplayer experience.

Probably will not break into DKCR until I finish off NSMB2. I'm scared about its much-touted difficulty, honestly.

In addition to all these games, I have Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Steel Diver, Shinobi 3D, and Pilotwings Resort in various states of progress that I intend to pick up and play every once in a while. Really need to find a groove with some of these games and actually complete them in a somewhat timely manner, not drag out the play through.

Oh and I have quite the RPG backlog building up, with copies of Fire Emblem Awakening and Tales of the Abyss coming in, as well as Shin Megami Tensei IV sitting on the shelf. I should be set for two more years with the 3DS. Sorry for the long post.

leng jai

Luigi's Mansion.

This game is an utter masterpiece. I can't even comprehend how much love must have been put into making this game. The animations, the sound design, the visuals - it's all immaculate.

bigcummer99

Neo Member
gonna go back to rune factory 4. i didn't hate it but it felt uninspired, like i don't remember anyone from 4, whereas 3 had pretty interesting characters. also, the step from 2 to 3 was massive, but 3 to 4 feels like more of the same. i poured at least 40 hours into 3, and that's being conservative. with 4 i think i ended up spending like 12 hours before calling it quits. i'll give it another chance

maxcriden

On Black Friday, I snatched up Mario Kart 7 and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and I broke the seal on MK7 last night and raced a few cups, as well as a couple of online races. Glad to see there are still people playing this so long after the initial release! Looking forward to having my first 3DS mulitplayer experience.

Probably will not break into DKCR until I finish off NSMB2. I'm scared about its much-touted difficulty, honestly.

It's tough but awesome. Don't be afraid, PassiveObserver! Let the awesomeness of DKCR 3D take over your life!

VLiberty

Kinda went crazy over the past couple of weeks and picked up like 7 3DS games.

7 hours into Fantasy Life and not really feeling it. Maybe I'm not doing the right Lives? Fishing, Mercenary, and Miner is not really hooking me right now, and the story/dialogue flat out sucks. I know I've only scratch the surface but I'm not liking what I'm seeing so far. Putting this on the backburner and contemplating selling it while it can still fetch $30ish.

Part of the reason why I'm laying off Fantasy Life is that I just bought Bravely Default off the Gaf Community Sell thread. I'm liking the production values on this and am only in the intro so far. Feels way more classic JRPG than FL, so I can see myself going deeper into this one.

Making my way through New Super Mario Brothers 2 one world at a time. I try to get all the Star Coins immediately, so I definitely feel challenged at times. 10 hours in and I've beaten only 6 of the 9 worlds. Fun!

Picked up Centipede: Infestation hoping to find a hidden gem, but sadly it doesn't look to be one. I was looking for something similar to The Red Star on PS2 but I'm not getting the shmup bullet-dodging vibe. It's more of a frantic twin-stick shooter with a sad excuse for the second stick (the face buttons, ugh). A port of a Wii game, which I hear is a much better game.

In addition to all these games, I have Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, Steel Diver, Shinobi 3D, and Pilotwings Resort in various states of progress that I intend to pick up and play every once in a while. Really need to find a groove with some of these games and actually complete them in a somewhat timely manner, not drag out the play through.

Oh and I have quite the RPG backlog building up, with copies of Fire Emblem Awakening and Tales of the Abyss coming in, as well as Shin Megami Tensei IV sitting on the shelf. I should be set for two more years with the 3DS. Sorry for the long post.
Pilotwings is great. Wish it had more locations though...

If you're looking for hidden underrated games, look at Epic Mickey, if you can find it for cheap, and Castlevania.

And if you want a twin stick shooter, I heard that Nano Assault Ex is pretty good (and supports CCP) albeit short. I need to get it someday, but first I should get a CCP for cheap
edit:ah ok, you don't want a twin stick shooter lol

It's tough but awesome. Don't be afraid, PassiveObserver! Let the awesomeness of DKCR 3D take over your life!

Why are you a Junior? :O

M3d10n

I have become hopelessly addicted to picross. I beat Picross E and promptly went to the eShop looking for more and found out there are four sequels. Welp.

(I already have Mario Picross, it's the one that started all of this)

redcrayon

Persona Q. Trying to resist buying SMTIV as my dungeon crawler backlog at the moment is starting to look like a bottomless labyrinth.

Oxx

Squeezing the last amounts of juice out of Fantasy Life, before contemplating going back and finishing Luigi's Mansion 2 or starting Persona Q.

Nothing, the 3DS has been dry for a while. I'm going back to Kid Icarus though. Super good game.
I hope there's some good stuff to come out soon. I miss my 3ds!

Matriox

Pokemon Sapphire, Fantasy Life, and Kirby Triple Attack. FL was pretty cool for the first few hours but I'm sort of bored with it now. Kirby is really great, having tons of fun with that one, and Pokemon I'm barely 20 minutes in but got called out for work the Night I had booted it up for the first time.

EDIT: Oh and smash, but I'm terrible and only play a match or two before switching back to Fantasy Life or Kirby.

I have become hopelessly addicted to picross. I beat Picross E and promptly went to the eShop looking for more and found out there are four sequels. Welp.

(I already have Mario Picross, it's the one that started all of this)

I hope that Mario Picross 2 (GB) will get a NA Virtual Console release. I believe it's currently available on 3DS in JP.

Top Bottom