• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Curtain Call and Smash.

And that's only cause these games are so shiny and new, so I'm taking a break from SMTIV, Pokemon X, and DQIX.

The handheld has become a beast as far as I'm concerned. It's my main gaming hardware this gen so far, easily trumping home consoles except maybe for the WiiU.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I completed my XY Pokédex a few days ago, so I'm finally free to start Fire Emblem Awakening. I bought it at launch and never even bothered to try it.

Oh, and Smash!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Just finished Layton vs Wright. It was awesome.

But now I don't know what to play :(

VLiberty

I'm awakening this thread from the dead again just to say I'm almost 10 hours in OOT and I'm loving it. Also playing some Picross every once and then even though I'm battling with the touch screen in the later levels because the squares are so tiny...

OOT is making me wish there were more N64 remakes...

Sadist

Almost completed SMT IV on neutral. Feels good.

Now I'm playing Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call. Fantastic game. New quest gameplay is fun.

turbocat

I'm about 5 hours into Omega Ruby right now...I was doing a Nuzlocke run, but I think I'm going to give that up and switch back to normal. I want to fully experience the new Dex upgrades and whatnot, and Nuzlocke doesn't cater well to that.

I tried playing Pokemon Dream Radar last week. Don't fall for the trap. It's not worth your time, even if you're a PokeManiac like me.

Velinos

I am currently playing through Fire Emblem: Awakening. The game is going slow because I keep restarting each battle whenever someone dies.

Majestad

Banned
I'm awakening this thread from the dead again just to say I'm almost 10 hours in OOT and I'm loving it. Also playing some Picross every once and then even though I'm battling with the touch screen in the later levels because the squares are so tiny...

OOT is making me wish there were more N64 remakes...

Majora's Mask coming spring my dude.

Conezays

Currently finishing off the last Layton game, then planning on picking up Persona Q and the Ace Attorney Trilogy soon. That being said, my backlog across all systems/PC is staggering so we'll see.

kris.

Banned
I haven't touched my 3DS in months. :/ Considered giving it and my games to my sister for Christmas but then the Majora's Mask remake FINALLY got announced and now I can't. I just can't.

OuterLimits

Etrian Odyssey Untold. Etrian IV and Persona Q next. Still have a huge 3DS backlog. Such a fantastic selection of games on this system.

Just finished Yoshi's New Island 100%. Started Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Tried Smash but I don't think I'm into it anymore. I never liked fighters, but I played a lot of the first and Melee. Doesn't help that everything is so tiny. I guess I'll give it another chance.

Also, Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Recently got OoT, and the nostalgia blew me away.

The title screen, Link riding Epona across the field, Navi flying through the forest to Link's hut... perfect remake. The graphics are the perfect mix of improvement while still remaining faithful and recognizable. Ganondorf's pointy face is spot-on.

kunonabi

I've completely given up on Smash and its bullshit unlocks. 40 hours of straight grinding for the last 8 hats and the final 7 trophies and I haven't gotten a single one. Considering I have to unlock everything again in the Wii U version anyway so the whole thing has been a waste of my time.

Back to playing Tomodachi Life daily and I recently picked up Curtain Call, Azran Legacy, and Fantasy Life. I'm busy with studies so mostly curtain call since I can pick it up for short bursts.

I'm 14 days away from my 500th day in Animal Crossing.
Waiting on that big tree then it's time to finally let it rest :(

Finished up the last challenge on Smash.
It was 'get all items.' After about a week I realised I'm not built for that kind of grind, had to use a hammer in the end.
It's soured me on the game now though, the unlocks are ridiculous.
Don't know when I'll be back.

Beat Rhythm Thief over the weekend. Great presentation but pretty average overall.

I've been slacking on Fantasy Life, I'll get back to it this week.

Recently got OoT, and the nostalgia blew me away.

The title screen, Link riding Epona across the field, Navi flying through the forest to Link's hut... perfect remake. The graphics are the perfect mix of improvement while still remaining faithful and recognizable. Ganondorf's pointy face is spot-on.

The remake is so glorious, I got a little emotional when I was walking around Kokiri Forest.
The 3D effect and use of gyroscope are great too.
Can't wait to play this again before Majora (on the New 3DS hopefully!)

Animal Crossing: New Leaf all day every day.

But aside from that, I've picked up Fantasy Life (it's great!) and Pokemon Omega Ruby. My 3DS is getting much love this season.

tav7623

Earlier this month I was playing Smash Bros for 3DS, but then I ended up getting Bravely Default as a gift so that's what I'm currently playing. At the moment I'm on Chapter 3 (
I've completed the Qada & Praline boss fights and am now in the fire temple about to go toe to toe with Chaugmar
)and have so far logged about 32 hrs of playtime.

Update: I am now on Ch.6 (55 hrs in) and my patience is really starting to wear thin, if I have to
re fight all the crystal bosses for a fourth time
I'm gonna f***ing quit this game.

Dr. Buni

The Mysterious Murasame Castle. This game is hard ~.~

I was also playing Fire Emblem Awakening, trying to finish it (for the second time, dropped it a few months ago and restarted it this week), but I just can't. It is such a mediocre game, specially compared to some earlier entries in the series. How some people consider this one of the 3DS greatest games is beyond me. I wish I had spent the money on Kirby Triple Deluxe instead.

Marz

The Mysterious Murasame Castle. This game is hard ~.~

I was also playing Fire Emblem Awakening, trying to finish it (for the second time, dropped it a few months ago and restarted it this week), but I just can't. It is such a mediocre game, specially compared to some earlier entries in the series. How some people consider this one of the 3DS greatest games is beyond me. I wish I had spent the money on Kirby Triple Deluxe instead.

Blasphemy

AEREC

Currently making my way through TLoZ:OoT, last played it in 98 or 99 so it's nice to see it still has alot of charm and still very enjoyable. Though that really sums up every Zelda game.

I also never played Majora's Mask so it will be exciting to experience that on the 3DS when it releases.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Sweet! How far in are you? (also I sent you a comics-related PM!)

i'm at the water temple now, i can see why it's so divisive. the game is incredible, though.

i saw the pm, i've got a good local comic store i frequent so i'm good on TPBs.

Top Bottom