• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

75% of the time, players pick performance over fidelity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Cerney is the man and I love to geek out over his technical specs. I found it interesting that 75% of the time that players are picking performance over Fidelity. I do that 99% of the time myself but shocked even the mass consumers do it as well. I guess this proves the old saying that Gameplay>>>> over graphics. I hope this steers the industry more towards optimizing their games and make them play more smoothly instead of the usual Cram as much in the game as possible but run it at 30fps. Developers should take note on where the industry should lead.

This is for console gamers of course, not the pc elitist. 60FPS is a new standard this generation for consoles and do not believe we will be going back to the old 30 (sub 30) fps standard. I could even see the Next Box or PS6 target 90 or 120fps as standard.

I would gladly take an advanced version of ”amiga level vector graphics”, with endless viewing distance and simpler yet detailed looks, over extremely detailed games in 30 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom