• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A member of the Simpsons cast is coming out of the closet

Status
Not open for further replies.
"ONCE AGAIN, "My post had... nothing to do with continuity.." - It was merely a refute of Omnigamer, alluding to one instance, that did not intend to suggest that therefore Patty could not be gay. Again, *specific context*. An argument inside another with no implications on the greater scheme."

Arguing for the sake of arguing. I get it. ;)

But to refute your point in that specific context......Rosie O'donnell worships Tom Cruise, to the point where she was making comments about stealing him from Nicole and calling him My Tommy. She's a lesbian.

Patty might have seen it as Jay being insulting by calling him gay. Some people call celebrities gay as an insult. Besides, at that point Patty did not consider herself gay (if she does indeed now).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Of course, it's going to be Maggie.

maggie-mug.gif

Remember?

OmniGamer

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
But to refute your point in that specific context......Rosie O'donnell worships Tom Cruise, to the point where she was making comments about stealing him from Nicole and calling him My Tommy. She's a lesbian.

Patty might have seen it as Jay being insulting by calling him gay. Some people call celebrities gay as an insult. Besides, at that point Patty did not consider herself gay (if she does indeed now).

Thank you. Bart even says after "You badmouthed MacGuyver didn't you?"(or something similar). It would be about slander moreso than Patty being str8 as an arrow.

Diablos

You know its time for a show to end when it's ANIMATED and over a decade later they introduce a homosexual character to boost ratings. Heh.

GG-Duo

Jim Bowie said:
The Simpsons isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think of humourous cartoons, but it's up there. Give credit where credits due, folks- just because The Simpons isn't as off colour as shows such as Family Guy and South Park doesn't make the show unfunny and terrible.

Giving credit where credit is due means recognizing the brilliant writing in early seasons, and that the new writers are hacks. Hacks who are pissing on this show's legacy.

Socreges

Banned
Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:

Thank you. Bart even says after "You badmouthed MacGuyver didn't you?"(or something similar). It would be about slander moreso than Patty being str8 as an arrow.
...uh, wow.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
GG-Duo said:
Giving credit where credit is due means recognizing the brilliant writing in early seasons, and that the new writers are hacks. Hacks who are pissing on this show's legacy.

agreed.-
i try so hard to like the new simpsons - i really do, but it's all over. i find myself switching the episodes off halfway through. it's hard to let go because most of the old ones are just no let-up for the entire episode, and the new ones are exactly as you describe.

i still laugh at the little miss springfield pageant and when they go to duff gardens (amongst hundreds of other scenes) to this day. i can't remember any of the new ones i have found even more than amusing for a few minutes (with the exception of the scene with ' the christmas that almost wasn't, but then was' telemovie)

i think the last one i watched had homer and bart blowing things up with fireworks in the backyard. then they blew up lisa's room and the first scene ended with homer saying 'lisa, there comes a time in every man's life where he blows up his daughter's room.'

MY GOD

*me watching, expressionless*
*tv goes off*

Rlan

I think I'll quote a Futurama Audio Commentary, sung in the tune of Beethoven:

"NOBODY CARES!! NOBODY CARES!!"

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Rlan said:

"Time continues to skip forward randomly, details at 11." (time jump) "This is the news at 11. The mysterious and unexplained…" (time jump) "Turning to entertainment news: Teen singer 'Wendy' might just be the lates…" (time jump) "…won 3 Grammy's last nigh." (time jump) "…was found dead. In her bathtub."

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Rlan said:

Which episode is that from? (i thought id heard them all)

Pimpwerx

I would vote for Patty or Milhouse's dad. Although I agree that Milhouse's dad would be done poorly and thus fail. The show has grown long in the tooth, and as has been mentioned, Family Guy and South Park do a better job of political satire. The Simpsons really needs something big to change for it to stay fresh, but as it is, I haven't watched an ep for the last 3 years or so. Just not worth the time on Sunday anymore. Arrested Development is the only thing to get me watchin on Sunday nights. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom