• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney Community Thread - MUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCHMUNCH

Cody_D165

Banned
I'm not gonna buy "best entry in the series" until I get a chance to play it myself, just because I find it hard to imagine a game that could top T&T.

But if it does...

Lusankya

I'm not gonna buy "best entry in the series" until I get a chance to play it myself, just because I find it hard to imagine a game that could top T&T.

But if it does...

Always depends on the player, doesn't it? ;)
I mean it's not like everyone thinks T&T/3-5 are the best game/case in the series?

Personally I'll be happy when I can rank AA:DD among the top 3 in the series. Although the internal ranking isn't that important because I love all AA games, even the "worst" one.
Oh, Famitsu score indeed aren't that meaningful, but better having a good Famitsu score than a bad Famitsu score, right? But it's strange that among the comments no one mentions the story or characters, but only the graphics. I would like to know what the reviewers think of of the story and the new characters, and how the returning characters fit into the overall pictures.

I personally want less mystical stuff in my AA games... which hopefully this delivers. T&T was great but the mystical stuff, not the best parts even though the ending 'turnabout' was fantastic.

Still fairly disappointed that they didn't incorporate the point and click 3rd person stuff from AAI to mainline games.

Those were actually fun in AAI unlike in the mainline stuff :/

Lusankya

The Ace Attorney Facebook site and Capcom Europe posted two English videos.

The first one features the special investigation scene we already saw in Japanese shows (won't be in the final game):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_HlFbtj9jc

The second video shows some Blackquill scenes from case 2 and you can hear is "Objection" (the description is wrong and claims this would be case 3, though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtCyq-TQiaA

The game is rated PEGI 16 and ESRB M.

Edit:
Also English screenshots from Case 3 plus the special scenario:
http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-screenshots-5/

The Ace Attorney Facebook site and Capcom Europe posted two English videos.

The first one features the special investigation scene we already saw in Japanese shows (won't be in the final game):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_HlFbtj9jc

The second video shows some Blackquill scenes from case 2 and you can hear is "Objection" (the description is wrong and claims this would be case 3, though):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtCyq-TQiaA

The game is rated PEGI 16 and ESRB M.

Edit:
Also English screenshots from Case 3 plus the special scenario:
http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-screenshots-5/

looks like Wright will meet Maya after all.
In heaven.

WOAH! Rated M?!? That's intense yo...

No wonder Capcom is hesitant to do a physical release. They likely aren't sure if they'll be able to move as many copies since the game is M-rated. Which is a bogus assumption, of course, but I can't help but feel that's the case...

GSR

Official site got one last update:

chara_naruhodou_activity_img04.png

http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/

Shows off some shiny art for Phoenix, screens for Edgeworth and
Pearl
, and Psyche-Locks.

"So, plan on presenting legitimate evidence this time, Wright?"

"Oh, fuck you, Edgeworth."

Though Famitsu scores don't mean much, their raving about the game's finale interests me.

I mean every AA game has had a fantastic finale I would assume this one will be no different. Even AAI despite it being a bit long winded was pretty awesome at the end.

GSR

I mean every AA game has had a fantastic finale I would assume this one will be no different. Even AAI despite it being a bit long winded was pretty awesome at the end.

I think both the AAI games suffered a bit from spending so much time building up to the final case and then not quite having it all come together as well as it needed to. I'm hoping in this game it'll be a bit more like AA4, where the overall plot is seeded about, but most of the earlier cases are largely standalone.

I think both the AAI games suffered a bit from spending so much time building up to the final case and then not quite having it all come together as well as it needed to. I'm hoping in this game it'll be a bit more like AA4, where the overall plot is seeded about, but most of the earlier cases are largely standalone.

As long as there's more gameplay involved, not to the levels of stupid that was 1-5 or AAI1-5 but probably around 1-4 and 2-4 which I think both had a great balance in their finales of gameplay and :O

Drago

Just got to the
Phoenix Wright trial in case 4 of Apollo Justice.

Feels good seeing Gumshoe again,
but for the most part I really like the new cast. I thought I'd miss all the oldies but I haven't really felt that way. I really like the game a bunch so far.

Also, the M rating is shocking to me. Makes me more excited for Dual Destinies!

CorvoSol

I'm replaying Apollo Justice to try and distract myself from my lost copy of T&T. God, Klavier is easily the worst prosecutor.

