• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABZÛ |OT| A Journey into an ocean of wisdom

V3rt1go

I LOVED Journey and it is one of the favourites of all time but ABZÛ came in a time where emotionally, I just need that game without knowing it.

It feels like something special.

You can adjust the movement of the sticks and camera, and it becomes gradually more intuitive but I can't say much more.

I LOVED Journey and it is one of the favourites of all time but ABZÛ came in a time where emotionally, I just need that game without knowing it.

It feels like something special.

You can adjust the movement of the sticks and camera, and it becomes gradually more intuitive but I can't say much more.

GET HYPE

Thanks for the impressions. Been too long since I've dipped into something like this.

Palmer27

3 hours to go!...
And it will be midnight here in the UK, something to look forward to after work tomorrow...

Fbh

So for people who have played it (I guess you can't say much but I'm mostly looking for a yes/no answer).

One of the things I loved about Journey was the overall "plot" or "message" behind it. The way each area was ment to represent a stage of life really elevated the game for me to something beyond just "move forward to get to the next nice looking area". It gave meaning to it, it made it feel like, well, a Journey

Does this game have something like that? Some.. "thing"... holding it all together?

Pre-ordered! I really need this game!! I need a game to help me relax because some fucking asshole broke into my car, and it became a really depressing day for me.

Palmer27

Yup, tomorrow is going to be a looooong day at work. I'm now wishing I'd taken a day off for this, but ah well..

Good luck ;)
I'm only cleaning in the gap before uni (I'm hopefully studying composition) - stuff like Journey with nice music and art keeps my brain from withering of boredom.
A nice carrot anyway.

NateDrake

So for people who have played it (I guess you can't say much but I'm mostly looking for a yes/no answer).

One of the things I loved about Journey was the overall "plot" or "message" behind it. The way each area was ment to represent a stage of life really elevated the game for me to something beyond just "move forward to get to the next nice looking area". It gave meaning to it, it made it feel like, well, a Journey

Does this game have something like that? Some.. "thing"... holding it all together?
IMO, yes.

Ferr986

Finished another Journey run. Man, this game is like peeling onions for me. Last stage and ending always gets me.

Tb0ne07

Man I think I'm going to finish Journey tonight and then start this. I've only ever made it halfway through Journey

Tekniqs

Never played Journey, but in it you can randomly meet up with other players right? they remain nameless but it's still other players playing somewhere else.

Will this be the case with this game?

Make sure you post some impressions!!

Just barely touched the surface.

Guys. This is Journey in sea. There is no better explanation for it thus far.

The music. The school of fish. The fluidity of the diver movements.

I am just barely 10 minutes in and I am already feeling the emotions here and there.

This will score tremendously high at the reviewers. I can not see it being anything else.

FelipeMGM

I only saw my review code today (fuck you my spam filter) and played some of it, and Im a bit past the embargo for previews
(which is after the second area of the game)
Also, Im glad they cut the previews at that part of the game ;)

When are reviews out?

Reviews will be posted at midnight PST, I'll prob be here, and I guess I will have finished the game so we can chat about it.

EDIT: One thing that I think its okay to say, is that I find this game inspired not only by Journey, but also by Flower

S1kkZ

20 minutes in, the music is fucking killing me. its perfect.

and yeah: after 20 minutes, this feels like a sequel to journey (in the best way possible).

THAT MUSIC MAN!

The fluidity of the diver. I think I am in love with it. Every game that involves swimming needs this kind of fluidity from now on.

It just clicks the moment you start.

Anung

Un Rama
Split between wanting to buy it now while it's a little cheaper than full price and waiting for more word of mouth.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Well now you know!

Everyone who is currently playing it or have played it for reviews seem to really like it, so there's a genuine excitement and hype for this game!
Just shot to the top of my hype meter. Just need to decide PS4 or PC...

Journey was one of the all-time greats for me, I also bought the OST, and I love underwater games so things are looking pretty good!

40 minutes played. Need to go to bed or else I will have a terrible day tomorrow.

For the people who pre-ordered this. Oh man. You are in for such a sweet ride. What an experience so far!

Everything just clicks. The ocean still feels dangerous and huge, but they also accomplished a sense of wonder into this.

The one thing that I absolutely love is that they give so much free space for you to swim around in. It definitely feels bigger than Journey in that regard.

This is hitting the same emotional strings I had when I first played Journey. If it's better that needs to be seen, but it is already on my Top 5 list. It really is THAT good.

Top Bottom