• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Parablank

I guess I'm putting Pokemon on hold when this comes out, the SMT4 and FE:A $30 eShop credit is going to be really helpful here.

I still can't get over DD though, maybe a limited physical run when GS6 comes out or something?
it's never going to happen is it :c

Mr-Joker

Banned
Does this have more than one Animé cut scenes? Because in the demo the cut scene wasn't subtitled and I found it hard to hear what Phoenix was saying.

no physical copy, no buy

Then don't complain when the next Ace Attorney game doesn't get localized.

Ridley327

defense+is+ready.jpg

Shoulda been the first post.

Can't wait!

Anbec7

Let´s go!

OBJECTION!

Currently I´m playing the second one :S will I be able to finish them all before this releases?

*Insert game music here.

Does this have more than one Animé cut scenes? Because in the demo the cut scene wasn't subtitled and I found it hard to hear what Phoenix was saying.

Then don't complain when the next Ace Attorney game doesn't get localized.
It has a lot of them but they're relatively short apparently
edit:beaten

This game is constantly shifting with JFA as my third or fourth place.

DD is more well rounded and leaves AA4 and both Investigations games in its dust, but JFA had THAT case and more solid character development.

And yes, get the DLC case. It is damn good. Real damn good.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sighs* I hate hate hate that there's no retail copy.

Fine, I'll buy it digitally, but I won't play it. You'll get my money, but you won't get my playtime. If by chance you do release a retail copy, then I'm double dipping and playing that.

Stupid fucking Capcom run by incompetent morons leaving them with little in the bank grumble grumble grumble.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
imma ignore this and go with GSR's opinion cause I want to be happy

At least it's better than AAI.

Fine, I'll buy it digitally, but I won't play it. You'll get my money, but you won't get my playtime. If by chance you do release a retail copy, then I'm double dipping and playing that.

Stupid fucking Capcom run by incompetent morons leaving them with little in the bank grumble grumble grumble.

This greatly confuses me. I also hate the fact that there's no physical copy of this game. I think it's an offensive move by Capcom.

But why would you buy it at all if you're not going to play it?

Aw yiss. Can't wait for everyone else to get a chance to play it - it's probably my second favorite in the series after T&T.

!!!

Also, buy the DLC case when it comes out. One of the best standalone cases in the series.

!!!

As if I could get any more hyped.

This game is constantly shifting with JFA as my third or fourth place.

DD is more well rounded and leaves AA4 and both Investigations games in its dust, but JFA had THAT case and more solid character development.

And yes, get the DLC case. It is damn good. Real damn good.

....oh

BlackJace

What's wrong with the iOS trilogy? I'm playing through it now in preparation for this game and it seems fine.

There's just a lot of weird oversights. The art isn't that great, misspellings, missing text, weird centering, etc. If it works for you its cool. We were just bitching about it in the AA Community thread actually lol.

*Asks a robot to comprehend*
*Robot's response*
tumblr_l6ht47A6s11qc073co1_400.gif

=P

Miker

Considering how bland JFA's first three cases were, I'm pretty sure AA5 will stand head and shoulders above it by the time I've finished it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
At least it's better than AAI.

This greatly confuses me. I also hate the fact that there's no physical copy of this game. I think it's an offensive move by Capcom.

But why would you buy it at all if you're not going to play it?

Consider it a compromise. I'll pay them for the chance of future localizations, but that doesn't mean I'll actually partake in the current one.

lmao ok

rekameohs

Banned
Placing JFA is near impossible, because Cases 1-3 are legit bad. I mean, wow. Sure, Case 2 is relevant to the series as a whole, and its plot is resumed in the fantastic finale to T&T, but still, Case 2 of JFA just still ain't fun. However, in my opinion Case 4 is without a doubt the best case in the entire series. It stands head and shoulders over the rest. I absolutely love that case and the way that it deals with the characterization of Phoenix and the side characters, plus it told a fairly powerful message about what it means to chase the truth, even in a wacky court scenario like the AA series has.

Just a weird game in that regard, really.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Consider it a compromise. I'll pay them for the chance of future localizations, but that doesn't mean I'll actually partake in the current one.

Honestly, that feels kind of backwards. They don't care about your playtime. They care about your money. And they'll have gotten it.

Frolow

Banned
Great OT. Any word on if there's going to be a midnight release or if they plan to just put it up at the standard time?