See? We can totally agree on things. Klavier is so awful. I wanted to sock him every time he punched the wall behind him. I was doubly ticked to discover that
he of all people was the Prosecutor for the case that cost Phoenix his badge.

Had to chuckle at the fact that even Eshiro falls prey to save scumming. Really like everything I'm hearing about streamlining stuff, but making sure to keep it in line with the older titles for those that want to play it that way.

Also, between the Famitsu reviews and this interview, they really seem to be hyping that ending.

Lusankya

Really like everything I'm hearing about streamlining stuff, but making sure to keep it in line with the older titles for those that want to play it that way.

It's a really good idea. I probably won't use the hints during the trials, but I'll surely need that check list for the investigation parts. :)

The biggest moment of dumb for any ace attorney investigation is 3-2 when from the very beginning you see a piece of paper on the ground but you can't actually collect it until the second investigation and it's the last thing you get before going back to court. That pissed me off so much -.-

Lusankya

Eshiro: "I think some players want to present every piece of evidence they have, so we changed the dialog for every evidence presented. You won't be getting the same old generic "This isn't important." dialog. Nor will you get the same message when you search things while investigating."

I guess I don't need the new check list feature after all, since there is no reason for me not to present every single evidence to every single person. :D

Eshiro: "I think some players want to present every piece of evidence they have, so we changed the dialog for every evidence presented. You won't be getting the same old generic "This isn't important." dialog. Nor will you get the same message when you search things while investigating."

I guess I don't need the new check list feature after all, since there is no reason for me not to present every single evidence to every single person. :D

Woah, that's really significant! I didn't think they'd do that.

This game is gonna be a blast. ^_^

Chrom

Just started playing Apollo Justice last night, so nice. Did anyone else think the first case was really good? I was pleasantly surprised at how complex it was compared to the first cases of other games.

I love doing that. Wasted my time in previous game doing that lol.

Just started playing Apollo Justice last night, so nice. Did anyone else think the first case was really good? I was pleasantly surprised at how complex it was compared to the first cases of other games.

It's my favourite first case in the series, diving straight into the swerves as early as possible.

I'm replaying Apollo Justice to try and distract myself from my lost copy of T&T. God, Klavier is easily the worst prosecutor.

Just starting the final court phase of 3-5 myself. What a ride. After this it's on to AAI and AA4. I'm trying to replay them all now so I'm not burnt out by the time AA5 is released, but I'm about three games done and I'm not even close to it.

Sorian

Banned

A lot of people will say the game is downhill from there. I kind of agree, though there is a single trial day later on that I appreciate much more.

Drago

Finished Apollo Justice a few days ago. I really liked it for the most part, though I felt the last case especially was kinda underwhelming. First case was the best respective case in the series, and the second case was quite fun, but the third and fourth just felt kinda blah. If I had to rate the games, it would go AA3 > AA1 > AA4 > AA2. Now the wait for AA5 begins...

Also, noand I had a lot of fun w donning the best expression in the game ;)

protonion

Apollo is probably my favorite because it's darker and more serious than the others.
However there are huge plot holes when you rethink some cases plus case 1 ruins one character
(the victim which in case 4 is revealed to be a very important person in the whole plot tries to struggle the dealer over a stupid poker game)

I think AA3 gets a lot of love beceause of Godot and the epic final testimony but there was much ridiculousness in the game.
I prefer the Apollo's approach.

Less Larry, Lotta and oldbag please!

Bought the PW games last month and been powering through them in preparation for DD. Still have AAI left to beat, though, in the middle of the chapter when you're on the plane.

So hyped for DD's release.

Ultimadrago

I personally want less mystical stuff in my AA games... which hopefully this delivers.

I'm all good either way. I completely fine with a largely "mystical" or forensic approach.

It's the only case I liked in that game lol

Funnily enough, I was only fond of the final case in AA4. And even then it was more due to mechanical reasons than those involving plot.

Ohh, I just love
Pearl's
official art:
http://i.imgur.com/skruIfm.png

My heart. It's too sweet.

Exodist

Speaking of supernatural elements in Ace Attorney, I don't mind them, but I do much prefer not having them. The game is basically a murder mystery type thing and I think sometimes supernatural elements kind of take away from it. I'm sure they'll stick to the more 'forensic' approach as always, with some supernatural elements. I don't mind the characters channelling others and stuff.

Top Bottom