• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

75 reasons to love Metroid Prime2 Echoes

Sullichin

I wonder what you wil need the light suit for. I mean, Samus can survive in the light world no problem with just her regular suit, right?

Mashing

Man, this game looks nuts... Just looking at the screens and imagining myself in Samus's suit... competely atompsheric (my favorite quality about a game is how atmospheric it is... too many games fail miserably in this aspect).

I hope that if for the multiplayer, if they aren't going to have multiple models to use, they should at least let you choose which suit you want to wear, from either game, or even the fusion suit. That would at least make it a bit more interesting than palette swaps.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Deg said:
MP has better picture quality than any PS2 game. Ok. GC renders screens better than this. These are representative of other first party games. Take a look at MP6 for example. Its the same quality grabs.
Deg said:
lol. Actually its beyond your comprehension. Nintendo's first party games have the exact same type of grabs lately. That doesnt mean every Gc games have the same grabs.
you're clearly an idiot. shut up before you make yourself look any stupider.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
ImNotLikeThem:

> I don't think anyones really arguing that these aren't what the gamecube is "actually"
> redering, thats obvious.

Anyone who complains about the GameCube capturing in regards to these screens doesn't know what he's talking about. Plain and simple.

pestul

Terrible article for such an amazing game. The screens would have been sufficient enough.. but they have to have "Upgrades" & then "Missile Upgrades" as two distinct reasons in the 75. :p

I hope theres a multiplayer level, that has one large room in the middle full of grappling points that you can only reach from the second floor. I had this awesome kinda day dream thing (sad I know) that I played this the other day, and there was something like this. I was trying to kill a hunter swinging above me, and it was a total bitch.

An enjoyable bitch.

Deg

Banned
ImNotLikeThem said:
I hope that if for the multiplayer, if they aren't going to have multiple models to use, they should at least let you choose which suit you want to wear, from either game, or even the fusion suit. That would at least make it a bit more interesting than palette swaps.

Yeah right now its just colour palette swaps

Scrow said:
you're clearly an idiot. shut up before you make yourself look any stupider.

Is this the best you can do? I've already proven myself even moreso with the new screens of MP6 and DK:JB.

Kon Tiki

Banned
I have taken frame buffer dumps of Outrun 2 on Xbox. The pic (with no compression) have jaggies. They do not have jaggies on my TV.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
cyba already explained it perfectly for you. if you aren't willing to accept fact, there's no point discussing this any further.
cybamerc said:
Deg:

> Then explain why the picture quality looks different on my tv? Why no such very strong jaggies?

We need the rolleyes back.

Games look different on your tv because:
1. TV tubes are lower quality than those those used for computer monitors and optimized for lower resolutions. The added softness + visible scanlines + line flickering helps reduce jagginess.
2. A deflicker filter is typically used in combination with interlaced outputs. It's basically a kind of blur filter that helps reduce jagginess.

> These arent perfect. They are good but not perfect.

For the last time. These screens are exactly what the GameCube renders. If you want something prettier you'll either have to talk Retro into redoing the graphics engine or enhance the pictures. 99.99% of all console screens that feature AA have been rendered at super high resolutions and downsampled in Photoshop.

Deg

Banned
Scrow said:
cyba already explained it perfectly for you. if you aren't willing to accept fact, there's no point discussing this any further.

I already said that it wont look like that on tv in pretty much every post i've made in this thread. You can keep attacking me for no reason if you want. You'll only waste your own time.

What you see is exactly what the GameCube outputs.

Thats what i disagreed with.

Games look different on your tv because:
1. TV tubes are lower quality than those those used for computer monitors and optimized for lower resolutions. The added softness + visible scanlines + line flickering helps reduce jagginess.
2. A deflicker filter is typically used in combination with interlaced outputs. It's basically a kind of blur filter that helps reduce jagginess.

He then explains. Essentially agreeing with me on the picture being nicer on tv. Why are you carrying on?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Deg:

> I already said that it wont look like that on tv in pretty much every post i've made in
> this thread.

Actually you've mentioned TVs in just one of your posts prior to this. Your initial claim was that the captures aren't perfect. As I've explained the captures can't possibly be any more perfect - if by perfect one means accurate. The screens are exactly what the GameCube renders. These screens are exactly what is displayed if you have a progressive scan tv or use a VGA cable. Interlaced outputs have a blur filter applied to them. Applying such a filter to screens that are viewed on a computer screen won't make them prettier or more accurate.

> He then explains. Essentially agreeing with me on the picture being nicer on tv.

Not at all. I explained to you why it looks different on a tv.

Mrbob

Damn, this thread has gone to hell. So now I shall post this funny pic I have found:

dwjrs

Top Bottom