Fey

Banned
I wish this and Pokemon had switched release dates. This is my one week off from school and I have to control myself and not play this until the Winter Break. I think I'd be able to hold off of Pokemon until then, but this? ;_____;

I'll just replay the first four games this week to quench my thirst for AA right now.

Vamphuntr

I'll be there on the 24th. Have bought every AA release day one since JFA. I'm just hoping the plot is better than AJ. I really like AA1-3 and AAI1 but hated AJ. I felt the plot was the most nonsensical one in the series and that Apollo was an awful main character and that Klavier was a really poor prosecutor/antagonist.

Not spoiled at all on the game but the fact Apollo is in and that the trailer hints that he has a case isn't reassuring to me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
aai is second best game in the series behind t&t

I disagree. Personal preference, of course, but AAI was too convoluted without a centralized focus for me. And most of the characters aside from Kay Faraday were forgettable. The lack of a courtroom really hurt the game as a whole. Almost all of the tension was missing.

Rhapsody

Banned
Placing JFA is near impossible, because Cases 1-3 are legit bad. I mean, wow. Sure, Case 2 is relevant to the series as a whole, and its plot is resumed in the fantastic finale to T&T, but still, Case 2 of JFA just still ain't fun. However, in my opinion Case 4 is without a doubt the best case in the entire series. It stands head and shoulders over the rest. I absolutely love that case.

Just a weird game in that regard, really.

How I felt about AA2 as a whole. But I'm pretty sure that's the popular opinion of it.

SlickVic

Not a fan of Nintendo's download policy, but if no retail copies is what prompted the $30 price, then it's hard for me to get too worked up about it. At the end of the day, getting the game cheaper is probably a bigger plus to me than having a retail copy.

rekameohs

Banned
I disagree. Personal preference, of course, but AAI was too convoluted without a centralized focus for me. And most of the characters aside from Kay Faraday were forgettable. The lack of a courtroom really hurt the game as a whole. Almost all of the tension was gone.

I've been watching the translated walkthrough of AAI2, and it's really interesting. I'm loving the story and it seems significantly better than the first one, but its murder situations are absolutely even more convoluted, haha.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been watching the translated walkthrough of AAI2, and it's really interesting. I'm loving the story and it seems significantly better than the first one, but its murder situations are absolutely even more convoluted, haha.

Yeah, I've heard that. And if AAI2 were released here, I'd pre-order it in a second. I just think that AAI was a weak entry overall. I still liked it.

Midou

Super hyped. My 4GB 3DS XL SD card was running out of space, I only bought a couple digital games lately, so I went out and upgraded to a 32 GB so I would be ready for AA5. Day 0, demo was great, I love this series. I really would advise everyone who is going to jump on this first to at least try to find some means to play previous ones, i.e from a friend or shop or whatnot.

Chrom

Really excited for Ace Attorney 5! I added funds to my eShop wallet a few days ago in anticipation for this.

What DLC will be available for this game? Other than the aforementioned DLC case and some costume DLC I recall from a trailer, I have no idea what the game offers. Can anyone provide an in-depth answer?

GSR

Ah, then I will wait to see if they have subtitles or not, kinda hoping that it was the demo that didn't have it but the full version does.

Unfortunately I don't think they do, unless they add them for the English release.

3>1>AJ>AAI=2

yes ive started this

AJ is kinda dropping with this playthrough tho

3>5~=1>AAI2>PLvsPW>AJ>AAI>JFA

AJ is really hard to place for me because I really liked the new cast and setting but man cases 3 and 4 are just messes in parts. JFA might also bump up over AAI on basis of case 4 alone, which blows any AAI case out of the water. Can't really decide between 5 and 1 for second.

BlackJace

Guys, I know it's digital only. I've made at least 3 funny references to it in the OT. Let's not devolve into complaining about it,

Make the 14th thread about Nintendo's digital policies if it stings so much.

rekameohs

Banned
Yeah, I've heard that. And if AAI2 were released here, I'd pre-order it in a second. I just think that AAI was a weak entry overall. I still liked it.

Take for example the final case in the first AAI. I'm sure you remember how ridiculously complicated the murderer's plan was to hide the body in that case. Well, there's a similar method - if even crazier - scheme happening in just Case 2 of the sequel, let alone the cases that follow!

Top Bottom