• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

75 reasons to love Metroid Prime2 Echoes

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Nice screens, but I don't see the purpose of attaching a bunch of other bullshit to them.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
To make things interesting, I say we have a contest to see who can point out the lamest of the reasons.

MY VOTE:

47. Again, The Light Suit

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102551672-000.jpg

Just in case you missed it the first time, here's a slightly different look at one of the amazing new suits Samus eventually acquires in Metroid Prime 2. You know you want it.

Edit: While I'm at it how many freaking times are they gonna point out that there's dead bodies occasionally around? I think I'm at like 5.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
AniHawk said:
Ew. Looks like a cross between the Terminator skeleton, and the Newborn from Alien Resurrection.
Seriously, and what's with that really wide stance? How can human legs possibly do that? It's like the legs go straight up and then suddenly make 90 degree turns inward. If I didn't know there was supposed to be a human in that, I would instantly think it was a robot.

I don't mind the color scheme though. Kinda cool.

snapty00

Banned
I'm undecided about the graphics. Some of it looks really great (usually the screens with Samus), but a lot of it seems very, very plain. Some parts seem to have very flat and drab geometry with equally dull and "gray" textures.

Deg

Banned
Eric-GCA said:
Wow, these are nice captures. How in the heck are they so nice? The GameCube capturing usually sucks.

the capture aint that great. It seems clear but it also feels like those blurry screens but sharpened up alot. Which give the impression its worser than the first game. The game looks alot nicer in person.

Kon Tiki

Banned
snapty00 said:
I'm undecided about the graphics. Some of it looks really great (usually the screens with Samus), but a lot of it seems very, very plain. Some parts seem to have very flat and drab geometry with equally dull and "gray" textures.
Flat? Grey? You sure you are not playing that other game?

Deg

Banned
The detail in the game is awesome. Screens dont show it well but in MP1 cracked walls and stuff were hot.

Tenguman

Retro artists are just the best.....

They seem to have really crafted a unique new world totally different from the first.

mattx5

Those wormholes that the Ing pop out of look fucking sick.

2 weeks ago I wasn't hyped for this.

After seeing all these screens over the past few days, I'm going to be skipping school and waiting outside in the cold to pick this baby up :D

AniHawk

I love the feel of this new world opposed to Tallon IV. Tallon IV used a lot of yellows and oranges with few cool colors. Aether has more of a relaxed feel to it, using cool colors more than warm ones. Just easier on the eyes, I guess.

Mrbob

Damn it.

I swore off this game until next year after the November 16 release of HL2 but now after looking at these pics I have to buy it right away.

AniHawk

Mrbob said:
Damn it.

I swore off this game until next year after the November 16 release of HL2 but now after looking at these pics I have to buy it right away.

You shouldn't have bought a Gamecube. Look at what it's doing to you.

Top Bottom