• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABZÛ |OT| A Journey into an ocean of wisdom

Oneself

Finished the game and all I can say is that it kinda feels like Journey 2, but I think I liked ABZÛ more.

All I want now is to buy the glorious Austin Wintory OST!
Did you LOVE Journey and is it still one of the best games you've ever played?

Can't wait for the embargo to lift to see the general consensus. I still remember how surprised I was by Journey and finished it in one sitting at the time. Think I'll do the same for Abzu. It's pre-loaded on my PS4 and ready to go, the perfect tonic after some Resident Evil 6 co-op with a friend tonight.

Demption

Can't wait for the embargo to lift to see the general consensus. I still remember how surprised I was by Journey and finished it in one sitting at the time. Think I'll do the same for Abzu. It's pre-loaded on my PS4 and ready to go, the perfect tonic after some Resident Evil 6 co-op with a friend tonight.
How many hours to go before it unlocks? Under 6?

Finished the game and all I can say is that it kinda feels like Journey 2, but I think I liked ABZÛ more.

All I want now is to buy the glorious Austin Wintory OST!

How does it control?

One GAFer was complaining about the controls for the demo he tried.

Freeman76

Caved and pre-ordered on PS4, is there a dynamic theme with it? ALso how do I preload, it just says ready in 7 hours blah blah

Freeman76

Press X on the icon, it will bring you to the countdown on a blue background with a DOWNLOAD button on the bottom

Is it different in EU? I dont have that button, definitely preordered though, paid for, email received etc. I havent had a theme either.

hunterst

Neo Member
PewDiePie
100.gif

Karak

When does embargo end?

We can discuss the game in detail at 12:01am pst
While late it was nice to get to play through it a 3rd time for the walking the walk art discussion video and to be honest 1 more time for the review just in case.
But sadly is right up to the line for consumers.

Also OP thanks so much for posting my interview there. It got me an interview with Jesse Harlin from Mafia 3 and I think they saw it here. So thanks man.

Drackhorn

So it's kinda like Journey 2, uses the amazing Unreal Engine 4 and has music by Austin Wintory? I'm all over this at midnight!

P.S. I know Austin is keeping an eye on this thread, I just want to tell you I actually bought your Journey soundtrack. It's simply amazing.

My favorite is "Apotheosis"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/journey-original-soundtrack/id511359368?ign-mpt=uo=4

Fantastic in art style and music indeed. The two combined made Journey magical at times. Really looking forward to the successor.

Nia

Between Subnautica, Song of the Deep, and this, it's a good time for an ocean lover such as myself right now.

Matt Frost

Cant wait for midnight to start the game and install the theme! :D

Is it different in EU? I dont have that button, definitely preordered though, paid for, email received etc. I havent had a theme either.

I am on the EU. If that doesnt work go to the Store, look for ABZÛ, pess X on the timer below the Icon (on the Store page of the game) and a new screen opens with the clock and a download option. Should be there...

The theme downloads at the same time the game unlocks... in less than 6 hours! :D

Between Subnautica, Song of the Deep, and this, it's a good time for an ocean lover such as myself right now.

Song of the Deep was a fantastic game! Will investigate about Subnautica now...
Edit: Xbox... only have a PS4... damn

Ferr986

Man I don't know if I should play this tomorrow or wait till Friday (maybe finishing it in one sitting like Journey).

klaushm

It's my first pre-order on PS4. This game is gorgeous and the song is top notch.

Counting the seconds

Edit: 10 hours here.

CHC

So no preload / preorder on Steam? Just curious, not really a big deal for me personally as I'm out of town anyway.

Top Bottom