• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Acclaim: Don't Call It a Comeback

Well, at least not in name.

http://www.mcvuk.com/html/news/story.jsp?newsId=1928745

Cousens saves Acclaim studios

30 September 2004 by Stuart Dinsey
A new British games publisher is set to emerge from the ashes of Acclaim, with four titles already signed and the highly rated Juiced firmly in its sights.
MCV understands that Rod Cousens, former global boss of the collapsed US giant, and LA-based Europlay Capital Advisers LLC have acquired the studios in Cheltenham and Manchester.

Assets picked up include four games, notably the hot prospects Interview With A Made Man and Heist, plus certain back-catalogue and IP.

Around 160 staff worked at Cheltenham and Manchester, with the new company hopeful that the majority will be re-employed.

The business will operate as a new company, with a new name, managed by Rod Cousens and a team also including former Acclaim head of publishing Barry Jafrato.

With strong financial backing and an impressive team, it is hoped that Juiced will soon be signed. A number of Acclaim’s US assets are also being targeted.

Europlay Capital Advisers is headed up by industry veterans Mark Dyne and Sean Brennan.

Whilst staying low profile, they have pulled off a series of impressive deals over the past couple of years, such as the sale of Shiny Entertainment to Atari, TDKi to Take Two and the merger between VIS InterActive and Bam.

A good day for Britsoft.

Alcibiades

Some Acclaim guy that used to work in Austin (supposedly he's worked on tons of Acclaim games) is going to be a guest speaker for a meeting of a club I'm in (TAGD, Texas A&M Game Developers).

I wonder if I should ask him how splitting up resources for Turok Evolution affected the outcome.

Sho Nuff

Banned
efralope said:
Some Acclaim guy that used to work in Austin (supposedly he's worked on tons of Acclaim games) is going to be a guest speaker for a meeting of a club I'm in (TAGD, Texas A&M Game Developers).

I wonder if I should ask him how splitting up resources for Turok Evolution affected the outcome.

Yeah, because they're such TRAITORS.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
efralope said:

It should have been exclusive to Gamecube Nintendo!!!111

pilonv1

efralope said:

Make sure you ask him in Japanese like that guy at E3. That will show him you're serious.

Top Bottom